The Pixies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squid

The Fly
Bow down to the Pixies. They own you.

What should I get after Doolittle? I love the whole album (well, maybe not Silver, but it will probably grow on me). Plus, Debaser rocks my socks off. I am un chien andalusia.

Woof!

I just bought Doolittle recently myself.

I'm planning on buying all of their albums once I get some cash.

Fantastic stuff.

well the pixies are great and you should indeed one day own all albums. but if you want advice where to go next: definitely bossanova. then you can go down the same road as i. my first pixies album was also doolittle followed by bossanova. minor difference be that i own both albums from the year they were first released.

to this day doolittle is still my favorite pixies album and bossanova second. they are a bit like twin albums. what came before was very promising, unique even, and very rough. what came after was a bit overdone (don't worry i still love all their albums!!!). the twin albums are the ones where everything falls into place: the pixies at their peak - great songs, great production and the ultimate distinctive pixies sound. best track on bossanova: the happening. (best track on doolittle: no. 13 baby)

buy it, you won't be disappointed. coincidentally i listened to bossanova twice the past week and it still sounds refreshing.

These guys created "real alternative" music. Amazing, incredible, wonderful. Buy them all (after you get surfer rosa)

Back
Top Bottom