The Official Premiership Thread 06/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoomerang96 said:
so all of a sudden hargreaves is worth 30 million, when prior to the WC, he wasn't deemed good enough to be on the english side by most english media and fans?

that's messed up.

carrick + hargreaves = 30mill

The Observer:

Wayne Rooney has issued an extraordinary warning to the FA that he will reduce his role with the England team unless they review their three-match ban imposed for his latest sending-off.

In an unprecedented move, the Manchester United striker has told the FA that he will stop co-operating with their money-making activities around the England team - such as personal appearances for sponsors - unless they rethink the suspension handed down last week for the red card he received for violent conduct in a pre-season friendly.

Can't say I blame him, but doubt it will have any effect, surely the ban couldn't have anything to do with "fatty barwick" being an ex season ticket holder at anfield? or once again is that me being cynical?

In a separate move, Gill has written to Barwick contesting Rooney's ban. Gill claims that it is inconsistent to punish Rooney when neither Liverpool's Neil Mellor, who was sent off against Galatasaray in the Amsterdam tournament in 2003, nor Sheffield United's Ade Akinbiyi, who was sent off against Sparta Rotterdam in the Netherlands the day after Rooney, received any ban. Gill wants the FA to show consistency and withdraw the three-match suspension. Paul Scholes, who was also sent off against Porto, received the same ban as Rooney.

Doesn't give much ammunition for the ABU brigade in their ridiculous claim the fa always favour UNITED in any decisions they make does it?

AFTER A SO-FAR FRUITLESS SEARCH

By Ed Sunday 20th August 2006

Is Ferguson trying to convince himself?

"Louis is a fantastic player.

"He has pace, power, has two good feet and is good in the air; everything you could look for in a striker. Last season he did not start playing until November yet still finished with 15 goals. Given a full season he will definitely score more than 20, I've no doubt about that

That from latest RED ISSUE, I think you can take it from that, SAF isn't planning on buying another striker. But I think its a big mistake pinning too much faith in Balsa Boy staying injury free for too long.

Predictions:

1. Chelski
2. Liverpool
3. Man USA
4. Spuds (despite crap start yesterday)

Edit: I've managed to find some software that allows you to stream video of live matches online. Might be the stuff you folks who don't have access to matches might be looking for...anyone interested? Quality's pretty good, it stutters here and there though.

Last edited:
well, after today, it doesn't look like manyoo is gonna ever lose again. what a thrashing.

great game for chelsea too. what's up with terry?? another goal?

he could be the next rio ferdinand :sexywink:

jimmmm said:
AFTER A SO-FAR FRUITLESS SEARCH

By Ed Sunday 20th August 2006

Is Ferguson trying to convince himself?

"Louis is a fantastic player.

"He has pace, power, has two good feet and is good in the air; everything you could look for in a striker. Last season he did not start playing until November yet still finished with 15 goals. Given a full season he will definitely score more than 20, I've no doubt about that

That from latest RED ISSUE, I think you can take it from that, SAF isn't planning on buying another striker. But I think its a big mistake pinning too much faith in Balsa Boy staying injury free for too long.

that's the bed fergie made for himself last year when he continously played him instead of ruud towards the end of the season.

yertle-the-turtle said:
Predictions:

1. Chelski
2. Liverpool
3. Man USA
4. Spuds (despite crap start yesterday)

Edit: I've managed to find some software that allows you to stream video of live matches online. Might be the stuff you folks who don't have access to matches might be looking for...anyone interested? Quality's pretty good, it stutters here and there though.

pass it on! though we have quite a few options for watching the games here in canada.

http://www.asiaplate.com/live.today.htm

tvants is the one I use, although I suppose the rest of it works as well. Just download the software, and then click on the appropriate link (the first one ESPN Chinese took me to the same Asian feed I get with my cable TV, and despite the name just about everything was in English apart from the score display and one or two commercials).

That said you'll probably need broadband and I haven't fully checked it against any dodgy spyware or whatever so be warned.

shouldnt be suprised that unnited thrashed fulham , fulham are fav's to go down.

who plays on wednesday ?

yertle-the-turtle said:
http://www.asiaplate.com/live.today.htm

tvants is the one I use, although I suppose the rest of it works as well. Just download the software, and then click on the appropriate link (the first one ESPN Chinese took me to the same Asian feed I get with my cable TV, and despite the name just about everything was in English apart from the score display and one or two commercials).

That said you'll probably need broadband and I haven't fully checked it against any dodgy spyware or whatever so be warned.

my mate gave me that link and i got a trojan , BE WARNED

vaz02 said:
shouldnt be suprised that unnited thrashed fulham , fulham are fav's to go down.

who plays on wednesday ?

Tuesday, 22 August 2006
UEFA Champions League Qualifying
Benfica v Austria Magna, 20:15
Crvena Zvezda v AC Milan, 20:00
Maccabi Haifa v Liverpool, 19:35
Osasuna v Hamburg, 19:45
Valencia v SV Red Bull Salzburg, 21:00
Barclays Premiership
Tottenham v Sheff Utd, 20:00
Watford v West Ham, 19:45

UEFA Champions League Qualifying
AEK Athens v Hearts, 19:45
Ajax v FC Copenhagen, 19:30
Arsenal v Dinamo Zagreb, 20:05
Chievo v Levski Sofia, 20:00
Fenerbahce v Dynamo Kiev, 19:00
Legia Warsaw v Shakhtar Donetsk, 19:30
Mlada Boleslav v Galatasaray, 18:30
Rabotnicki Kometal v Lille, 19:00
SCP Ruzomberok v CSKA Moscow, 19:15
Spartak Moscow v Liberec, 16:00
Steaua Bucuresti v Standard Liege, 18:30
Barclays Premiership
Aston Villa v Reading, 19:45
Blackburn v Everton, 20:00
Charlton v Man Utd, 20:00
Fulham v Bolton, 20:00
Man City v Portsmouth, 19:45
Middlesbrough v Chelsea, 20:00
Midweek Euro, & Prem fixtures

I have to agree. Man Utd played well..but Fulham were quite shocking in that first half. I think many teams would have loved playing them yesterday.

My predictions..

1: Arsenal
2: Chelsea
3: Man Utd
4: Liverpool
5: Spurs
6: Aston Villa

liverpool survived, earning a 1-1 draw.

enough to put them through.

it would have been a catastrophe, financially, if they had been knocked out today.

still, they didn't even play gerrard did they? why not?

yertle-the-turtle said:
He was injured.

when? i thought he played all of england's friendly vs. greece...

?

sorry, my ignorance is shining through here.

on an entirely different note, i'm not a gunners fan per se, but i am SO sick of this ashley cole debacle. get it figured out already! arsene promised that by LAST weekend, a decision would be made one way or another. the season has started already, get a move on!

roy keane said:
Why is Liverpool so overrated now?

Much as I dislike them, as Vaz02 pointed out, they have a great manager, & he's building a more than useful team, 4 strikers vying for a first team place will ensure, domestically at least they'll be in with a shout for silverware at the end of the season, & any team that can have a player of Steven Gerrards quality in its line up will always have a chance in any match.

:|

chelski got stunned today.

suddenly manyoo is the undisputed leader in the premiership :wink:

u all heard about roy keane for sunderland ? , shocking.
City were poor , my mate went to the game.
Chelsea struggling on match day 2, SHOCK
united top of the tree, only match day 2 remember.

just got back from villa park. we played well and deserved the win. Martin O'Neill :bow:

hahahahahhaa chelsea lost. i'm really happy about that. i hate chelsea. hopefully they'll lose lots more games.

There is massive controversy about the Thatcher incident from last night..truly shocking tackle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNCpHGVPJ-w

REDKNAPP WANTS FA ACTION ON THATCHER

Harry Redknapp has called on the Football Association to take action against Ben Thatcher for the horror challenge which left Pedro Mendes in hospital.

Thatcher has been condemned from all quarters for the forearm challenge that sent Mendes crashing into the advertising hoardings during the second half of Manchester City's goalless draw with Portsmouth at Eastlands.

After being knocked unconscious, the former Tottenham star suffered a partial fit by the side of the pitch and required oxygen on his way to hospital.

Match of the Day pundit Mark Lawrenson labelled the challenge 'indefensible', with Gary Lineker claiming it to be 'shockingly dangerous'. Yet referee Dermot Gallagher only produced a yellow card.

Under strict FA guidelines, Thatcher should escape further sanction.

However, given the seriousness of the tackle, and the injuries Mendes sustained, Redknapp feels the FA must step in.

"The FA have to do something," stormed the Portsmouth manager. "It is there for all to see.

"I do not want to see anyone suspended but how could that possibly not be a red card? What do you have to do to get a red, kill someone?

What do you have to do to get a red, kill someone?[/i] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, kill someone, or be called Wayne Rooney.

If the F A don't take further action over that assault, they themselves should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute, & to pathetically say they can't take further action, is at best cowardly, at worst downright fucking disgusting, & a betrayal to anyone who plays, or watches the game, those rules weren't sent down from above, they're not cast in stone, those spineless bastards at the FA have GOT to take action, with at least a 10 game ban, & a heavy fine, & also must say I'm disappointed Stuart Pearce hasn't come out & condemned thatcher.

that tackle on mendez is gonna get huge coverage on ITV news tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom