The Scissor Sisters...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They absolutely butchered Comfortably Numb, and for this, I cannot ever forgive them.

They killed the best song ever. :sad:

Good campy fun - I perfer their orginal songs - I can see how a person who likes the orginal comfortably numb would be offened -It is kinda like Clay Akin (sp?) covering WTSHNN - just not right on any level as that song is sacred :) and shall not be covered by anyone
I like Filthy/Gorgeous - very campy pre-party fun

No...it is Bee Gees Comfy Numb! :mad:

It's terrible!! How the hell can you like it?!?!

Roger Waters must have shat himself!

I think those rap girls that ripped of the Wall were far more worrying.

I like Scissor Sisters, that backseat song, love that one. And comfortably numb. And tits on the radio :up:

I have heard much ado about them, but I have yet to hear any of their music.

Yeah, I know that's not helpful. :wink:

I saw them live at a festival a couple of weeks ago and I was impressed (and that doesn't happen easily). Their songs are okay (don't know if I would play the cd at home), but what was the coolest was the show. Very entertaining...

fah said:
I am going to see them September 24th at a small club. :up:

That's cool...you'll have to tell us what you think.

I have read that they are "this generations Village People" ifyouknowwhatImean! :sexywink:

Eh...I don't like the CD that much but I kinda liked the Glastonbury set I downloaded. I'm seeing them on the 12th, they're playing here with The Killers.

Trying to keep an open mind since I've heard they might be opening for U2.

I havent heard them yet, and I'm not really jumping at the gun to hear them either. I'll keep my mind (and ears) open to them when I finally do though.

:bump: <------ since I take way too long to find out about things sometimes. :wink:

Recently picked up a used copy of their album, and I am hooked! I'm mad at myself for taking so long to listen to them. :mad: :lol:

I want to get my sister a copy. I think she'd love it...and it's always exciting when we love the same music! :laugh:

When she got a used computer, I fixed it up for her and loaded it with iTunes and about 100 songs I thought she'd like...and she did! Words cannot express the joy I felt in having my sister call me up late at night to tell me how much she likes an Idlewild song. :D

oh man they're awesome.

i don't feel like dancing might be the song of the year!

I DONT FEEL LIKE DANCING!
Holy shit this band is great!

Even a jaded rock fan like myself can have a soft spot for 70s Elton-Johnish arrangements/vocals, and even a little bit of suspect disco wanking.

Back
Top Bottom