The Official Premiership Thread 06/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I hate to say it, United were very very good. I have never seen a team come out of the blocks as quick as they did on Saturday.

Was in a foul mood for the rest of the weekend after that!

A set back in our title bid! :D

Last edited:
Don't mind Tyldesley so much, but Pleat, he bores the fucking pants off me, as much as that bent nosed "never biased towards Arsenal" tosser alan smith, bring back Rodney Marsh, at least he says it as it is.

Tyldesley and Pleats bias towards Chelsea last night was ridiculous. Drogba let himself down last night for 92 minutes until he scored what was admittedly a very good goal and those two clowns in the commentary box were banging on about how great he is now. The worst was their audible wankfest over Frank Lampards "sublime chip". :| No way did he mean to put that in. He wasn't even looking at the goal or where the keeper was positioned yet those 2 idiots couldn't pause for breath without telling us about how fantastic Frank is.

Utd's performance last night absolutely stunk of complacency, no sense of urgency whatsoever until Copenhagen scored, & I'm sick to the back teeth of SAF fielding weakened teams for so called lesser opponents, how many times in the last few seasons have UNITED come unstuck against "lesser opponents" Palace, Norwich, Wolves, West Brom, Sunderland spring to mind, when is he, & certain other managers going to learn you can't take victory for granted in the Prem, or C/L.
We now face a scenario similar to last season, if, as I suspect Celtic beat us at Parkhead, Benfica could knock us out for the second season running.

FREE TRIP FOR VILLA FANS

By Ed Thursday 2nd November 2006

Owner pays for Chelsea game.

The Guardian:

Aston Villa's chairman, Randy Lerner, has come up with a novel way to solve the problem of falling attendances in the Premiership by paying for 6,000 supporters to travel to Stamford Bridge next week. The US billionaire was so impressed with Villa's support at Leicester last week that he has pledged to cover the cost of the coach fare to west London for all the fans with tickets for the fourth-round Carling Cup tie against Chelsea on Wednesday.

Lerner's gesture is born out of goodwill as opposed to any fear that fans are disenchanted with Villa but elsewhere there are concerns that supporters are beginning to lose interest in Premiership football. While Villa's attendances at home have improved this season, the picture is much bleaker at several other top-flight clubs. Blackburn and Wigan are among those to have cut the cost of ticket prices recently in an effort to improve crowds.

Doubt Gl$£3r will follow suit!

jimmmm said:
FREE TRIP FOR VILLA FANS

By Ed Thursday 2nd November 2006

Owner pays for Chelsea game.

The Guardian:

Aston Villa's chairman, Randy Lerner, has come up with a novel way to solve the problem of falling attendances in the Premiership by paying for 6,000 supporters to travel to Stamford Bridge next week. The US billionaire was so impressed with Villa's support at Leicester last week that he has pledged to cover the cost of the coach fare to west London for all the fans with tickets for the fourth-round Carling Cup tie against Chelsea on Wednesday.

Lerner's gesture is born out of goodwill as opposed to any fear that fans are disenchanted with Villa but elsewhere there are concerns that supporters are beginning to lose interest in Premiership football. While Villa's attendances at home have improved this season, the picture is much bleaker at several other top-flight clubs. Blackburn and Wigan are among those to have cut the cost of ticket prices recently in an effort to improve crowds.

Doubt Gl$£3r will follow suit!

Our randy's a good bloke you see.

Glazer wouldn't need to fund travel for Uniteds away fans since they all probably live in the away teams city anyway :wink:

Can't believe Newcastle won tonight. Then again results like that happen every now and again when you're having a bad season. Come their next match it'll be back to the nitty gritty for them.

I remember the awful season villa had under Graham Taylor a few years ago where we were nearly relegated, yet one week we went to Middlesbrough and won 5-2 at the riverside. Wierd. Probably got thumped the next week too.

RUMOUR MILL

By Ed Friday 3rd November 2006

Queiroz, Torres and Bayern

Carlos Queiroz has been shortlisted for USA's manager's job according to the Sun.

Fernando Torres has said he would only ever leave Atletico for 'Chelsea, Manchester or Milan'. It's quite likely he didn't mean City.

The Mirror reports that United have been ordered to stop their pursuit of Owen Hargreaves or face being reported to Fifa

1. Good sooner he fucks off away from Utd the better!

2. Looks like Torres will be at the bridge next season then.

3. Utd are getting good at making it look like they're really interested in spending money aren't they, I've got more chance of a Bl*^j&b from Halle Berry than Hargreaves has of becoming a Utd player!

haha all jesting apart i think Hargreaves will come to United whether it be January or next summer. As far as i'm concerned, all the best teams need a true defensive midfielder and i'm sure fergie knows that too. United haven't had one since Keane left. Carrick plays in the middle but he's no DMF. In the matches i've watched at villa this season, we just haven't been the same without gavin mccann doing the dirty work. You only realise how important those players are when you watch a full 90 minutes of a match.

and just for the record, my tip is Hargreaves will sign for United at the end of the january transfer window :ohmy:

Looks like it's going to be a two horse race for the title. early days still but with arsenal dropping points and liverpool having already dropped points it might just be between man united and chelsea this year. especially if chelsea win at white hart lane later.

Seeing that wanker Pardew point as his watch and scream at the referee to blow the whistle 30 seconds before time made my blood boil.

This, of course, is the same Alan Pardew who, in the play-off semi-finals at Upton Park a few years ago, had the temerity to instruct his ball boys to return the ball slowly to make sure his side could protect their lead.

And great job of making Wenger look bad, as well. He bloody well knew from the way Wenger was standing there was zero chance of a handshake but he decided to thrust his arms in his face anyway.

As for the coin throwing, I thought that stuff was eliminated from England years ago.

God I hate Alan Pardew and I hate West Ham United.

Edit: Oh by the way I'm not defending Wenger's push on Pardew or Fabregas' alleged punch on Sheringham (although that fracas was so complicated I thought for a minute it was Cesc that was getting done in). But I'm not surprised they reacted the way that they did, because Pardew and Wet Spam have a history of using unsavoury tactics to wind up the opposition.

Last edited:
Wow, never seen that side of Wenger before. He didnt even talk to the press afterwards. There is going to be plenty of backlash from this.
And way to go Spurs, after 16 years finally a win over Chelsea.

i always like seeing any of the 'big four' teams get beaten but i'd rather it wasn't at the hands of tottenham and west ham. two teams i'm hardly in love with. Arsenal and chelsea dominated their matches yesterday and i think chelsea actually played some quite nice football for once. and that drogba goal was most defintely a goal. nothing wrong with it. And Hleb had the most blatant penalty of the year not given.

But i do think West Ham and Tottenham get their tactics right yesterday, to work hard and not show the opposition too much respect although at times they did ride their luck.

haha, down with united :p
go arsenal!

o wait... we forgot to shoot into the goal instead of the crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom