The Rolling Stones Survivor - Exile on Main St - Round 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your TWO LEAST favorites.

• Rocks Off

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rip This Joint

• Tumbling Dice

• Torn and Frayed

• Loving Cup

• Happy

• Let It Loose

• Shine a Light

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
THIS POLL IS ONLY 24 HOURS
Triple Elimination with two songs tied for first and me deciding that that means the song with 4 votes came in third.

Leaving us are: Sweet Black Angel, I Just Want to See His Face and Stop Breaking Down (you bastards!)

Others receiving votes: Shake Your Hips, Sweet Virginia, Ventilator Blues, All Down the Line

Please: VOTE FOR YOUR TWO LEAST FAVORITE SONGS
THIS POLL IS ONLY 24 HOURS

Once we get to where we have about 10 songs left, I'll change it back to Least favorite, but I may go ahead and stick to 24 hour polls. After this album, we will return to the regular "vote for you X favorite songs" 48 hour polls.

Triple Elimination with two songs tied for first and me deciding that that means the song with 4 votes came in third.

Fuzzy-Math_edited-1.jpg

All Down the Line.
Shake Your Hips.

Listened to Goats Head Soup today for the time in a long while, and that is a damn solid album. Not in league with the previous four, obviously, but there's still a lot to like there.

shit's getting real now. except that there's still sweet virginia. after that leaves, i have no idea what to do.

ok, i'll toss my other vote soul survivor's way, but i won't be happy about it.

shit's getting real now. except that there's still sweet virginia. after that leaves, i have no idea what to do.

ok, i'll toss my other vote soul survivor's way, but i won't be happy about it.

Two votes for Soul Survivor? The fuck is wrong with you people?

Shake Your Hips and Ventilator Blues need to go.

Oops, forgot to pick two. I picked Ventilator Blues. Would've picked Shake Your Hips for my 2nd.

Two votes for Soul Survivor? The fuck is wrong with you people?

Seems to me you've taken iYup's role for this album, voting from the beginning for a great, lost classic in the form of Ventilator Blues. Voting for All Down the Line in an attempt to save it.

Ah, the smiley reply. How ingenious.

It's actually a fan favourite (which could be said for about two thirds of this record though) so I have no idea where this incredulity comes from.

Do you ever get off this forum? I can't think of a single reply you've given me which took longer than two minutes. :lol:

Jesus Christ. A "thavidesco" edit? That's seriously pathetic.

Last edited:
You get so worked up over this board. :lol:

There's such a minute difference between the lower and middle tiers of this record that I don't feel it's worth arguing about what goes first or seventh. But I will say that I've never once seen Ventilator Blues referred to as a fan favorite until this exact moment.

You get so worked up over this board. :lol:

There's such a minute difference between the lower and middle tiers of this record that I don't feel it's worth arguing about what goes first or seventh. But I will say that I've never once seen Ventilator Blues referred to as a fan favorite until this exact moment.

Did you put enough edits or do you want to put another passive aggressive jab in there? Just checking. As far as worked up, this is pot calling the kettle black.

I can't seem to engage you in any level of discussion without you turning it personal first.

Even a fairly generic calling out of someone's opinion turns into a "do you live on the board or something? GET A LIFE" (hilarious coming from the guy F5ing to check for my edits) or, the "king of half-assed reviews" comment from the other day.

Take a deep breath. It'll be OK.

I can't seem to engage you in any level of discussion without you turning it personal first.

Even a fairly generic calling out of someone's opinion turns into a "do you live on the board or something? GET A LIFE" (hilarious coming from the guy F5ing to check for my edits) or, the "king of half-assed reviews" comment from the other day.

Take a deep breath. It'll be OK.

Fairly generic? It was a pretty cheap jab, obviously being the result of being extremely annoyed by the so-called "get a life" comment (it was far milder than that). If you were that worked up, I guess there is some truth to it. I'm hardly the first one noticing your "omnipresence" here, and there is at least one poster that was so annoyed by your condescension that he's left the forum.

I didn't check for your edits, I checked for replies. And I didn't call you "king of half-assed reviews" (I think the opposite is true as far as your reviews are concerned, it's the first listen reviews that fit that description), but you seem to be annoyed enough by that to still remember it.

So much for me always turning it personal. Yes, I can be guilty of this, but at least I'm being direct about it. I suggest taking this further to PM, but maybe it's for the best we avoid clashing when we disagree.

Fairly generic? It was a pretty cheap jab, obviously being the result of being extremely annoyed by the so-called "get a life" comment (it was far milder than that). If you were that worked up, I guess there is some truth to it. I'm hardly the first one noticing your "omnipresence" here, and there is at least one poster that was so annoyed by your condescension that he's left the forum.

I didn't check for your edits, I checked for replies. And I didn't call you "king of half-assed reviews" (I think the opposite is true as far as your reviews are concerned, it's the first listen reviews that fit that description), but you seem to be annoyed enough by that to still remember it.

So much for me always turning it personal. Yes, I can be guilty of this, but at least I'm being direct about it. I suggest taking this further to PM, but maybe it's for the best we avoid clashing when we disagree.

You compared my opinion to that of iYup's, who received a good ribbing in Sticky Fingers round 1. I compared your opinion to thavidesco because I found the "lost classic" comment so out of left field, for reasons I went on to note. It's a cheap jab, I guess, but not really any more or less so than yours. Either way, I wasn't making anything personal, just kidding around. I wasn't comparing YOU to one of the site's worst posters, just that one opinion. Certainly you can make the distinction there.

The "king of half-assed first listen reviews" comment did bother me at the time and I haven't said otherwise. It provoked a rather lengthy exchange.

If you're going to accuse me of passive aggressiveness, at least give me credit for directly calling you out when your abrasiveness is bothersome to me, as I just did. Anyone who wants my opinion on them can certainly have it, I just try to avoid that level of confrontation because life is short, after all.

And maybe that's a good reason to finally get the hell out of here. If I'm chasing multiple posters away, maybe the site would be more enjoyable without me around to bog it down. I save my time and others enjoy theirs without my hovering. I don't know, I'll think about it. It's not a decision I want to make at 2 AM like LMP did.

Last edited:
OK, it's completely silly that it's escalated to this point - I sincerely enjoy (most of ;)) your contributions to the forum. It would be a huge shame for you to leave.

We can all be asses when we see an opinion we don't like - I for one am the first in line to admit it. As far as LMP goes, I think his reaction was extremely over-the-top, so I'm not going so far as agreeing with him.

I think the two of us can learn how to respectfully disagree. I'm working on it as we speak.

I would very much like if we (starting with myself, because that's how compromise works) could live and let live on these disagreements in the future.

It's so funny that a discussion like this happened in the fucking Exile round when I specifically said I wasn't all that invested. This album is so solid that even the weak stuff is enjoyable and works on an atmospheric/performance level.

Yes, I listened to it yesterday. Enjoy it very much. Catchy, fun, feels like it's nestled into a great part of the album.

Just heard it on Wednesday. Fun rocker, love the slide guitar by Taylor.

Maybe my 9th or 10th favorite, but too early for it to go IMO.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom