The Police Tour '07 - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So far only one show in Montreal actually which is surprising given how fast it has soldout, as well as how slow the site distributing tickets was. There is space on the 26th for a concert in Montreal, but as of right now, they have not added anything yet which seems unusual.

thetitans2k said:
are they still planning to add more shows in more cities?

Yep, this is a full scale world tour, but the details of when they shows will be added has not been released yet.

STING2 said:

I can't get through that site to check, but I was under the impression that the 2nd Montreal show is already on sale and probably soldout or close to it.

Vancouver tickets went so quickly, but they may wait to see how Seattle sales, before adding a second show there.

Plus, if demand is unusually strong in Vancouver, there is a small chance for a show at the GM Place instead of a second show at General Motors. Also, there may be a conflict with Hockey for the second show at General Motors.

All 4 Canadian shows are now completely sold out. I can only see the added Toronto show.

Sting, that last paragraph is not quite there. There would be room to add a 2nd Vancouver show on either the 29th or the 30th, leaving space for the Canucks Hockey Playoff fantasies.

They may also return in October or just wait to see how Seattle and Edmonton sells. I'm a little surprised there is no Calgary, since the city has deeper pockets.

u2fp

2nd shows in Vancouver AND Montreal are now added. 30 May in Vancouver, and 26 July in Montreal. I don't think ANY shows are going to have a hard time selling out, A LOT of people been waiting for this tour for a long time. In addition to the cities/shows already announced, a press release on ticketmaster.com said shows are being planned for

Chicago
Columbus, OH
Detroit
Edmonton
Hartford, CT
Houston
Los Angeles
Miami
Tampa
Philadelphia
San Francisco
Minneapolis/St. Paul area
Washington D.C.

There's that big gap there in early July, so I'm guessing they'll add a few more shows. I may go down to Philadelphia to check them out if a date gets added there. The last outdoor show I saw in Philly was Popmart :wink:

BonoIsMyMuse said:
There's that big gap there in early July, so I'm guessing they'll add a few more shows. I may go down to Philadelphia to check them out if a date gets added there. The last outdoor show I saw in Philly was Popmart :wink:

The last time The Police played Philadephia was on August 20, 1983 at the massive 90,000 capacity JFK Stadium, just two days after playing Shea Stadium in New York.

The_acrobat said:
2nd shows in Vancouver AND Montreal are now added. 30 May in Vancouver, and 26 July in Montreal. I don't think ANY shows are going to have a hard time selling out, A LOT of people been waiting for this tour for a long time. In addition to the cities/shows already announced, a press release on ticketmaster.com said shows are being planned for

Chicago
Columbus, OH
Detroit
Edmonton
Hartford, CT
Houston
Los Angeles
Miami
Tampa
Philadelphia
San Francisco
Minneapolis/St. Paul area
Washington D.C.

Do you have a link for that press release on Ticket Master because I can't seem to find it on their site?

A second Vancouver show eh :hmm:

I just checked what the auction prices were like for the Vancouver show....

Floor, Row 2 CA $560.00
Floor, Row 3 CA $530.00
Floor, Row 4 CA $510.00
Floor, Row 5 CA $450.00

I'm feeling pretty good about my Row 12 seats that I believe are on the Sting side of the stage :D

Row 12, wow!! You got good seats, $225 ones right? Out of my price range unless up close. I hate the auction concept. I expect in the near future, concerts will only be for the elite unless it is GA or an outdoor festival.

TM only offered me row 42 on the floor, $225 bucks to sit a building away from the stage, no thanks.

trevster2k said:
Row 12, wow!! You got good seats, $225 ones right? Out of my price range unless up close. I hate the auction concept. I expect in the near future, concerts will only be for the elite unless it is GA or an outdoor festival.

TM only offered me row 42 on the floor, $225 bucks to sit a building away from the stage, no thanks.

I got mine with the BestBuy presale on Wednesday :up:

The total price for my pair of tickets: $479

Good for you fah!! I am thankful that a person like me who lives in buttf**k nowhere does get a chance to get tickets for concerts far far away though.

I couldn't believe how many pre-sales they had for this show, I was surprised that there wasn't a GM employee pre-sale too. :lol: All I know is the Police might make more money than the Stones and U2 combined during this one tour.:wink:

I will be looking down at you from behind the stage section 302 row 8. I will be holding the handkerchief for my nosebleed.:wink:

trevster2k said:

I agree, row 12 would probably be worth it, but row 42, when some people in the stands might actually be physically closer than you for only $90 dollars is not a good deal. Thats the difficulty with these higher priced tickets. They are nearly 3 times the price of the mid-priced tickets, and you don't want to get stuck buying expensive tickets that are only a 3 or 4 rows better than a $90 dollar ticket.

3rd Toronto show was just added:

Wait scratch that; thats not new there are 2 shows. Says that was just added...

got 2 singles in the $95 range for the second Fenway show..they're not that far apart from each other (just one section and a few rows apart), so I guess I'm keeping them.
I wonder if the second show will be much different from the first?

Ifeelnumb84 said:

I wonder if the second show will be much different from the first?

Unfortunately, the setlists will probably be the same if you use Sting's solo tours as an example. Sting is great for offering different arrangements of songs compared to their recorded version, but while on tour, he rarely makes changes in setlists and the changes that do occur are not a night to night change. He usually changes a song or 2 on different legs of the same tour or eliminates songs to make a shorter show as a tour goes along. I do hope though that on this Police tour they do alter setlists by at least a couple songs when playing 2 or more nights in the same city.

There are still fan club tickets available for the second Boston show, several on the field. Given the uncertainty of how fast both shows will sell on Tuesday, it would be wise to go ahead and get tickets through the fan club.

STING2 said:

Wow, tickets must be really selling fast if they are already adding a second Boston show before tickets go on sale to the general public for the first one. This might mean that almost all of the first Fenway Park show tickets were sold through the fan club meaning those that have decided to wait for the general on sale to the public will be unlikely to get tickets for the first show.

I've heard there are still plenty of fan club tickets available in Canada.
Fenway is always 2 shows for the selected artist, there was never a question about if there would be a 2nd show. They wouldn't have signed the Cops up to play if they didn't think they could sell 2 shows.

Oh just noticed that $ting, $tewart and Mr. $ummers will have "Hot Seat Packages" as well:

Hot Seat Packages:
Start:Tue, 02/20/07 10:00 AM EST
End:Sat, 07/28/07 03:00 PM EDT

Wonder what they'll cost?
My guess is $450

I'm trying to look at Fenway, too. So far I've crashed and had a 2 minute wait that went up to 8 and crashed again, and currently I'm at "15 minutes or more." While I've wanted to see a show at Fenway, I think I may just hold off and see if a Philadelphia date gets added, or else just wait until the fall.

phanan said:
Tried the Gold Hot Seat Package and Field C3 came up.

$375 for that ticket, plus a "merchandising" item.

Yeah, right...
Man, does $ting bend you over for that "hot seat package"...C3 for $375...that makes the $tones look philanthropic with the way they price tickets.

Halup said:

Unfortunately, the setlists will probably be the same if you use Sting's solo tours as an example. Sting is great for offering different arrangements of songs compared to their recorded version, but while on tour, he rarely makes changes in setlists and the changes that do occur are not a night to night change. He usually changes a song or 2 on different legs of the same tour or eliminates songs to make a shorter show as a tour goes along. I do hope though that on this Police tour they do alter setlists by at least a couple songs when playing 2 or more nights in the same city.

Were they locked into fixed setlists 23-30 years ago?

Hewson said:
Fenway is always 2 shows for the selected artist, there was never a question about if there would be a 2nd show. They wouldn't have signed the Cops up to play if they didn't think they could sell 2 shows.

True, but they only announced a single Police show at first.

Back
Top Bottom