The Simpsons vs. Family Guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which is better, Family Guy or The Simpsons?

• Family Guy

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • The Simpsons

Votes: 35 60.3%

• Total voters
Simpsons, hands down.

It's all about Mr. Burns people.
burns_72.jpg

Exxxxxxxxxcellent

Diemen said:

I have yet to watch a Family Guy that hasn't had at least one moment that was flat out hilarious to me. Can't say the same about the Simpsons. Both are great shows - I just dig Family Guy more. :)
I must concur.
Each episode of Family Guy delivers at least one nearly fall off the couch guffaw, The Simpsons have not done this for me much, if at all, over the last 6 or 7 years.
Now perhaps thats because the Simpsons just can't keep the humor fresh after so long and Family Guy is only in its quasi-4th season, and maybe 10 years from now if FG is still on I'll find it becoming stale, but for now give me Stewie and Brian over Bart and Santa's Little Helper.

tarquinsuperb said:

Sorry no offence meant, but I just think there's plenty of good subtle jokes in Family Guy like the Simpsons USED to be. Besides how could I insult a Seinfeld fan.
I think that get's to the heart of my annoyance with the Simpsons it used to be my favourite show before the newer ones disappointed so often. Compare that with Seinfeld where the final couple of series were as good if not better than the earlier series.

No offense taken :wink:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Marge used to be a cop AND a female bodybuilder. She'd own Lois's ass. :up:

I did think that but Lois is a former Karate Champion and gave birth to the future ruler of the Universe. I left the Lois vs. Marge debate because I thought it was too close to call.

As for the children I think it would be a Griffin clean sweep.

Anyone have any ideas about Mayor West vs. Diamond Joe Quimby.
I'm going with Kennedy, I mean Quimby much bigger guy plus he's got mob friends.

I have put much too much thought into this. Maybe I'd be happier on a Sci-Fi Message Board.

[Hangs head in shame]
:reject:

Adam West is infinitely funnier than Quimby.

"Oh no...that episode of Growing Pains where Mike's friend Boner ran for student council....B-boner!...his....name...was....bbbboooner"

"Nobody messes with Adam We..."

And let's not forget the greatest Adam West moment: when he's talking through a tube of toilet paper... "Does it sound like I'm on old time radiooooo?"

meegannie said:
Futurama.

and I agree! Futurama is/was/whatever my favorite show of this kind

but about Simpsons or Family Guy... believe me, I'm a big Simpsons fan, I almost know every single line in every single ep., but new seasons are bad (that's the word), and Family Guy wins for that reason... I'm comparing Simpsons newest seasons with Family Guy in general

Maybe we should be more specific with the question, i.e., are we comparing the shows as they both are now in 2005? Or should we compare the series' as a whole? Or are we comparing the best season of FG and the best season of the Simpsons?

Lemonfix said:
Maybe we should be more specific with the question, i.e., are we comparing the shows as they both are now in 2005? Or should we compare the series' as a whole? Or are we comparing the best season of FG and the best season of the Simpsons?

oops, I quoted instead of edited :eyebrow:

Tough choice

As others have said The Simpsons was the best show around from about 1994 - 2002. I grew up watching these episodes and they were funny and original. From about series 5 to series 12 they got nearly every episode spot on. I'm thinking MONORAIL, SIDESHOW BOB EPISODES, KAMP KRUSTY, BARTS ROAD TRIP. All genius moments. If they had managed to maintain this quality in 2005 I would say this contest is a no brainer. HOWEVER, as has been said, the quality of gags and storylines has radically deteriorated, filled with C-list celebrities with one liners. There is a marked difference between the quality GARBAGEMAN episode with U2 in c.1998, to the crap episodes recently with Blair and Tony Hawk in. I dont know what series the simpsons is on now (17/18???) and i no longer watch it with regularity, which saddens me.

Family Guy on the otherhand is fresh and very very funny. Episodes such as Peter having LIPOSUCTION and founding PETORIA are classics. On current form it is Family Guy. Though could FG last for 17 seasons, I think not. Therefore my vote goes to THE SIMPSONS.

Of course the best is actually FUTURAMA, criminally cancelled, should have had at least 2 more seasons, it was at its peak!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom