The official NYE "After party" thread....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AchtungBono

Refugee
Happy new year everyone!

This is the place to share all your stories of drinking/dancing/partying/boozing/......etc......at last night's parties.

Hope everyone had a FAB time and I wish you all the best for 2008.

XXX
Elaine

Went to a friends house with another friend, drank too much wine and watched Kylie Minogue/Paul Mccartney/Madness on Jools Holland.
Also played lots of boardgames (they are much more fun when you're drunk, really) - I won all of them :wink:

We had fun dancing! :D

2155575444_d5f65f583b.jpg

2154779399_393b9c5e81.jpg

2155578764_b71d1c6dd8.jpg

2154782273_793843ca38.jpg

Ernie and I had my parents and their chocolate lab spend the night (we have a chocolate lab and a yellow lab, so they had fun together). We had dinner, and we played Risk, which basically took up most of our evening. It was so much fun. :)

This morning I rolled out of bed, went to have lunch with parents and brother, and then sat down and wrote a legal memo (don't even ask, sigh).

Now I'm treating myself to a nice berry crumble with some Haagen Dazs vanilla ice cream.

Slept until noon. Can't remember the last time I did that! Now I'm messing around on the computer, searching Craigslist for some exercise equipment I want to buy. I suppose I should go shovel and get the dog outside for a while (she loves snow)....

Had Chinese takeout with a friend then watched TV and drank champagne till after midnight. Didn't sleep much and feel a bit trashed today. Happy New Year!

December 31: Had a few drinks at work, went home. Had a few drinks on the verandah at home with my housemates while the sun went down. Went around to my girlfriends place and had to wait for the girls to finish getting ready, so had a couple of glasses of champagne. Went to a bar in the city/on the water, had a few drinks there, watched the Sydney Harbour fireworks at midnight, danced till about 3am, couldn't get a cab, walked forever and ever and ever.

January 1: Woke up at midday. Stayed on the couch in front of a fan with a large jug of iced water by my side for the majority of the day. Watched DVD's. Drifted in and out of sleep. Felt terrible.

I'm glad I didn't drink anything alcoholic. It would've made for awkwardness when they police officer arrived and called the tow-truck for me.

I went to see Sweeney Todd with a big group of my kids and their friends last nite, came home and had some champagne and watched Ed Wood, rang in the New Year at midnight with party poppers and finished Ed Wood and fell asleep on the living room floor under the Christmas tree. Woke up at 11:30 today. Woot! Happy New Year!

My fiance I went to MN to spend it with my oldest brother who lives there and my youngest sister who was in town. Ate a bunch of junk food,drank some alcohol and just laughed all night! One of the best NYE I have had in a really long time :up:

Back
Top Bottom