The Rolling Stones Survivor - The Rolling Stones (UK & US) - Preliminary Round

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your FAVORITE song

• Route 66

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Just Want to Make Love to You

• Honest I Do

• Now I've Got a Witness

• Little by Little

• Carol

• Tell Me (You're Coming Back)

• Can I Get a Witness

• You Can Make It If You Try

• Walking the Dog

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Welcome to the most recent Interference music survivor. This time, we'll be doing The Rolling Stones. This will be a little weirder than previous survivors, because we're going to skip a lot of their later career, and their early career is a bit messy.

That being said, I'm going to try something new for this round, and if it doesn't work, we'll start things up normally next week instead.

So please: VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE TRACK

Not your least favorite. Not your friend's favorite. Vote for YOUR favorite track on the album.

After this round is over, any songs that didn't receive a vote will be eliminated, and we'll resume the survivor as normal.

This album is a Tier 3 album, so it will have two songs move forward to the Tier 3 semifinal.

The tiers, for those who may have missed them:

Tier 1 = Five songs from each album
1 - Beggars Banquet - 14
1 - Let it Bleed - 14
1 - Exile on Main St - 14
4 - Sticky Fingers - 13

Tier 2 = Three songs from each album
5 - Some Girls - 5
6 - Their Satanic Majesties Request - 4
7 - Goats Head Soup - 4
8 - Aftermath - 3
9 - Between the Buttons - 2

Tier 3 = 2 Song per album
10 - The Rolling Stones - 1
11 - Out of Our Heads - 1
12 - Tattoo You - 1
13 - 12 x 5 / The Rolling Stones #2
14 - December's Children (And Everybody's)
15 - It's Only Rock N' Roll
16 - Black and Blue
17 - Emotional Rescue

Each tier will then have a semi-final, the third tier's semi-final will include any songs from the remaining Stones albums that were either hits, or were requested to be included. If there are any b-sides/rarities that I should know about to include in the final tier, speak now, or forever hold your peace.

Thinking about it, for this album in particular, this method may end up with one single song with all the votes, since it has such a major favorite on it in Not Fade Away...

So, I listened to this yesterday, and Mona as well, and it's super hard not to just vote for "Not Fade Away" on the merit of being the only song I already knew by them in the first place alone. But, that being said, as much fun as I had with everything else, and as intriguing as it was to hear them be one of the best karaoke bands ever for about 45 minutes..."Not Fade Away" is just one of their all-time bests. Even if they didn't write it.

I don't believe I have ever listened to this album all the way through. Mona is great, though.

God I hate this UK/US version crap. I listened to the UK version and now I see everyone here raving about Not Fade Away. So I had a quick listen to that one as well. I would have voted for Route 66 but I've just noticed the poll's closed anyway. :lol:

I'm not bothering with much of this stuff. Just listened to Not Fade Away and Mona and I doubt I will listen to either again. Bring on the good stuff!

I don't think I'm alone in saying it's a pretty beloved part of their catalogue. IDK, I just know whenever anyone else covering the song gets mentioned, I inevitably hear about the superior Stones version.

Well, I got three songs with votes, so we'll have one more round for this album, though I suspect the results will be pretty obvious.

And Niels, you're pretty safe just listening to one version of the album and then whatever the individual leftover track is, since Mona and Not Fade Away are practically the same song :wink:.

Back
Top Bottom