The "Oh My God, Why Didn't I Discover Them Sooner" Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FitzChivalry said:

Jarvis is playing Coachella this year. Part of his tour behind his solo album he released late last year. I don't know where you live Xavi, but if you're anywhere near Southern California on April 27th, might be worth the admission price.

I wish :sad: :sad:

FitzChivalry said:

Don't be too upset. I sampled his solo album on British iTunes and I can't say it was all that. Pulp was much, much better.

Though this will probably be my only chance to ever see the Man in person.

I don't know. I'm still undecided.

go see him:up:..he is so awesome:heart:

Anyway I loved his solo album

Baby's Coming Back to Me:drool:
Tonite:drool: :drool:

I am so glad to discover so much love for Pulp and Radiohead. i always loved Pulp, Common people is urban hymn and they are brilliant. Radiohead---i always liked them, but recently i went crazy for their music. I remember some time ago someone has metioned Universal from Blur. It is really wonderful song, just like Bitter-sweet symphony. Well, 90s glory. Great 90s. also:Garbage, P.J.Harvey, Bjork, Stone Roses, Beck, list goes on...love them all.

Beck--- took me till '05

Radiohead--- wasn't into them until early '06, but luckily in time for their most recent tour

REM- all I had was the greatest hits til last week...Monster is awesome:drool:

Muse, mid last year. I'd known OF them for a while, but last year they really just pulled me in. SO so brilliant, especially after seeing them live!

Also:

LIVE
XTC
The Damned
:up:

m_f37abbb0a424895e176955c55ce1e320.jpg

Oh My Freakin' God!!!

I'm in LOVE! :heart: :heart:

:drool: :combust: :rockon: :drool:

I can't believe I never got into these guys before! I freakin' love them now (thanks to the "Where Should I Start" thread and a lot of suggestions from SadPunk :D ).

I've listened to everything except "Meds", that's next. But I went in order (Placebo, Without You I'm Nothing, Black Market Music, Sleeping With Ghosts) and I love every album, and the progression is just amazing!

I just heard Sleeping With Ghosts last night, so that one still has to sink in a bit more . . . but "Special Needs" . . . OMG! :rockon:

I'm so late to this party, but I'm so glad I eventually arrived!!!

:D

phillyfan26 said:
Ask me in a year or so. After becoming completely about U2, I need to find some more music. 2007 is the year of the phillyfan breaking out. Stay tuned.

:cute:

David Bowie
John Frusciante
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Explosions in the Sky
Streetlight Manifesto

Super Furry Animals

Just got into them, and I'm scratching my head why it took me so long.

yep.

Loudermilk. I only got to see them twice before they broke up in 2003. One of the best hard rock acts out there. Um, The Beatles. Radiohead (I got into them at Kid A). Muse (got into them at Absolution). Pearl Jam (got into them around the release of Lost Dogs). Starflyer 59 (got into them around 2002). Sunny Day Real Estate (got into them the year they broke up).

Bob Dylan has won me over recently. :drool: So has Willie Nelson. :up: Country and folk music can be really awesome.

Oh, and Pulp still kicks copious amounts of ass, BTW. :drool: I wish to someday copulate to Different Class. :combust:

Super Furry Animals

Took me years, as I didn't get into them until early 2006. Two years later, and they're still one of my ten favorite bands of all time. I listen to them constantly, and have already spun Hey Venus! from back to front over thirty times.

The Clientele

I simply didn't like SFA all that much, but I for some reason straight-up didn't like The Clientele...until last year's jaw-droppingly great God Save The Clientele came out and forced me to reevaluate their back catalog. It's all great stuff, as it turns out!

McLusky

I should've known (what with their being Welsh, and all) that they'd rock, but it wasn't until some advice from this very board that I finally gave them a serious listen and, big surprise, fucking loved them. God, what a great band--particularly McLusky Do Dallas. Fantastic stuff.

KC Accidental

Holy fuck, were these guys great! Wow! I don't know why it took so long, but it did, and their two EPs pretty much dominated the last four months of my musically joyous 2007.

Beck

Though his music has been nigh-unlistenable (with the occasional wondrous exception) for over five years, now, the dude's still another one of my ten favorite artists of all time. I didn't actually start enjoying him until Sea Change came out and forced to ask the question, "Is the guy actually [this] bad?" as I had for some reason, at that point, hated him since 1993--almost a decade of pure hatred!!! Unreal, right? Well, as it turns out, I was entirely wrong about his output, up until Sea Change. Dude used to be where the fuck it was at, no doubt.

Amy Millan's Honey From the Tombs

Boy, did I hate this record when it first came out, a while back. I got it for nothing, just to say that I had it, last March, and wound up loving it more than life, itself. Jesus, what a deep record!

The Jesus and Mary Chain's Psychocandy

This is one towards which I was simply "meh" for about ten years. Last summer, though, it just opened up and finally made a lot more sense. A spectacular record, and a hell of a lot better than The Magnetic Fields's latest misguided effort at approximating it, Distortion.

Also, a lot of people were talking about Pulp, earlier--well, I'd have to agree, as far as their singles go. I still think that their albums are beyond insufferable, but holy fucking shit, if "Disco 2000" isn't one of the best songs ever written, then I don't know what is.

Oh, and I honestly thought that Ghostface was an overrated MC, until Fishscale came out. No shit. Sad, isn't it?

For the longest time I couldn't get into My Bloody Valentine. Boy, when it finally kicked in I felt fucking terrific. I'd gotten into other Shoegaze bands earlier, so there wasn't really a novelty listening to Loveless for the first time. Now it's definitely one of my favourite albums, along with Isn't Anything.

Fitz: I feel like I've done a good deed. :D

Back
Top Bottom