The Pro Wrestling Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That awful actress is former WWE Champion, Eddie Guerrero's widow Vicki. She's pretty tough to look at. She's currently involved in a storyline with World Champ, Edge. They are supposed to be lovers. Yuck. Honestly, I don't remember how she became GM of Smackdown.

I like Davey Boy's son, Harry Smith. For whatever reason, WWE is calling him DH Smith. Right now he's jobbing, but hopefully they'll start moving him up the card.

I'm really not a big fan of Ric Flair or Shawn Michaels. I probably hate Flair worse than HBK, but this should be an interesting match, though. Flair is 59 years old, so he should be looking up at the lights when all is said and done against Michaels.

I wouldn't even waste our time explaining the whole Vince/Hornswaggle storyline. It's easily one of the worst storylines in years and that's saying alot because this is pro wrestling we're talking about.

I prefer Raw over Smackdown too, but both shows could be better if WWE gave more of a shit.

I'll be ordering WM, because there is nothing like watching it live.

MrPryck2U said:

I'll be ordering WM, because there is nothing like watching it live.

You're spot on there :up:

I find it amazing how someone like Flair can, not just keep in shape - but actually be bothered to keep in shape and wanna come out and wrestle every now and then. He obviously doesnt need to. Fairplay to him. I haven't seen him in a match for sometime now, but I hope he's more active in the ring than Hogan is when he does his cameos.

Yeah it definitely sucks about Jeff being suspended. WWE was really pushing him up the card. He came damn close to getting the WWE title around his waist. Now that chance is completely gone. If Jeff doesn't choose to go to rehab, he'll probably never return to WWE.

The segment between Show and Mayweather was cool. Show was gold on the mic.

Financial troubles have made it so that Ric Flair still needs to wrestle and draw an income. Flair is broke. That's why at 59 years old, he's still wrestling. Not because he loves wrestling so much.

MrPryck2U said:

Financial troubles have made it so that Ric Flair still needs to wrestle and draw an income. Flair is broke. That's why at 59 years old, he's still wrestling. Not because he loves wrestling so much.

Ah right. Well that make sense now for sure.

Wrestlemania's being plugged here in London a lot. Much more than i've ever noticed before. Huge posters everywhere, not just the ads on tv. :up:

MrPryck2U said:
Bad news:

Jeff Hardy has been suspended for 60 days for violating WWE's wellness program.

More bad news - Hardy's house burned to the ground a few days ago.

waynetravis said:

More bad news - Hardy's house burned to the ground a few days ago.

Yeah i heard about that, his dog was inside to when it happened. :(

LastEdgeOnEarth said:
"The Psychotic One" will make perhaps the greatest comeback in the history of professional sports before the end of 2008.

Mark my words.

He's coming...

Who is the Psychotic One?

Please don't say Sid.

MrPryck2U said:

Yikes, I was hoping you wouldn't say him.

WrestleMania is in 4 days! Yeah baby!

Dude, Sid is without question...the 3rd or 4TH BIGGEST DRAW of ALL-TIME! That's saying something

And who thinks he might show up in the HBK/Flair match??? That would rock seeing Shawn's old crazy bodyguard comeback to Powerbomb old man Flair into RETIREMENT!

LastEdgeOnEarth said:

Dude, Sid is without question...the 3rd or 4TH BIGGEST DRAW of ALL-TIME! That's saying something

And who thinks he might show up in the HBK/Flair match??? That would rock seeing Shawn's old crazy bodyguard comeback to Powerbomb old man Flair into RETIREMENT!

Keep dreamin'!

Sid couldn't draw flies.

MrPryck2U said:

Keep dreamin'!

Sid couldn't draw flies.

Every company he's ever wrestled for...without even a push....he winds up main-eventing because the fans love him!

He's like the Jeff George of wrestling. Sure he's got a lousy attitude and has alienated more promoters than he'd probably care to admit, but yet from the promoters to the fans, everyone has always been totally enamored with the guy.

Just his look, and he pops the entire arena. And he's been doing it since 1989 everytime he walks out.

Only Hogan and Flair can say they've done it longer.

Sid sucks...

I'm so rooting for a Flair upset and win... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I want to watch that match live... I want to cry to it :sad:

Decided to stay up and go round a mates to watch it live. Couldnt resist. Gonna be knackered for work on Monday but nevermind.

I'm rooting for Shawn but wouldnt be suprised to see a win for Flair. Sid showing up would be a nice touch!

Someone posted this on another forum:

JR Drinking game:-

Take a drink each time JR says the following,

'a heartbeat away'
'as God is my witness'
'barbecue sauce'
'bowling shoe ugly'
'building some momentum'
'business is about to pick up'
'busted wide open'
'case of the limber tail'
'catch-as-catch-can'
'combustible elements'
'cheap shot'
'damn near broken in half'
'folks'
'global extravaganza'
'good God Almighty'
'government mule'
'hellacious'
'jezebel'
'scalded dog'
'shades of the late/great'
'sick / sickening'
'slobberknocker'
'sure as hell'
'they learn to fall? how do you learn to fall off a 15 foot ladder?!'
'vertical base'
'we thank you once again for welcoming us into your home'
'what, tonight?!
'you're damn right'

:lol:

Finally, WrestleMania is here! I don't know what's gonna happen tonight, but I sure as Hell don't expect to see Psycho Sid there.

ORTON WINS!!!!!!!

hell yeah

FUCK YOU, JOHN CENA!!!!!!! :happy:

a more fun is the Cole drinking game...

VINTAGE UNDERTAKER!!!

let me say... a final salute to the GREAT, Ric Flair... :sad:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

LIF%20SPCL%20RIC%20FLAIR%20WWE.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back