The Simpsons Movie Hype Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I don't know what to say here...

18 years in the making...

7 years too late (maybe)...

but one thing's for sure... I'm PSYCHED... AND SO SHOULD YOU!!

July 27 for the World, July 25 (HELL YES!!) here in Chile, 10Pm pre-premiere, I'm going with like my 6 best friends... the best time

and you should know this movie will be good, for just one thing:

SPIDER PIG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-O7Nteshv4

I almost cried laughing at that... if you don't you have no soul

Last edited:
I'm excited! To hell with all the "it's sucked for years" haters. I'm going to see it, and I will very likely enjoy it. :up:

I'm so excited too! :hyper:

Last weekend when I was in Seattle, I went to the 7-11 that they have decorated like the Kwik-E-Mart! :love:

I've loved The Simpsons since I was a kid, and I'll definitely be seeing this movie!

MAJORLY EXCITED!! WOOT!!!:hyper: :hyper:

My second cousin is Sam Simon who was one of the original producers of the show. He left the show in the mid 90s but still is filthy rich just off the royalties, products alone.. He has also done quite a few shows, like Cheers, Taxi etc... Not sure if he gets any credit on the movie. I will have to check..

I just checked imdb and he is getting credit as a developer I believe. I haven't talked to him since I was a kid..

Last edited:
corianderstem said:
I'm excited! To hell with all the "it's sucked for years" haters. I'm going to see it, and I will very likely enjoy it. :up:

Indeed. :cute: This show is my childhood. I'm going. Maybe not opening night, but I definitely intend to see it at the theatre.

As long as I accept this is post Season 7 Simpsons writing, I won't hate it, I guess.

I mean, but, remember when it was a great, relevant show? I miss that a bit :(

Now, if you will excuse me

*clears throat*

cskinerae5.gif

Got you, my rompy little doppleganger

Last edited:
Canadiens1160 said:
As long as I accept this is post Season 7 Simpsons writing, I won't hate it, I guess.

I would argue that it was good up to (and including) season 9. After that, it's dropped off to having about 3 good/decent episodes a year. :(

However, this movie has supposedly been in the works for 10+ years, so maybe it won't suck. :shrug:

Canadiens1160 said:

i miss that a lot. :( :(

i'll probably still see it, unless it's supposed to completely suck.

which it could.

I am so excited about this movie :hyper:!!!!!!!!!!
I catch myself humming and singing "spiderpig, spiderpig......." just out of the blue.......
Can't wait to see this!

check this folks...

July 24, 2007
Posted by: Tassoula

There's probably no one left on planet earth that doesn't know that
The Simpsons Movie is opening this Friday, July 27. What folks may not
know is that our favorite frontman is referenced in a sub-plot
involving Lisa Simpson and an Irish activist she becomes interested in.

No word yet on whether or not Bono is pleased by this shout-out, but
since imitation is the highest form of flattery, and U2 did appear on
an episode of The Simpsons during its ninth season, I'm bargaining
he's okay with it.

To read more spoilers about the film, follow this link:

http://news. yahoo.com/ s/nm/20070705/ film_nm/simpsons _dc

:cool: :bono: :hyper:

I'm going with 7 friends, to the premiere, TONIGHT!!!

I'M SO PYSCHED!!!! :hyper:

in the cinema lobby, there's a couch with all 5 simpsons, and an empty seat, so you can take our picture, and with some coupon contest, I MAY WIN ONE OF THEM (homer, marge, bart, lisa, maggie or the couch) :hyper:

SPIDER PIG, SPIDER PIG, DOES WHATEVER A SPIDER PIG DOES!!!! :faint:

I went to see it today, it was just amazingly brilliant*, I would encourage everyone to go see it. Only problem with is that it's quite short but still it gets a massive :up: from me.

*My opinion is in no way biased by the fact that I am a Simpsons fanatic

pepokiss said:

SPIDER PIG, SPIDER PIG, DOES WHATEVER A SPIDER PIG DOES!!!! :faint:

Can he spin from a web? No he can't cos he's a pig, look out here comes a spider pig :wink:

The guy in our paper today gave it only three stars, saying that once it hit the 30 minute mark it went downhill. He said the first half hour was hilarious, the rest not so much. "Good but not great."

I'm trusting the less positive reviews, personally... Spiderpig does not strike me as funny in the least (does this mean I have no soul?) and there was no part of the trailers I found even interesting at all.

I guess I'll see it, it's not like my respect for the show has been tainted alrady, it's been downhill for the past ten years now, and that's a fact.

Back
Top Bottom