The Official NFL Thread, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if the eric mangini coached the giants they'd be looking at another division title and a first round bye right now instead of clinging to a 6 seed.

the jets are sooooo well prepared it's ridiculous.

you can talk about how eli's play needs to improve for the giants to win all you want...

Eli Manning- 3069 yards, 22 TDs, 17 INTs 219.2 YPG, 79.3 QB Rating
Chad Pennington- 2958 yards, 15 TDs, 16 INTs, 211.3 YPG, 81.3 QB Rating

the numbers of both New York QBs are very similar... one team wins games they're not supposed to, the other loses games they're supposed to win. you figure it out.

I watched bits and pieces of that Eagles-Giants game, and the playcalling in the red zone by the G-men was atrocious. Too many predictable running plays. A little bit of creativity to throw the defense off would have helped.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
georg%20jensen%20mitra%20fork%203300012.jpg

feel free to stick it where you choose...

Just don't let this guy get hold of it...

phillyfan26 said:
"Headache with thongs".
...you might not enjoy where he sticks it.

The funny (OK, maybe sad) thing is that the G-men are still currently a playoff team. At 7-7 they would be tied with the Atlanta Vicks for the 6 seed and own the tiebreaker by virtue of a head to head victory.

Oh that wacky NFC.

Eli and Chad have similar stats, but personally, I think that Eli has much more talent to throw to than Chad does. Chris Baker/Sean Ryan are no Shockey and although Laverneaus is really good, Plaxico has the talent to be HUGE.

And Tiki is far superior to the Jets RBs by committee.

The Giants should have a much better record.

And is it just me, or do you think that they should start testing kickers for steroids a bit more. These guys are all hitting 50-60+ yarders w/ ease this season.

I watched the Giants game in its entirety yesterday and am soooo tired of the Giant play calling in the Red Zone. I'm no expert, of course, but, geez, show some variety, some imagination....always having Jacobs in there ensures that they'll have one less passing option, as opposed to having Barber in there, who is savvy enough to find an opening in the end zone if all else fails.

Headache is right, this is a poorly prepared, undisciplined team that a better coach would probably have at 10-4 right now, injuries or not. Also, MUST Fox cut to Coughlin 40-50 times a game...geez. We get it, he yells and launches into histrionics, enough.

Developments of the day:

Phillyfan26 remains nowhere to be seen...:hmm:

Headache makes his smartest post all season with a photo of a kitchen utensil. :wink:

Our resident feline makes her usual non-contribution. (At least last year she was trying to post about football)

The thread finally realizes the genius of Tom Coughlin. :laugh:

I am seen, Dave.

I give credit to Garcia for some good moments of passing. I give more credit to Andy for re-doing his playcalling scheme, which was atrocious with McNabb at the helm. The defense once again proved inability to tackle or pressure. The sole reason of victory was a Mr. Brian Dawkins, who went out of his way to knock two fumbles out. My father has been watching NFL games for 35 years, and said, "He's still the best player I've ever seen at forcing fumbles." Both of them were plays very few could make. He also had one of the Eagles' extremely lucky tipped pass interceptions, the one where Eli threw it right into Mike Patterson's head. He made his first appearance this season along with 0055 Dhani Jones, who managed to make his first hit of the season by late hitting a guy out of bounds. The first time 0055 blew his cover all season. Up until that moment, he was as secretive as 007 himself about his existence on this team. Reno Nevada Mahe finally made a big play on special teams.

I'm still peeved about the stupid penalties though. We did it twice AGAIN. Jones late hit a guy and then Garcia throwing the ball at the guy, I was ready to kill him.

And it didn't help that Tom Coughlin's an idiot.

phillyfan26 said:
The sole reason of victory was a Mr. Brian Dawkins,

Last I checked, Brian Dawkins didn't score 36 points. :scratch:

I agree though - dumb penalties are our nemesis. I wanted to whack my head off a wall when Garcia drew that taunting penalty. :der:

Playoffs baby :drool:

the only other thing i have to say about the giants... michael strahan thinks he's an all time great player. but he has one big problem... THE all time great defensiver player wore that uniform... a guy who tore his shoulder ligaments, detached his pectoral muscle, wrapped his arm behind his back and had 3 sacks in the game. now all be it he was probably so jacked up on coke that he couldn't feel a thing... but michael strahan has a broken bone in his foot, and continues to miss game after game after game as the giants season goes down the shitter. lawrence taylor, he is not.

No spoken words said:
I watched the Giants game in its entirety yesterday and am soooo tired of the Giant play calling in the Red Zone. I'm no expert, of course, but, geez, show some variety, some imagination....always having Jacobs in there ensures that they'll have one less passing option, as opposed to having Barber in there, who is savvy enough to find an opening in the end zone if all else fails.

Headache is right, this is a poorly prepared, undisciplined team that a better coach would probably have at 10-4 right now, injuries or not. Also, MUST Fox cut to Coughlin 40-50 times a game...geez. We get it, he yells and launches into histrionics, enough.

Tiki getting a chance in the red zone would have helped my fantasy team a lot this year...friggin brandon Jacobs...:mad:

the only other thing i have to say about the giants... michael strahan thinks he's an all time great player. but he has one big problem... THE all time great defensiver player wore that uniform... a guy who tore his shoulder ligaments, detached his pectoral muscle, wrapped his arm behind his back and had 3 sacks in the game. now all be it he was probably so jacked up on coke that he couldn't feel a thing... but michael strahan has a broken bone in his foot, and continues to miss game after game after game as the giants season goes down the shitter. lawrence taylor, he is not.

Not quite holding Taylor to the same standard you were holding Merriman eh ?

Not that it appears Merriman has slowed down much

Hey what was that "Eagles watching the playoffs at home on the golf course" thing again ?

speaking of Merriman, the double standard with him, and all NFL players, compared to baseball players is ridiculous.

this guy, who missed 1/4 of the season due to cheating by using steroids, gets selected to the Pro Bowl without a second thought

yet if it happens to baseball players, they basically get ostracized from the game, theyre labelled as cheaters and a bad influence to all our kids

if Merriman goes on to have a HOF career do you think there will be endless debates about his steroid use and if he was worthy? no way. yet McGwire will be lucky to ever make the HOF, and he was never even caught for steroids

Chizip said:
speaking of Merriman, the double standard with him, and all NFL players, compared to baseball players is ridiculous.

this guy, who missed 1/4 of the season due to cheating by using steroids, gets selected to the Pro Bowl without a second thought

yet if it happens to baseball players, they basically get ostracized from the game, theyre labelled as cheaters and a bad influence to all our kids

if Merriman goes on to have a HOF career do you think there will be endless debates about his steroid use and if he was worthy? no way. yet McGwire will be lucky to ever make the HOF, and he was never even caught for steroids

I saw a brief debate this on television a few weeks ago. Chip's right, there is a huge double standard when one compares public perception of performance enhancing drug use in the NFL as compared to MLB. That does not make McGwire any less guilty (he's guilty...and he's not alone, of course, but he's guilty), nor Bonds, but, yeah, Merriman is not being held to the same rigid standard our baseball stars are held to. By the way, even in baseball, when lower level players test positive, nobody blinks....but if Clemens or David Ortiz tested positive, people would go berserk.

Maybe it has to do with the physical nature of the sport, I don't know. Maybe people just assume Merriman would be that big, strong and fast with or without steroids, because, well, football players are big, strong and fast. Not sure what the psychology behind it is, but, it definitely exists, from fans to the press.

I had Barber on my Fantasy team, too, but, my rant was coming from a guy that roots for the Giants, not from a pissed off fantasy owner. Though, yeah, watching Tiki help take it down to the 5 then watching the mentally ill (seriously, he seems insane) Jacobs pound it in would get a little frustrating.

toscano said:

Not quite holding Taylor to the same standard you were holding Merriman eh ?

Not that it appears Merriman has slowed down much

Hey what was that "Eagles watching the playoffs at home on the golf course" thing again ?

i'm sorry... i don't remember the report that said LT took 'roids.

cocaine may dull the pain, but i don't know if i'd exactly call it a performance enhancer. and besides, i said it in jest.

now go back to lurking until you find something else you can attempt to rip me on... see ya in 2 weeks.

I don't know anyone besides Cardinals fans that actually believe McGwire did not take some sort of performance enhancing drug. Testing now is enough of a joke, when McGwire played it was basically non-existant, nobody cared if players were on anything, everyone just wanted HR chases. So, was he proven guilty? Nope, but, then again, he was not really tried.

And, let me add, that my fondest wish is that he and Sosa and Bonds, etc, were all clean, because 1998 was a magical baseball year and I'd prefer it if it was done on the up and up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom