The Rolling Stones Survivor - Some Girls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your THREE FAVORITE songs.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Moving on from the Black and Blue round are the all-time classics: Memory Motel and Fool to Cry

And now: YESSSSSSS!

Er, I mean...*no-personal-bias*...we've arrived at the final Tier 2 album: Some Girls. While it polled the highest of the Tier 2 albums, it still wasn't anywhere near the number of votes received by the Big 4, so let's just say it's the best of what's around.

That being said, 3 songs will be moving through, so

Please: VOTE FOR YOUR THREE FAVORITE SONGS

I adore this album. It just speaks strongly to how earnestly I love Satanic Majesties that it's not my favorite of theirs. Any other artist and it would easily be.

Miss You and Some Girls, for sure. I can't believe I'm the first person to vote for the latter.

I will probably be the only person to vote for Just My Imagination because covers tend to be poorly regarded in survivors, but this is one of my favorite Stones covers.

Good album. It's energy is what really drives it, though in terms of songcraft it is a few definite notches below the big four.

That said, Miss You, Far Away Eyes, and Beast of Burden are all-timers. Those are my three choices.

Beast of Burden, Miss You, When The Whip Comes Down. Can't believe I was only 2nd for Burden

I want to go for Shattered, Before they Make Me Run and Miss You, but I'm just not sure.

Back
Top Bottom