The Police reuniting for tour in '07 ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG Y'ALL!!!!

I just got this from a person over in Zootopia...

I just got an a-mail from Best Buy. They're apparently sponsoring the tour. They sent a list of planned cities (with a "subject to change" disclaimer):

Boston, MA
New York, NY

Chicago, IL
Columbus, OH
Dallas, TX
Denver, CO
Detroit, MI
Hartford, CT
Las Vegas, NV
Los Angeles, CA
Miami, FL
Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
New York, NY
New Orleans, LA
Phoenix, AZ
St. Louis, MO
San Jose/Oakland, CA
Seattle, WA
Tampa, FL
Washington, D.C./Baltimore, MD

DALLAS!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Allegra said:

I'm afraid your assumption might be correct :sexywink:
I'm sure there are many U2 fans who are not Police fans.

I'm lukewarm to the reunion.
I like the early Police music...so-so on the later stuff.
However at over $200 for a good Police seat, my ass will be attending the Van Halen reunion shows and thoroughly enjoying watching a master (EVH) at work and leave the overpriced Police tickets at a piss-poor concert venue (Fenway) for the rest of the masses.

Hewson said:
I'm sure there are many U2 fans who are not Police fans.

I'm lukewarm to the reunion.
I like the early Police music...so-so on the later stuff.
However at over $200 for a good Police seat, my ass will be attending the Van Halen reunion shows and thoroughly enjoying watching a master (EVH) at work and leave the overpriced Police tickets at a piss-poor concert venue (Fenway) for the rest of the masses.

Well, if the prices are indeed upwards of $200 or so, I'd have to skip it myself.

I guess it depends where you are located for a show at Fenway. I saw Springsteen there from the field and it was amazing, to say the least.

Updates on locations...

FYI, these are the dates Best Buy listed so far:

New York City, NY 08/01/07 Madison Square Garden
New York City, NY 08/03/07 Madison Square Garden
Boston, MA 07/28/07 Fenway Park
Seattle, WA 06/06/07 Key Arena
Denver, CO 06/09/07 Pepsi Center
San Jose / Oakland, CA
Phoenix, AZ 06/18/07 US Airways
Los Angeles / Anaheim, CA
Miami / Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Las Vegas, NV 06/15/07 MGM Grand
Dallas, TX 06/26/07 American Airlines
Tampa, FL
Columbus, OH
Detroit, MI
Minneapolis / St. Paul, MN
Hartford, CT
New Orleans, LA 06/30/07 Arena
St. Louis, MO 07/01/07 Scottrade Center
Washington, DC
Chicago, IL

And more news...

In what is destined to be an historic run, the Police will embark on their first tour in 23 years, beginning May 28 at the GM Arena in Vancouver, Billboard.com can exclusively reveal. As part of a tour that will play arenas and stadiums internationally through the end of the year, the band will also headline the June 16 date of the Bonnaroo festival in Manchester, Tenn.

As expected, the tour will be produced worldwide by the Next Adventure in association with RZO Entertainment, under the direction of Arthur Fogel, president of TNA and chairman of global music for TNA parent Live Nation. Further details of the tour will be announced today (Feb. 12) during a press conference at the Whisky a Go Go in West Hollywood, Calif.

The announcement comes in the wake of the Police's dynamic performance of "Roxanne" last night to open the Grammy Awards on CBS. "Ladies and gentlemen, we are the Police and we're back," Sting shouted as the group kicked into the song.

Talk of a Police 30th anniversary tour has been rampant in the previous weeks. Sources close to the tour exclusively tell Billboard.com that the plan is for the Police to tour North America through the first week of August, then play the U.K. and Europe, returning to North America in late October.

The rest of the world will follow, including Mexico, South America, Japan and possibly Australia and New Zealand through the end of the year. About 80 shows are currently on the books, including 24 cities in North America. There also is the possibility that the Police will play several stadiums both in the U.S. and abroad, but as of now Fenway Park in Boston is the only confirmed stadium date. No festivals other than Bonnaroo are currently planned.

Best Buy is the North American sponsor of the tour. Tickets will be scaled primarily at $225, $90 and $50. Tickets for Vancouver, Toronto (July 22) and Montreal (July 25) will go on sale Feb. 17. Other markets, including Boston and New York (Aug. 1 and 3), will go on sale Feb. 20. Ticketmaster will orchestrate a pre-sale through a newly created Police tour website a few days prior to the general public onsales. It is highly likely that the Police will be the top-grossing tour of 2007.

Police to kick off reunion tour in Vancouver

Last Updated: Monday, February 12, 2007 | 1:25 PM ET
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation - Arts

The Police reunion tour will begin May 28 in Vancouver and include at least two other Canadian dates, according to a report in Billboard magazine. Band members plan to play Toronto July 21 and Montreal July 25 as part of a world tour of arenas and stadiums.

The band is also expected to play the Bonnaroo Festival in Tennessee and have dates in Chicago, Boston, Mexico, South America and Japan.

The plan is to tour North America through the first week of August, then play the U.K. and Europe, returning to North America in late October, Billboard reported.

phanan said:

Well, if the prices are indeed upwards of $200 or so, I'd have to skip it myself.

I guess it depends where you are located for a show at Fenway. I saw Springsteen there from the field and it was amazing, to say the least.
The only place at Fenway to witness a show is on the field, but you need to be in one of only a few field sections as well. A2, A3, A4, A5, B3 or B4 based on how they were numbered for the $tone$. (the numbering was different for Bruce, but in essence either the 4 middle of 6 front field sections or the 2 middle of 6 second tier field sections).

Everything else, and yes I mean everything else at Fenway sucks for a concert. There is no good stadium seat for a concert there.

I saw Bruce from the field (I think it was section 9, second section back, 3rd row dead center...good seat) and the $tone$ from the 3rd base area of the field (thankfully gratis), and those were too far away.

ETA:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/seatingchart/8839/15479

If this is the Cops' set up for this year, only A3, A4 and A5 will be worthwhile.

Last edited:
Hewson said:
The only place at Fenway to witness a show is on the field, but you need to be in one of only a few field sections as well. A2, A3, A4, A5, B3 or B4 based on how they were numbered for the $tone$. (the numbering was different for Bruce, but in essence either the 4 middle of 6 front field sections or the 2 middle of 6 second tier field sections).

Everything else, and yes I mean everything else at Fenway sucks for a concert. There is no good stadium seat for a concert there.

I saw Bruce from the field (I think it was section 9, second section back, 3rd row dead center...good seat) and the $tone$ from the 3rd base area of the field (thankfully gratis), and those were too far away.

ETA:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/seatingchart/8839/15479

If this is the Cops' set up for this year, only A3, A4 and A5 will be worthwhile.

Yeah, I was pretty much where A3 is for Bruce.

phanan said:
This webcast is cool.

Yes, it is! Really good at bringing things to people not there.

They are not sounding too bad so far, if Andy can finish relearning his guitar parts :wink:, this will be excellent! :D

Oakland CA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drool: And San Jose!!!!!!!!!!!!:drool:

Live feed is done.

From ticketmaster:

Beginning Wednesday 2/14 at 12:00pm, you can purchase tickets before the general public by ordering The Police Tour Fan Club Membership during the presale as part of your ticket purchase transaction, which will cost another $100 USD ($120 CDN).
In approximately 10 business days, The Police Tour Fan Club will send you an email so that you can then activate your membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom