The Postal Service

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
maybe i should have posted this in Zoo Confessionals . . . i LOVE the Postal Service! their music is so damn tight, even though the lyrics are pretty lame. the guy's voice is great, and i love all the electronic stuff going on. it's pretty cool.

Postal Service is like a super band which is when the best of three awesome bands make one really awesome band

Death Cab + Rilo Kiley + DNTL = Postal Service

the lyrics aren't lame their just really cheery and light-hearted, they fit the music

example -
And then last night i had that strange dream
Where everything was exactly how it seemed
Where concerns about the world getting warmer
The people thought they were just being rewarded
For treating others as they like to be treated
For obeying stop signs and curing diseases
For mailing letters with the address of the sender
Now we can swim any day in november

Give Up is one of my favorite start-to-finish records. The Postal Service is absolutely fantastic.

I like the album. Gets a bit meandering at points, but it gets some leeway for being a side project.

i just got the latest Death Cab fro Cutie album -- i like it too!

i heard a Death Cab song on the radio last night and i thought it was Postal Service

one4u2 said:
I thought you were talking about our mail system :lol: :reject:

:laugh:

I love The Postal Service too. My favourite song by them is "Such Great Heights," it's incredible.

it's hardly a guilty pleasure for me, I think they are quite spiffy :D

Such Great Heights, for me, is terrible...plus, listen to code4 by 'Polysics' and it sounds like TPS have ripped them off...! :eyebrow:

i think that "the district sleeps alone tonight" may be one of the best songs i've ever heard. other than that, i've never heard anything of theirs, i hate them just on the basis of what i've read. that's me being close-minded. thanks to pax and her ICDE cd, though, i'll probably end up going and buying whatever album it is i need to own as soon as i've got the spare cash.

blahblahblah said:
Such Great Heights, for me, is terrible...plus, listen to code4 by 'Polysics' and it sounds like TPS have ripped them off...! :eyebrow:

Sure it sounds a little similar.. but in the end they are quite different songs and good in their own right on their own merits.

At least SGH doesn't have those annoying processed vocals ;)

Give Up is a solid record.

I really like them and I actually think the lyrics are pretty great.

originally posted by IWasBored
i think that "the district sleeps alone tonight" may be one of the best songs i've ever heard.

:up:
I love this line: and i am finally seeing why i was the one worth leaving

blahblahblah said:
listen to code4 by 'Polysics' and it sounds like TPS have ripped them off...! :eyebrow:

Hmmm, I can see what you mean about that. I'm not sure it's really a case of one band ripping the other off though. I like both those bands anyway. I've been listening to The Postal Service quite a lot the last few weeks. :up:

In my opinion it's one of those rare records that's more or less has "modern classic" written all over it. One of those kind of albums that was successful not only in the indie world but also got some mainstream attention. Extremely solid and enjoyable album, nothing to be embarrassed about in any way.

How many of us are Death Cab fans now because of The Postal Service??

u2popmofo said:

:raiseshand:

I haven't heard as much of Death Cab but what I have heard sounds just like Postal Service. :shrug:

joyfulgirl said:

:raiseshand:

I haven't heard as much of Death Cab but what I have heard sounds just like Postal Service. :shrug:

:shame: you haven't listened to enough death cab then.

i will say that i have the distinct pleasure of having owned both the photo album and transatlanticism before the postal service was released. :happy: maybe i am an indie-hipster afterall. eh, who the hell am i kidding...

:rockon: nickelback :rockon:

u2popmofo said:
In my opinion it's one of those rare records that's more or less has "modern classic" written all over it. One of those kind of albums that was successful not only in the indie world but also got some mainstream attention. Extremely solid and enjoyable album, nothing to be embarrassed about in any way.

*raises hand* :D

Se7en said:

:shame: you haven't listened to enough death cab then.

I had a feeling that would be the response, lol. I've only heard a few songs.

u2popmofo said:

:wave:

Joyful, you should really pick up Transatlanticism by DCFC. It's a wonderful album, and it's the first Death Cab album I bought after learning about Ben Gibbard via the Postal Service. Now I've got three Death Cab albums and am eagerly awaiting the release of the newest one this month. I think Ben Gibbard has one of the best voices in music right now. Great lyricist as well.

Back
Top Bottom