The 'Rave About Paul Simon thread'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
A wise man (about 10 minutes ago) described him to me as a great story teller. I dont think its possible to disagree with this.

What are your favourites? Homeless, Under African Skies and Diamonds On The Soles Of Her Shoes are about 3 of the best, plus everything else he has ever done.

Anyways, this is the Paul Simon Appreciatation Thread so rave here!

Paul Simon rules about as much as Angie does herself

just listen to a song like America and tell me this man isn't one of the best lyric writers ever

Graceland :up:

I think we need to do an exchange betty, on top of the 300 cd's I owe you and will definately burn very soon. Do you have the live one of some concert he did in (i think) new york? I can remember the name of it, but its not rare or anything.

Speaking of You Can Call Me Al, I watched one of those behind the artist type docos once on Paul Simon and the bit I saw was talking about how experimental he gets with his music and in this particular song, the drum section was recorded and finally dubbed on but played backward, hence the warpiness to it. I'm very curious as to how it comes across live actually, and there's no way you can avoid turning it up very loud! I admit it :D

Angela Harlem said:
Do you have the live one of some concert he did in (i think) new york? I can remember the name of it, but its not rare or anything.

that would be live in central park... a great show done by one of new york's finest, mr. paul simon

s&g still have without a shaddow of a doubt the greatest movie soundtrack ever recorded... the graduate. you're trying to seduce me mrs. robinson, aren't you?

TylerDurden said:
None of you can deny that secretly every time you are in the car and "You Can Call Me Al" comes on the radio, you turn it waaay way up.

Oh it's no secret.

:sexywink:

The guy's got a sense of humor :up:

cujo said:
Oh it's no secret.

:sexywink:

The guy's got a sense of humor :up:

Same here, you should not feel ashamed to turn up the volume when that song comes on. When that record was released I was 10 or so. I think that I had the same experience as many others with the video to that song. I thought that tall guy was Paul Simon and had no idea who that grumpy-looking guy with all the instruments was. :lol:

As for favourite songs, apart from much from the Graceland album I also like The Only Living Boy In New York (?), Me & Julio, 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover and Cecilia.

C ya!

Marty

Back
Top Bottom