The Pro Wrestling Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPryck2U

ONE love, blood, life
I figured I'd start a new thread here since the other wrestling thread was up to 498 posts.

Well, the big pro wrestling news this week was, of course, McMahon getting "blown up" inside of his limo. It's kind of funny that McMahon did this because I figured at some point in time he'd book himself to get killed on his show. I mean, he's pretty much done everything else, so this was inevitable and about time. It's about time because everyone is so sick of seeing McMahon's mug on WWE TV. Now the next step would be to figure out who could've done it to McMahon? The real question is: Who wouldn't want to do it? Everyone hates the guy, right? Well, stay tuned for Who blew up Vince?

It is a cheesy publicity stunt. but WWE is no stranger to those. Just look at Trump/McMahon or Billy and Chuck's "wedding" for examples of that. I think the storyline will eventually evolve into McMahon faking his death because he might not have been happy with everyone's opinions of him on his Mr McMahon Appreciation Night. I think that would be better than trying to figure out who "killed" him. Afterall, what are they going to do? Say to someone: "Hey, you killed McMahon! Now get in the ring and lets settle this once and for all in a wrestling match with some dopey stipulation!" That wouldn't work. Justice would allegedly have to be served and incarceration would have to follow if he were murdered, right?
No, I think now that WWE would have to go with the "McMahon faked his own death" storyline instead which would probably make him an even bigger heel. But, more importantly for now, McMahon is off of TV, so that's a good start.
Meanwhile, WWE had a draft on Raw this past Monday, but it was all ovewshadowed by McMahon's explosion. There will also be a supplemental draft on Sunday, so maybe more superstars will be moved around. Yippy!

This is an immature, idiotic, imbecilic, childish, egocentric and inexcusable story line. Most wrestling fans will know that Vince isn't really dead, but they're playing it off (even on their website) as legit.

It's not the first time, because they do this with injuries often, but this is totally unnecessary.

Sad news: WWE Hall of Famer, Sherri Martel has passed away at the age of 49. The cause of death is still unknown. Known in the WWF as Sensational Sherri, she managed Randy Savage and Ted Dibiase and others. In WCW she was most known as the longtime manager of multi WCW Tag Champs, Harlem Heat. Sherri was one of those ladies who could wrestle very well as well as manage.

it will be interesting to see the reaction whne Vince really is gone. the mark-out fans will saying like ''didnt he die a few years ago in a limo fire?''

this storyline is really odd and will be interesting to see where the WWE will take it.
its also funny how a 'spontanious' explosion was covered from every angle :lol:

Headache, do you live near the HQ?

I got the Brian Pillman DVD from Netflix, and coupled with the DX DVD and rewatching the Bret/Shawn Iron Man match. . . It's beyond impossible and never could have happened, but I was always a fan of the War Games WCW matches. I was just thinking about a mid-90s Kliq vs. Hart Foundation match. Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Triple H, and Sean Waltman vs. Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Davey Boy Smith, Brian Pillman, and Jim Neidhart could have been one for the ages. Hell, a Pillman/HBK feud could have gone amazing places, especially if Pillman's leg problems hadn't limited his repertoire so much.

It's really sad to think that Davey Boy, Owen, and Pillman were all taken so young. My friend Josh is a pro wrestler, we used to wrestle in my basement, went to school together from elementary through college. he's been busting his ass since he was 16 with wrestling training, and he does pretty well in indies from NC to NJ, and apparently has an upcoming tryout with Ring of Honor. His stuff is on youtube if you look up Brandon Day. He's really quite good. It just scares me sometimes considering the life expectancy of pro wrestlers. For every Ric Flair and Terry Funk, there are Hawk, Owen, Pillman, Rick Rude, Bulldog, Louis Spiccolli, etc. It's alarming.

Last edited:
It's admirable that your friend wants to be a pro wrestler, but it's a pretty tough industry. Good luck to your friend.

Well, last night WWE had yet another PPV with Vengence: Night of Champions, but nothing really eventful happened. One of the only items of note was that Johnny Nitro is now the new ECW Champ. Nitro replaced Chris Benoit (who missed the PPV at the last minute to attend to some family matters)as CM Punk's opponent and defeated him to capture the belt. Maybe guys like Nitro, Punk and Benoit can bring some meaning back to the ECW title. Especially after that Assclown McMahon held it.

Speaking of McMahon, tonight on Raw, there will be a Mr McMahon Memorial show. Yuck. I guess this means Steph is gonna come out and cry like a bad soap opera actress.

Now it's being reported that Benoit perhaps killed his wife and child and then himself. I think he might've discovered them dead and then killed himself. This is horrible.

FYI, there's a separate thread about this that had gotten moved here from Zoo Station.

http://forum.interference.com/t177664.html

I don't want to close it because there's already discussion there, and I also don't want to merge it here because I feel something like that is fine as its own thread. Feel free to either keep posting here or use that thread.

Well, I'm starting to think that WWE's World Heavyweight Championship is jinxed. Undertaker won the title at WrestleMania, but a month later was forced to drop it to Edge due to injury. Now at last night's Smackdown taping, Edge was forced to give up the title due to a pectoral tear. Edge will be out of action for four months. The title was vacated, a battle royal was held and Smackdown now has a new World Heavyweight Champion and his name is .... The Great Khali! Ugh. No need to worry. Khali will be facing Batista at the Great American Bash, so maybe his title reign will be short lived.

and he won.... in (for what I've read) an actually good match...

is judgment day :|

(see the wrestling reference?... judgement without an e? :wink: )

Yes, Khali won, but the overall PPV wasn't too good. The only title change was Hornswaggle winning the Cruiserweight title. Way to shit on that title, WWE!

Last night's Raw was better than Great American Bash. My condolences to those who parted with $40 to see it. Leave it to WWE to have a better show for free than something you'd pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom