The political 4400, more insightful than Heroes, link inside

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My Myspace friend, the great Jaqui McKenzie (who acts beautifully and subtly as Diana Skouris) encouraged fans to sign the petition:

"Please can you take some extra time to save this!?
In answer to some of your questions- YES, petitions can definitely work to bring back television shows! Sometimes another network see's the petition and decides to champion the cause!
Here's the other petition:
http://www.savethe4400.com/
Whatever we can do, right!?
Thanks so much for your support and kind words!
Lets get our show back up and into production!
xx
JM"

Also, the 4th season is recommencing on Canada's Space at 10pm Eastern today and 2pm tomorrow (Thursday) with "The Wrath of Graham."

Muldfeld said:
"The Wrath of Graham."

000395_43.jpg

Ah, Graham, you're still alive... old friend.

When does the new season of LMP:SUV start?

I hear it takes place in the not-too-distant future and will also be airing on Sci-Fi Channel.

suzuki_basecamp_s.jpg

I just wanna thank anyone who's helped spread the word about the petition. The rate of increase for signatures was around 200/day when it started in late December. At the end of last week, it started to grow to 400 per day -- a 2-fold increase! Maybe Jackie McKenzie adding her support to the cause helped. I think non-fanatics getting back to their lives helped, too, and they've just been finding out.

By the way, Lemon MacPhisto, I dig the "Big Lebowski" references. Great movie, except for those psychedelic scenes; I've always hated those. Everything else is golden!

You know, I tried to convince my thespian buddies to check out The 4400 and Galactica because of their political insightfulness and for some reason, they didn't listen to me.

Philistines.

"The time is now!"

The seed campaign is under way for the shipment to be sent out today, January 28th, but another is set to go out on February 4th.

Go to:
http://giantseeds.com/sasuse1ozbag.html
You can use paypal; make sure your credit card info is up to date.
Shipping is free.

Ship to Bonnie Hammer
USA Network
30 Rockefeller Plaza
21st Floor
New York NY 10112
US United States
212-413-5577

In the case of the site, I had problems when I input "21st Floor" on the 2nd address line, so you might need to put it in the first.
Ex: "30 Rockefeller Plaza, 21st Floor"

Check the "gift" option.
Via USPS Ground

Also, there's a message section to attach a note to your order saying you can have up to 200 characters, but I couldn't put in more than about 100.

After that, print out the petition that will be available starting Feb 1st on http://www.savethe4400.com and send it with your letter to the same address (addressed to President Bonnie Hammer). We can do this!

Last edited:
You've got CNN's attention

WAHPETON, North Dakota (AP) -- A sunflower seed company in the middle of the frozen prairie is trying to help fans save "The 4400," a science fiction show axed last month by USA Network.
Sunflower seeds

Fans of the show are protesting the cancellation by sending network executives sunflower seeds, the favorite snack of a character named Dr. Kevin Burkhoff. Many are Giants Sunflower Seeds, manufactured by a Wahpeton-based company with eight employees.

"We thought they were loony tunes at first," said Jay Schuler, head of Giants Snacks LLC, which makes Giants Seeds. "But it has been a wonderful thing."

About 1,700 bags had been ordered from Giants by the end of the business day Thursday, the day before the campaign's official launch, said Tom Schuler, who handles Internet sales for Giants Seeds.

"It's kind of cool to see all these loyal fans," said Tom Schuler, who has been including notes from fans with most orders. "It's a little crazy, but I feel good about it."

Kristin Schulman, a spokeswoman for USA Network, said the network had no one available Thursday to comment on "The 4400" campaign.

The campaign is modeled after one waged by fans of the CBS show "Jericho," which the network agreed to continue after it was deluged with calls, messages and about 50,000 pounds of peanuts. The peanuts stemmed from a line by one of the characters.

One of the organizers of the protest, June Terrell, said she picked Giants Seeds after an online search. She considered the company a good luck charm because its corporate offices are based in Minnesota, where "4400" lead actor Joel Gretsch was born.

The company that worked on the peanut campaign declined to get involved because "they were still recovering from 'Jericho,' " said Terrell, of Memphis, Tennessee.

Giants Seeds started in 1995, when the company sold 70,000 bags of seeds in just one state, North Dakota. The seeds are now available in 36 states. Giants sold 4.9 million bags last year.

Many overseas fans are ordering from Giants over the Internet to avoid shipping hassles. The company said it has received inquiries from the Netherlands, Israel, Venezuela, Australia and South Africa, among other countries.

"Normally we don't do international orders, but we opened it for this," Tom Schuler said.

"The 4400" tells the story of 4,400 people who were abducted at various times but returned at the same time in the foothills of Mount Rainier. They have not aged since their abduction and remember nothing about the time they were gone.

Fans are at least hoping for "closure to a magnificent tale of what could be reality on some level," said Sandy Williams, 60, of Dardanelle, Arkansas.

"Honestly and simply, the story made me think beyond just entertainment like so many shows seen on television today," Williams said. "It caused me to pause and examine my values, from religious to political to personal."

Dee Henke, 57, of Santa Cruz, California, said she bought several bags of sunflower seeds "and will be ordering more if necessary" when she gets paid next week.

"Living on $935 per month in California is hard ... but this is worth it," Henke said.

source: http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/TV/02/01/save.the4400.ap/index.html?eref=rss_latest

Thanks for posting that, unico. That was music to my ears, uh, eyes...art to my eyes...oh, never mind. :)

http://www.savethe4400.net/

Please help us reach 22,000 signatures by the end of the month, and then print a pre-written letter and petition to send off after April 1st to President of USA, Bonnie Hammer.

Also, consider sending some nuts. I've sent 2 shipments of $30 worth.

Back
Top Bottom