The Rolling Stones Survivor - Out of Our Heads (US/UK) (PLEASE VOTE HERE)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your TWO FAVORITE tracks

• She Said "Yeah"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hitch Hike

• That's How Strong My Love Is

• Gotta Get Away

• Talkin' 'Bout You

• Cry to Me

• Oh, Baby (We Got a Good Thing Going)

• The Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man

• I'm Free

• The Spider and the Fly

• One More Try

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Please: VOTE FOR YOUR TWO FAVORITE TRACKS

Well, after two days and 7 votes, two songs were clearly more popular than anything else on 12x5 / The Rolling Stones #2 so we've all decided to move on instead.

Now we arrive at an album with at least HALF the songs actually written by The Stones :hyper:. (Well...at least on the US edition of the album)

Since this is a Tier 3 album, the same policy as before will apply. Vote for your two favorites. If there is, again, a clear majority for two tracks, we'll move on to the next album. If there's any contention, we'll have a playoff round or two.

And, once again, for those playing at home, songs actually written by The Rolling Stones:

Gotta Get Away
Heart of Stone
The Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man
I'm Free
The Last Time
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
Play With Fire
The Spider and the Fly
One More Try

Also, I had initially intended to include the two leftover tracks from The Rolling Stones, Now! That have yet to show up on another album, but in the end, it just felt like it didn't belong here at all. If anyone feels very passionately about "Surprise Surprise" or their cover of "Little Red Rooster", let me know, we can take care of them at the end of the album rounds.

Please: VOTE FOR YOUR TWO FAVORITE TRACKS

Whichever mod fixed the mess I made here, you are my hero, thank you :bow:.

This is going to be really hard for me to pick two from. And, like with Between the Buttons, I can't believe how much better the US version of this is. "Play with Fire" is a top five favorite of mine. Never mind their, like, biggest hit.

Play with Fire is excellent, no doubt. Between The Last Time and Satisfaction, I give a slight nod to the former, on account of that frantic guitar solo and the vocal freak-out toward the end.

invalid poll link?

although no one seems to avatars today when i logged in on my computer, so what the fuck.

Play With Fire and The Last Time. The former is in particular a great, great song. Their first masterpiece in my book.

I forgot about how much I love Heart of Stone. And in general, as it turns out, both versions of the album are very solid. I'm super glad I listened to it. It'll be joining my Stones frequent listening rotation.
To be honest, I really loved I'm Free, too. I have no idea what to vote for.

invalid poll link?

although no one seems to avatars today when i logged in on my computer, so what the fuck.

I'm getting the same error.

If it continues to not let me vote, just manually count me: The Last Time and Play With Fire.

Error here as well. It's likely to do with the merging from earlier. Hopefully the mods can fix it.

I will say that there was clearly an update to the forum, because little things are different all over the place. Maybe that was messing up the poll.

The poll is working again. When Phanan and djerdap vote, The Last Time will have at least four votes and Play With Fire will have five. It would be cool if they both went through ahead of Satisfaction.

It would definitely lose to Unforgettable Fire here.

In the three-way vote for your least favorite number....

Satisfaction - djerdap, iron yuppie, LemonMelon (3)
The Last Time - BigMacPhisto, Diemen, Hewson (3)
Play With Fire -

Outstanding Voters - Janet H, iwasbored, PennyLanePHINS (3)

Just throwing this out there...we can often avoid having a finals round just by logically tallying up where votes would end up going in one. Those three "outstanding voters" could just state their preferences in this thread, perhaps.

Also, Phanan hasn't voted in the poll but clearly expressed the ones they would vote for in the thread...

Last edited:
I don't like the idea of skipping rounds because we think we know how people will vote.

I haven't voted yet, either and I won't be voting for The Last Time.

Yeah, and more people might be voting when there are less songs to be chosen from.

I only voted for one song of course. You can add a vote for Play With Fire as well.

Satisfaction is massively overrated. Classic*, yes. But OMG GrEAtEST song EVAR!1!!!,1! It is not.

*although for me it's the kind of classic I respect as a classic but could gladly go the rest of my life never hearing again

I had more of a reawakened listen to it, personally. I always mix it up with Start Me Up, and mentally think I don't like it, but it's actually totally a great song.

Haha, I actually like Start Me Up a fair amount. Satisfaction is one of the reasons it took me so long to warm to the Stones. I'm still not the biggest fan of their singles in general though. Get off My Cloud and Ruby Tuesday notwithstanding.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom