The Pro Wrestling Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, he would have "humbled" Blair if not for "God, and Jesus, and Mr. Mcmahon"...

:lmao:

Yeah, Sheik's "shtick" is very disturbing to say the least. My favorite story about Sheik, of course, is when he and babyface Hacksaw Jim Duggan were busted together for pot back in the late 80's. McMahon used to give a shit about kayfabe back then, so having a "good" guy and a "bad" guy getting busted together really pissed him off. Ahh, kayfabe. The memories.

WWE Smackdown announcer, Tazz, has opted not to renew his contract with WWE when it expired yesterday, so he is gone from the company. That blows. Tazz was cool.

Last night was WM 25. It was a decent show. I've seen better, but I've seen worse. There weren't really any surprises. The show was paced badly. One of the best matches of the night wasn't even featured on the PPV. That would be the Tag Team Unification bout between The Colons and Miz/Morrison. The Colons are now the new Unified Tag Team Champions.

Here are some more results with some comments:

MITB- Winner- CM Punk
(This match was the usual spot fest, but unfortunately, there were a lot of blown spots. Shelton Benjamin almost killed MVP by powerbombing him out of the ring and onto Mark Henry and Tony Atlas. Henry and Atlas did their best to try and catch MVP, but his head still slammed against the ring barrier. Shelton is one strong dude. I was rooting for Christian or Punk to win, so I'm glad Punk got the victory.)

IC Title Match- JBL/Rey Rey- Winner and new IC Champ- Rey Rey
(This match was over in less than 30 seconds. JBL was so upset afterward that he quit. Looks like JBL is heading to Smackdown to join JR at the announce table)

25 Diva Battle Royal- Winner- Santina
(Before this "match" started, Kid Rock performed for what seemed like forever. There were no intros for this match as the divas came out while Kid Rock was performing his last song. We barely saw the returns of great divas like Sunny, Tori Wilson and Molly Holly. Santino dressed like a woman and at the end threw out both Beth Phoenix and Melina, thus winning the match. He then said he was Santina, Santino's twin sister and spent a few more minutes dancing in the ring. Much to the amusement of both Beth and Melina watching from outside the ring. Ugh.)

Chris Jericho/Legends- Winner- Jericho
(Thankfully, Piper and Snuka were eliminated early. Steamboat and Jericho had a great match with many near falls. After the match, Flair got involved and Jericho beat him up. Then Jericho challenged Mickey Rourke who was sitting in nearby ringside seats. Finally, Rourke made his way to the ring and the two exchanged punches with Mickey finally delivering a knockout combo to Jericho. Rourke, if you remember, was once a pro boxer.)

Extreme Rules Match- Hardy/Hardy- Winner- Matt
(Decent match with some crazy spots. Jeff climbed a tall ladder in the middle of the ring and attempted a leg drop, but Matt rolled out of the way at the last possible moment and Jeff landed with a huge thud. As a result, Matt was able to grab a chair and put Jeff's head in it and deliver a Twist of Fate with it, destroying Jeff's neck. Matt gets the pin afterward.)

Taker/Michaels- Winner- Taker
(Best match of the night! HBK and Taker both took some crazy leaps out on to the ringside floor and are lucky to be alive. HBK had many doubting that Taker's streak would continue. He kicked out of an insane Last Ride powerbomb by Taker and also Taker's first Tombstone. Taker also kicked out of a few HBK Superkicks. In the end, Taker finished Michaels with another Tombstone.)

World Title Triple Threat Match- Edge/Show/Cena- Winner and new World Champion, John Cena
(Decent match. Everyone worked hard. In the end, Cena FUed Show, then he FUed Edge onto Show. Edge bumped out of the ring and Cena covered Show for the victory.)

WWE Title Match- Orton/HHH- Winner and STILL WWE Champion, HHH
(These two have had better matches. Randy put up a good fight until towards the end. The ref got knocked out, so Orton went for a sledgehammer under the ring. Before Orton could use it, H punted Orton's head when he Orton got back into the ring. Then H nailed Orton with the hammer and nicely slid it under the ring apron without the ref seeing. Then he pummeled Orton with a series of punches to the head. Finally, H nailed the pedigree and covered Orton for the pinfall. Afterward, you would think that the rest of the McMahons would have come out to celebrate with the guy that just successfully defended the family honor, but that didin't happen. Instead we just get H posing for a minute with some fireworks and then the show ended.)

I watched it for the first time in over 10 years for free otherwise would not have watched.

Undertaker/Michaels match was a classic which embarrassed the rest of the card. Hell, Steamboat embarrassed most of the locker room at the age of 50+. I expect to be reading obituaries about one of the Hardys in less than 10 years with the way they have punished their bodies over the years. I thought UT broke his neck, it didn't look pretty. Sad that their best wrestlers are the ones closest to retirement.

The Kid Rock/Diva match fiasco pretty much clarified why I haven't watched wrestling in years. And for all the build up about the HHH match, it was a yawner. John Cena is the most boring wrestler since Hogan, not in regards of getting people cheering but in terms of moves and skill which is the part I liked.

For the 25th anniversary, it was overall a horrible PPV. But that's the state of wrestling in 2009.

I agree Taker/Michaels was a classic and more than likely will be regarded as one of the best matches in WrestleMania history. WrestleMania is supposed to be the best PPV of the year, but this one fell short of that. Taker's dive was insane. I don't know how he got up. The "cameraman" who was trying to catch him is rumored to be Jimmy Snuka's son, Sim Snuka. Taker's leap was just a little short and Sim wasn't able to stop his fall at all. HBK's leap from the top rope to the outside was crazy too. Taker pretty much just swatted at him as he too went crashing down to the ringside floor. I believe that actually happened before Taker's jump.
I thought the MITB match was the second best match of the night. I'm glad Punk won and it was good seeing Christian back on a WWE PPV. Shelton was awesome too. His dive off the ladder down to the floor was sicker than Taker's. I think he landed on either Kofi or MVP or both.
I'm a Jericho fan so I liked seeing him win, but Mickey's air punch sucked and it took him forever to get in the ring.

If you saw the PPV for free, then I guess you got your money's worth. :wink:

I'm a Jericho fan so I liked seeing him win, but Mickey's air punch sucked and it took him forever to get in the ring.

If you saw the PPV for free, then I guess you got your money's worth. :wink:

Yeah, Rourke's participation was awful.

And yes I did.:D

Ric Flair's son, Reid, has been having some trouble with the law the last few years. A few days ago, he got busted for having heroin. Wonder what Natch thinks of all this.

Backlash was this past Sunday. From what I read it was very good. All 3 WWE world titles changed hands. Christian defeated Jack Swagger to become the new ECW Champ. Randy Orton pinned HHH to become the new WWE Champ. Edge KO'd John Cena (with a lot of help from The Big Show) to become the new World Champ. I think its great that Edge and Christian are world champs at the same time. Randy pinning H cleanly for the title was the only way to go in their feud.

It's been a while since I last posted about wrestling because wrestling has sucked for the last few months. But, in the wrestling world a lot of stuff can happen in 2 months. Like, officially and for a while now, Raw is WWE's WORST show. The storylines make no sense and there's very little continuity. Right now, Smackdown is WWE's best show followed by ECW and even WWE Superstars.

Smackdown has CM Punk as their champion. ECW's is Tommy Dreamer and Raw is stuck with Orton again as their champion.

Last week McMahon "sold" Raw to Donald Trump. This week "Trump" is bringing us a commercial free Raw. So, tonight, for the first time ever, Raw will be without commercial interruption. Here's hoping it doesn't suck.

Sometimes it seems like I only post stuff when a wrestler either dies, fails a drug test or is arrested. Well this time its an arrest.

Former WWE and World Heavyweight Champion Jeff Hardy was arrested for having a shit load of prescription drugs at his house. Mostly Vicodin and Soma. And also for possessing drug paraphanalia. Jeff has already been released on bail by a man who was not his brother Matt Hardy. Jeff has proclaimed his innocence on these charges.

Jeff Hardy recently left WWE on good terms so he could re-charge, refresh and work on other projects.

Bottom Line: If these charges pan out, Jeff is fucked.

To do what?

Offically Shane hasn't stated. He's just stated that he will be leaving WWE in January 2010. His wife Marissa does own her own film company (Kamala Films) so I suppose anything is possible. Plus, Linda McMahon recently stepped away from WWE to run for senate, so maybe that had an effect.

Now we're down to Vince, Steph and H running WWE.

Never been a fan wrestling 'til last night, took my youngest son to Nottingham, Trent FM Arena to see The Undertakers Rest In Peace tour, & to my astonishment I really enjoyed the whole show, 3.5 hours of brilliant entertainment, great stuff!!!!!

Who else saw Survivor Series? Pretty boring, hein?

The only things that made me laugh and mark out were Jericho's imitation of The Undertaker and the Sweet Chin Music from HBK to HHH. That was awesome :lol: :rockon:

You didn't miss much :huh:

I know. That's why I just read the report after 11pm. Survivor Series especially is a PPV I haven't watched since the Montreal Screwjob in 1997. Plus, there were no surprises. I knew Taker and Cena would win. I am very happy though that Kofi Kingston is getting pushed.

As for H and HBK's antics, guess we'll find out tonight on Raw the fate of DX.

The pro wrestling world has lost another: Eddie Fatu (AKA Umaga) has passed away at the age of 36. Initial reports were that he was rushed to the hospital and labeled in "grave condition". Now, he has passed away today. I haven't heard the cause of death yet. Very sad news. I enjoyed Umaga's matches in WWE.

RIP Eddie Fatu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom