The Pro Wrestling Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MrPryck2U said:
Well, here's kind of an answer for you:

Randy has been suspended on numerous occasions, but steroids weren't the reason. One reason he was suspended in the past was because he got busted for smoking a joint in the backstage area. Another reason he was suspended in the past, was because he sexually harassed one of the WWE Divas. And finally, Randy was suspended more recently for trashing a hotel room while WWE was touring Europe several months ago.

Now, Randy has never been jacked like Batista, Bobby Lashley or Chris Masters, but I'm sure at one point, his physique was a little bigger. Now that WWE has been more strongly enforcing their Wellness Program, I couldn't see Randy getting suspended for steroids, but anything can happen in WWE. Lol! Let's just say that Randy has been given countless chances to keep his shit together.

The next WWE PPV is Armageddon and Randy takes on Y2J for the WWE title. I'm really hoping WWE does something cool and puts the title on Y2J. But, as we've seen in the past, WWE doesn't always like to do cool things.

I hope I was able to provide you with some useful information.

Thanks! :up:

Tonight, WWE Raw celebrates its 15th anniversary with a special 3 hour edition of Raw that starts at 8pm on USA here in the States. Hogan, Stone Cold, Bischoff and Mick Foley are booked to appear as well as former WWE Divas Lita, Trish Stratus and finally, Sunny! I'm really looking foward to seeing Sunny. Should be an entertaining show!

I'm back to report that last night's Raw 15th Anniversary show was awesome! WWE delivered a show that entertained from start to finish. It was great to see a lot of old faces return to WWE's flagship show for one night. Plus, WWE finally pulled the plug on a storyline that's been brewing for years. The "real" relationship between Stephanie and HHH. Yup, Steph pissed off her dad and planted a solid smooch on HHH right in the middle of the ring and walked off. You could almost say last night's show was all about The Game because he was everywhere last night. First, he disrupted the McMahon family portait, then he reunited with Evolution. Well, almost. Randy Orton didn't join in and instead had Edge and Umaga join him in a 6 Man tag against HHH, Ric Flair and Batista which ended in a DQ victory for Evolution. Then, towards the end of the show, HHH came to the aid of HBK, prompting a brief DX photo-op as well a quick chance to hawk some new DX merch. So many other cool things happened on the show that I'll probably forget to mention them, but here are some of the highlights:
-Hulk Hogan showed up to bail Hornswaggle out of trouble from The Great Khali. He got on the mic afterwards and thanked WWE and the fans for everything. It was a good segment for the Hulkster who, of course, posed with little Horny in the ring afterwards. He also teased a possible showdown with Macho Man Randy Savage in the future. (WM 24 anyone?)
-RVD showed up unexpectedly and made quick work of Santino Marella with the 5 Star. It's always great to see RVD.
-Sunny showed up and she looked pretty good for a lady who has had her weight flucuate in the last few years. Her boobs are way bigger now then when she was in the WWF back in the late 90's.
-Mick Foley showed up as Mankind and exacted some revenge on McMahon for his wrongful termination last year. Nothing like some Mr Socko.
-Next it was Taker's turn with McMahon. This time Vince felt the power of The Phenom's chokeslam.
-And of course, no Raw is complete without Stone Cold showing up to humiliate McMahon with a stunner and some Steveweisers. Seems like Mick, Taker and Stone Cold all had a huge problem with McMahon proclaiming himself to be the greatest Raw superstar ever and showed Vince how they felt. Then Stone Cold got on the mic and said it was the fans in the arena and watching at home who are the greatest Raw superstars of all time. And with that he invited everyone in the back to come out and toast all of the fans.
This was easily the best Raw in years. 2007 hasn't been a good year for WWE, but this show was the highlight of the entire year. For once I have nothing to complain about. For once, in a long time, it was a great night to be a wrestling fan.

Shoot, I also forgot to mention the great ladder match between IC Champ Jeff Hardy and Carlito. Great stuff! Even though Carlito lost, he had one helluva match with Jeff.

Armageddon was last night and the only 2 outcomes that standout to me are as follows:
Edge is the new World Heavyweight Champion after pinning Batista in a triple threat match with The Undertaker.

Jeff Hardy defeated HHH cleanly and earned a title shot at Royal Rumble as a result.

Oh yeah, Orton vs Y2J ended in a DQ win for Y2J when fuckin JBL interfered. Yuck. Fuckin' JBL, he sucks.

MrPryck2U said:

Oh yeah, Orton vs Y2J ended in a DQ win for Y2J when fuckin JBL interfered. Yuck. Fuckin' JBL, he sucks.

But the promo the two cut on Raw the next night was incendiary. This could be a good feud.

HOLY SHIT

JOHN CENA WINS THE ROYAL RUMBLE!!!!!!

:faint:

the WWE really trick us all!!!

PS: for those who don't know. he got injured in October, and was given like 6-8 months... so at best he was going to return in April... until this

Yeah, that was quite a surprise that Cena returned. He was supposed to be returning in a few more months. Gee, wonder what title he'll choose to go after?
Hint: It's on Raw.

tha't basically the set up since last year...

for RAW is more interesting... specially since a House show in March is being advertised as Randy Orton vs Jeff Hardy for the WWE Championship... Randy the champ, there

I just want that Jeff Hardy wins the Money In The Bank and cashes in right away in Wrestlemania, so no matter what, no matter who wins (HHH or Cena or Orton), Jeff Hardy walks out WWE Champ

and Matt US Champ

I'd love for Jeff to win the WWE title. I'm just not sure when he'll be able to do it.

And I could definitely see Matt winning the US title at WM against MVP.

Yes, I was glad to see Jeff get a clean victory over HBK.

I'm no HBK fan, but I'll give the guy credit for longevity. Even though he's in his early 40's, a win over HBK is still impressive.

If WWE gave a shit, Jeff Hardy will be the new WWE Champion at WM 24.

I hope Jeff wins the EC match at NWO and goes on to to challenge Randy Orton at WM.

Cena's OK, but I hope he loses to Orton at NWO so Jeff can beat Orton at WM. A victory over Orton would be sweeter, because Randy is such a douchebag.

I miss not having skytv at my place anymore over here in London...means i'm completely out of touch with the WWE these days. I did hear that Cena won the RR though. Who's he gonna fight at Wrestlemania?

We don't know who Cena is fighting at WrestleMania yet. This Sunday, he's taking on WWE Champion Randy Orton for the title at the No Way Out PPV.

If you want to keep up with the latest news in pro wrestling, try www.pwinsider.com

mark my words

Wrestlemania XXIV

MITB = Jeff Hardy (winner)
WWE Title = Randy Orton vs John Cena vs HHH

whoever wins the title.. it doesn't matter... Jeff Hardy cashes in right away and wins the WWE Title

JEFF HARDY WALKS AWAY WWE CHAMPION OUT OF WRESTLEMANIA

pepokiss said:
mark my words

Wrestlemania XXIV

MITB = Jeff Hardy (winner)
WWE Title = Randy Orton vs John Cena vs HHH

whoever wins the title.. it doesn't matter... Jeff Hardy cashes in right away and wins the WWE Title

JEFF HARDY WALKS AWAY WWE CHAMPION OUT OF WRESTLEMANIA

Well, we can already mark down Orton vs HHH vs Cena.

Jeff has qualified for Money in the Bank, so there's a good chance he'll win it. I'm not sure if he'll cash it in at WM though.

I wonder if HBK finally turns heel and takes on Flair at WM. HBK announced on Raw that Flair's going into the WWE HOF.

Anything's possible. I wouldn't mind seeing Jeff win the belt at WM. It would be good to have some new blood associated with the WWE Championship.

Orton sucks as a champ. I can understand playing the "cowardly heel", but he does the whole gimmick where he doesn't like to look people in the eye. You're a wrestler. You gotta have some balls. You gotta at least look your rival in the eye. When HHH used to play the cowardly heel, he'd at least look his rival in the eye. Plus, Orton delivers the most wooden promos.

Cena's cool, but was the champ for a while. I'll take him over Orton, though. .

HHH hasn't had the belt in a while (we won't count when he won the belt for 2 hours at No Mercy 2007), so it wouldn't be so bad if he won. Once again, better than Orton winning.

Back to Jeff Hardy. We need a few big What Ifs at WM 24:

-He's gotta win MITB (which he very well might)
-He's gotta cash in his MITB that night (if he does, his odds of winning will be less because he'll be facing three other guys as opposed to your standard one-on-one match)
-And, of course, he's gotta win

If all of that stuff happens, WM 24 would easily be one of the coolest fuckin WrestleManias ever!
That would be one of the ulitmate WrestleMania moments.

One final note: Gotta mention the Taker getting the win in the SD EC match and earning himself a shot at the World title at WM 24 versus Edge. Look for the Taker to advance his WM undefeated streak to 16-0 and also become the new World Heavyweight Champion. Because there is one sure thing at WM: Taker never, ever loses.

Cheers guys. Checked out both sites along with another a mate told me about - prowrestling.com

I've been indulging in a huge WWE fix lately, spent a few quid (far too much!) on dvd's of the 90's Wrestlemania's, Summerslam's, RR's and Survivor Series - the era when I was growing up and couldnt get enough of it! Fantastic to watch some of the old bouts. Bret and Bulldog at Wembley - forgot how superb that really was! Hitman was a truly excellent wrestler :up: Actually it was after the Montreal Screwjob that I drifted away from following wrestling as much, tho I did tune in a good few times in the early 00's.

I'm moving pretty soon to another gaff in London and intend to get skytv again and start tuning in, so can you guys give me a quick rundown of who's who on Raw and Smackdown right now? And who's got what title?

Cheers!:wink:

Raw- Randy Orton is the WWE Champ. He'll be taking on HHH and Cena for the title at WM 24.
- IC Champion, Jeff Hardy, Kennedy, Carlito, CM Punk, Chris Jericho, MVP and some other dudes are going to be in the Money in the Bank match. The winner gets a shot at a major WWE title. I would like to see Jeff win and cash in his money in the bank after the WWE Triple Threat title match.
Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly are the Raw World Tag Team Champions.
Beth Phoenix is the WWE Womens Champion.
As for the rest of Raw, who cares? WWE sure doesn't.

Smackdown- Edge is the World Heavyweight Champion. He'll be taking on the Undertaker for the title in a standard one-on-one match-up. Taker is 15-0 at WM. Taker is WM! Taker wins, of course and is the World Champ again.
MVP is the US Champ.
The Miz and John Morrison are the Smackdown WWE Tag Team Champions.

ECW-Chavo Guerruero is the ECW Champion. Former ECW Champ, CM Punk is the number one contender. Stay tuned. Oh yeah, Punk is in the MITB match, so who knows what WWE will do with that feud. I'm pretty sure that even WWE doesn't have a clue.

So here's the Bottom Line:

WWE only cares about the WWE and the World titles and in that order.
They don't care about about the IC, US, Womens, ECW or the Tag Team belts. None of those titles will be defended on WWE's biggest show of the year. Kind of shows you how they feel about those belts. Hell, they flat-out vacated the Cruiseweight title altogether. The last guy to hold it was Hornswaggle the midget. Good gravy.
It's funny, WWE cares about their merchandise, but they don't care about their product. Go figure. With the way WM is being slapped together, I'm not really sure if I'd plunk down 55 US dollars on the show.

Anyone planning on ordering WrestleMania this year?

^Cheers for all the info :up:

I watched the most recent Raw and Smackdown shows on youtube last night so i've caught up pretty quickly. Wtf is this Hornswaggle/Vince storyline?!:huh: Mind you, I guess they have had worse. Regal looks a lot different to when I last saw him - what god awful hair! Good to see Davey Boy Smith's kid in the ring, even if he did get hammered by that samoan geezer.

After watching both shows I felt like I did a few years ago - I prefered Raw to Smackdown. Dunno why. Maybe just having JR and Lawler commentating is the key.

Flair v Michaels should be good, though I doubt i'll pay for it on the night. I'm sure it will surface on youtube in no time at all.

That woman on Smackdown who's pretending to be with Edge, who is she and how did she become GM?:scratch: She's an awful 'actress'!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom