The Rolling Stones Survivor - December's Children (And Everybody's)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your TWO FAVORITE tracks

• Look What You've Done

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blue Turns to Grey

• I'm Moving On (Live)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Please: VOTE FOR YOUR TWO FAVORITE TRACKS

For the sake of brevity and so that we can finally be done with these very confusing early albums, I've opted to just include the three songs from Out of Our Heads that received votes into the Tier 3 survivor. I did this for two reason: They're all popular tracks and I like to throw my weight around.

So, joining the Tier 3 semi-final will be: "The Last Time", "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" and "Play With Fire".

Now we move on to a US only album that still manages to be as messy as all the rest we've seen up to now. It's still going to get two tracks, but I only just realized how much of a cheat that is, since it's half comprised of songs from the UK version of Out of Our Heads.

So, as has been the norm now:

Please: VOTE FOR YOUR TWO FAVORITE TRACKS

Oh God, I didn't realize I knew "As Tears Go By". I LOOOOVVVEEEE this song.

Has Little Red Rooster turned up in these polls yet? Because that's one hell of a blues song.

No not yet. It got kinda left out during the overlap of those last four albums. I might just move it forward to save time.

Blue Turns to Grey was also quite nice, and I enjoyed the two live performances. This also has some of my favorite tracks from Out of Our Heads, so, again, I'm glad I listened to it, because it gave me yet another great Stones collection to add to the rotation.

I think you're probably right. I'm going to be out of town this week, too, so it might be best to get a new one going before I leave.

I'll start it in the morning.

No not yet. It got kinda left out during the overlap of those last four albums. I might just move it forward to save time.

We can have a non-album round or whatever...it will probably move on since virtually all of the major hits ended up on an album thanks to that whole US/UK nonsense. It's a great tune.

You can literally just open the next poll now as this one is a done deal...just let ones like this run out so people get a chance to vote, I guess. But we can save time and move on when two tracks clearly run away with it.

Oh for sure. I have no problem moving on to the next round, I just didn't want to start it when I got home from work, since it would be so late on the East Coast. I'll start it before I leave for my plane in the morning.

I just didn't want to start it when I got home from work, since it would be so late on the East Coast.

That don't mean shit to me!

:wink:

The Singer, Not the Song is also pretty good. I was considering whether I should put that or Get Off of My Cloud, but it's not like it would be a tie anyway.

So now I understand another Destroyer reference.

Also it's funny how opinions work. I listened to this album for the first time just now and voted without reading anything about it. And look how much my vote sticks out. I'm sure I would have voted for at least one of the two popular songs if I'd looked at the results beforehand. I almost voted for As Tears Go By though.

Back
Top Bottom