The Police Tour '07 - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I'm kind of in a tight spot. The original press release mentioned a concert in Columbus, and nothing about Cleveland. Now here we have a Cleveland show coming up with no word of Columbus yet. Cleveland is 3 hour drive, Columbus is 1 hour from me. But I don't want to miss them. Should I just go ahead and buy Cleveland tickets, or hold out to see if anything happens in Columbus?

The_acrobat said:
Well I'm kind of in a tight spot. The original press release mentioned a concert in Columbus, and nothing about Cleveland. Now here we have a Cleveland show coming up with no word of Columbus yet. Cleveland is 3 hour drive, Columbus is 1 hour from me. But I don't want to miss them. Should I just go ahead and buy Cleveland tickets, or hold out to see if anything happens in Columbus?

I would just go ahead and buy them. If Columbus comes up later, you won't have to worry about selling your tickets.

I'm not sure how many seats they can get on the field at Hersheypark Stadium. A few Dave Matthews Band concerts back when I was in college broke attendance records at around 29,000 I think. I'm really surprised they got a show considering that area is only about an hour and a half from Philadelphia. If the Baltimore-Washington area gets a show, that will also be only about two hours away.

U2FanPeter said:
The two upcoming Vancouver shows about equals all of the groups shows in town. Here's ticket stubs for their 3 biggest Vancouver shows:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10052914@N00/404582757/?rotated=1&cb=1172583202170

1981 - $9 with XTC
1982 - $14.50
1983 - $19 with Thompson Twins

As for comparing the Police/U2 in the NYC area, I'm curious what the Rolling Stones did on Bigger Bang. While Billy Joel and Springsteen have "homefield advantage" I'm sure their recent appearances in the NYC area(BS&ESB stadium shows in 2003) top the import acts.

u2fp

Um, those Vancouver shows are not co-headlining shows, XTC and Thompson Twins were opening the show.

Billy Joel is close to U2's Vertigo figure, but I believe U2's is still ahead.

Bruce Springsteen is in his own world, but thats what can happen when your one of the most popular artist in the world and essentially have the biggest city in the World as your hometown.

The Boss did two arena shows in 2002, then came back and did 10 shows at Giants Stadium and 3 Shows at Shea Stadium. Just for the stadium shows total attendance was over 700,000 back in 2003. Ticket prices were lower though.

The most any other single artist has done in the New York City area is four stadium shows. U2, Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, have all done 4 stadium shows in the New York City area on one tour.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I'm not sure how many seats they can get on the field at Hersheypark Stadium. A few Dave Matthews Band concerts back when I was in college broke attendance records at around 29,000 I think. I'm really surprised they got a show considering that area is only about an hour and a half from Philadelphia. If the Baltimore-Washington area gets a show, that will also be only about two hours away.

The most people that Dave Matthews have played to at Hershey Park is 31,000 according to figures reported by Amusement Business and posted and printed on Billboard.com and Billboard magazine in their boxscore charts.

N'Sync appears to probably have the attendance record for Hershey Park Stadium as they did two shows there to a little over 63,000 people with the total capacity of both shows combined being 66,000.

Seating Capacity for The Police show will be dependent on how many people they allow on the field as the website for Hershey says there is only stadium seating for 16,000 people in the stands. So, seating capacity will be anywhere in between 25,000 or 33,000 depending on what the the fire code laws are and how many tickets the promoter would like to put on sale.

STING2 said:

The most people that Dave Matthews have played to at Hershey Park is 31,000 according to figures reported by Amusement Business and posted and printed on Billboard.com and Billboard magazine in their boxscore charts.

N'Sync appears to probably have the attendance record for Hershey Park Stadium as they did two shows there to a little over 63,000 people with the total capacity of both shows combined being 66,000.

Seating Capacity for The Police show will be dependent on how many people they allow on the field as the website for Hershey says there is only stadium seating for 16,000 people in the stands. So, seating capacity will be anywhere in between 25,000 or 33,000 depending on what the the fire code laws are and how many tickets the promoter would like to put on sale.

I remember that for a few years in a row DMB outdid their own record. I grew up in that area and used to work for a newspaper a few towns away while I was in college, and they'd let me cover concerts as a reward for all the crap work they usually made me do. I think they tried to get me to cover those N'Sync shows :huh:

It's not a bad venue for a stadium--I saw a bunch of shows there while in high school and college. Around here, that venue is probably best known as the location of the Zoo TV Outside Broadcast rehearsals.

U2FanPeter said:
The two upcoming Vancouver shows about equals all of the groups shows in town. Here's ticket stubs for their 3 biggest Vancouver shows:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10052914@N00/404582757/?rotated=1&cb=1172583202170

1981 - $9 with XTC
1982 - $14.50
1983 - $19 with Thompson Twins

As for comparing the Police/U2 in the NYC area, I'm curious what the Rolling Stones did on Bigger Bang. While Billy Joel and Springsteen have "homefield advantage" I'm sure their recent appearances in the NYC area(BS&ESB stadium shows in 2003) top the import acts.

u2fp

On the first leg of the Rolling Stones A Bigger Bang tour, they played one show at Giants Stadium and one show at Madison Square Garden, September 2005.

They came back to New York City in January 2006 and did two shows at Madison Square Garden. In February that did one show at Radio City Music Hall. The RCMH has a capacity of about 6,000.

In September of 2006, they returned to New York City and did 1 show at Giants Stadium, a year after the first show they did there. That second show at Giants Stadium had a reduced capacity and soldout at 48,000 tickets. Later that month they did two shows at the Beacon Theater which seats about 3,000 people per show.

So spread out over a period lasting more than a year, they did 2 Stadium shows, 3 Arena shows, and 3 theater shows in the New York City area.

Yay! just got tix for the Cleveland show thru the Best Buy pre-sale. Thanks for all the info everyone!
We got section 123 row 7 (side of stage, almost behind, but not quite). These were the $200 tix. Couldn't resist! As long as there isn't a big speaker or screen there we should be in a good spot!? :up:

Lila64 said:
care to share your section number? :sexywink:
And congrats!

I don't remember exactly, the tickets are on my roomate's computer. I think it was 104 or 108. They are right in the center in the $100 section.

Well, the BB presale here in Dallas sucked wind.

I'm so pissed off. It's almost like they didn't have any $90 seats to sell even though it was one of the choices.

And too, this fucking pop up for "Do you want to display secure and nonsecure items?" Well, HELL YES! But the damn thing kept asking me over and over and over again till it kicked me out. I've never in my life had this while it searching for tickets on TM. Has anyone else had this problem? Or is it just me?

Also, my friend here got shut out as well. I don't know if anyone got any BB tickets for the Dallas show.

Allegra said:
Well, the BB presale here in Dallas sucked wind.

I'm so pissed off. It's almost like they didn't have any $90 seats to sell even though it was one of the choices.

And too, this fucking pop up for "Do you want to display secure and nonsecure items?" Well, HELL YES! But the damn thing kept asking me over and over and over again till it kicked me out. I've never in my life had this while it searching for tickets on TM. Has anyone else had this problem? Or is it just me?

Also, my friend here got shut out as well. I don't know if anyone got any BB tickets for the Dallas show.

My Boss tried also and didn't get any, he tried for $90 and $225, tried for 1 or 2, started to look at 10 sharp and was never offered anything.

Lila64 said:
How much were your tickets? Are you on the field?

$95.00 Not on the floor but the field base line...so that first level of seats.
I'm glad that fan club code paid off for me! Can't wait!!!!! :rockon:

I also had trouble with the ticketmaster "secure " pop up. For the general sale I tried to get two more and I got tired of it asking so I made the mistake of clicking No and froze the page.
I eventually got my two tickets but I did become frustrated and blew a chance at better seats for my friends

kellyahern said:
Miami on July 10th? Crap, I'm going to the beach that week. I wonder how long the drive is from Ft. Myers to Miami?

Tampa where are you?

Maybe I should just go to Vegas :lol:

It's not far at all. What stadium? Pro player....that's a lot of people!

Outsider said:
I also had trouble with the ticketmaster "secure " pop up. For the general sale I tried to get two more and I got tired of it asking so I made the mistake of clicking No and froze the page.
I eventually got my two tickets but I did become frustrated and blew a chance at better seats for my friends

Did you use Internet Explorer 7? That's what I've got.

I'm still shaking my head. The general sale for the Hawaii show back in August wasn't this hard and I got GA with no problem. And I just purchased Rod Stewart tickets last month and never got it either.

I know I could have gotten in if that damn thing wasn't in my way.

Are there any tech people in here that can explain this and help me get rid of it for next time?

Allegra said:

Did you use Internet Explorer 7? That's what I've got.

I'm still shaking my head. The general sale for the Hawaii show back in August wasn't this hard and I got GA with no problem. And I just purchased Rod Stewart tickets last month and never got it either.

I know I could have gotten in if that damn thing wasn't in my way.

Are there any tech people in here that can explain this and help me get rid of it for next time?

I'm not sure you would have gotten anything regardless of this. Do you know anyone that got Dallas tickets? I haven't found anyone.

ramblin rose said:

My Boss tried also and didn't get any, he tried for $90 and $225, tried for 1 or 2, started to look at 10 sharp and was never offered anything.

Actually, most of the folks over on the Police board trying for Dallas didn't get any either. Those who did get through most were those $225 seats anyway. Only one person with one ticket got a $90 seat, but couldn't go back in to get more. I only wanted 2 $90 tickets. I guess that was too much to ask.

I'm thinking seriously of upgrading my membership there. I don't want to, but I really am afraid what's going to happen here on General day this Saturday.

Allegra - I had that "secure" thing continuously pop up as well. It was annoying, but I just kept clicking yes. Don't recall it happening on previous ticket sales before. Hope you guys in Texas can get your tickets :hug:

Back
Top Bottom