The Official NFL Thread, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No spoken words said:
Part of me wants the Bears to win the Super Bowl so I can tell my fictional grandkids about how I saw the worst winning QB in football history. "Worse than Trent Dilfer, Grandpa No Spoken Words????"......"Yes, kids, he was just that bad"........

Hey! There's good Rex and Bad Wrecks.

Good Rex = most 100+ QB ratings
Bad Wrecks = QB rating lower than the wind chill.

I still think Rex can get it done.

DaveC said:
The Giants are comically bad.

Not just mediocre.

Not just "in a slump".

They are baaaaaaaad.

And not in the hip-hop sense, either.

Oh, for a minute I thought you were talking about the Colts' defense.

I've actually seen a lot of Bears games this year, and you're right, there is bad wrecks and there is good Rex. Unfortunately, bad wrecks seems to show a little too often.

Could he get it done? Sure. Dilfer did and Jeff Hostetler did, and neither were anything to brag about (Hostetler became a decent QB with the Raiders). I just don't see him having 3 non-disaster games in a row in the playoffs.

But, then again, what the hell do I know?

I was just surprised that I won my Fantasy playoffs this weekend. My opponent had Stephen Jackson & Ladell Betts for his RB. Fortunately for me, those were the only 2 players that scored over 20 points for him.

It came down to T.O. versus Terry Glenn. Except TO needed to beat Glenn by 20 points last night. Thankfully TO still can't catch a football.

I'd also like to thank LT for having a great year! Dude carried me throughout the year. 404 fantasy points all by himself!

Hey,
All I'll say is this. It sure was nice to see Sexy Rexy throw some passes to his rb's and TE's for short gains.

I think calling him the WORST QB ever is a bit of a stretch. He certainly has lots to learn, but man he looks good when he gets in a rhythm.

Like I said though, when he isn't in a rhythm, you see lots and lots of deep passes...sometimes to the other team...and then possibly 4-5 times to the other team...He's learning. If he keeps going to his "check down" recievers, we will win some games. He just cannot force it all the time.

GO BEARS!!!

Got Philk? said:
Hey,
All I'll say is this. It sure was nice to see Sexy Rexy throw some passes to his rb's and TE's for short gains.

I think calling him the WORST QB ever is a bit of a stretch. He certainly has lots to learn, but man he looks good when he gets in a rhythm.

Like I said though, when he isn't in a rhythm, you see lots and lots of deep passes...sometimes to the other team...and then possibly 4-5 times to the other team...He's learning. If he keeps going to his "check down" recievers, we will win some games. He just cannot force it all the time.

GO BEARS!!!

Oh, Phil, not the worst QB ever....not by a long shot...I said if they win the SB, he'll be the worst SB winning QB ever.

You think even worst than Dilfer? Yes, I am horribly bias, and I'll agree Dilfer was way more consistant. But I will respectfully disagree. I loved Dilfer, but didn't he throw for like 40 yards when he won the Super Bowl? :wink: I kid.

Didn't Elvis Grbac win one too? But he was from the University of Michigan so he was clearly outstanding. :D

tpsreports2424 said:
I'd thrown in Brian Griese for the hell of it to see what he plays like since the Bears already clinched the playoffs..

Funny, I thought that in week around week 6. I still wonder what our record would be if we had Griese starting. I'm not complaining, b/c we have a great record, but would Griese have been more consistant through and through? Would we not have lost to teams like Miami or New England b/c of less to's?

Not Terrell Owens'. I hate him.

The thing I keep thinking though is this was Grossman's first season. Not bad! I hope now it only gets better.

Well Grossman has been out season by season and I wished then we would of had him because really, are back-ups SUCKED.

But now I think we actually have a good back-up but I still have yet to see him play so I can't talk much about him being better than Rex because I have really yet to see him play. I'd like to see his playing though..

Personally, I think Rex is gonna choke during the first playoff game and they are going to put in Brian and he may do very well..

I doubt will end up winning the SB but if we end up do, it won't be because of Rex.

Whatever happend to Tank? I heard like really early in the morning the moring after it happend and all I know is that he didn't play that sunday..Is he off the team or what now?

tps,
I kind of agree...I worry we might choke. But I really can't see anything changing like that in the playoffs. Grossman is the guy. If we lose, I guess we hope for next year and some experience and development.

I saw Griese play a lot on Tampa. He was nothing great, but surely wasn't bad. He was good. He made the plays, and rarely made the turnovers. That's what I saw. But who knows with this system.

That's just it. We don't know. Though, it would be tough for a qb to start, then be benched, and then come back if need be. It is better I guess to have one qb go and go all out.

Tank is in trouble...that's all i Know

Griese's nothing special.

Grossman's your guy, for better or worse.

Yeah, Phil, to me, worse than Dilfer, but, it obviously is debatable. Then again, Dilfer has a ring, Grossman does not, so, let's save the debate for if/when the Bears win the SB.

I'll be shocked if anyone besides the Chargers wins, but, we shall see.

Got Philk? said:

Didn't Elvis Grbac win one too? But he was from the University of Michigan so he was clearly outstanding. :D
Elvis Grbac win a SuperBowl??

Well yes, he was Steve Young's backup when the Niners won their 5th title, entered the game very late and was 0 for 1 passing for 0 yards, so yeah I guess you can say Elvis Grbac was a SuperBowl winning QB.

if the bears, in week 17 of the NFL season, are actually considering a QB change... well... that doesn't say much about the bears chances at a super bowl now does it.

coughlin demoted hufnagel... way to wait till there's one week left in the season to make a change, slugger.

michael strahan is a pussy.

the bengals got kicked in the nuts.

best division? well, the NFC East could easily end up with three playoff teams... that doesn't really tell you how good the NFC East is, just how bad the NFC is. it's hard to pick best division based on wins due to the NFL scheduling... a team that's really an 8 win team last year plays a tough schedule, wins only 4, gets an easy schedule this year, wins 10, and people think they're great... i'd have to go with the AFC West... they have three teams that could easily be the #1 seed if they moved over to the NFC in San Diego, Denver and Kansas City. heck, even the 2-13 raiders have a good defense.

my nightmare = the giants getting blown out next week but still getting into the playoffs, winning a first round game in the shitty NFC, getting bounced in the 2nd round and coughlin keeps his job.

The Bears are not considering a QB change this week. As for Rex choking in the playoffs this year. . .well, I can't say. I don't think it will be because of him if the Bears lose though. Tank comes back this week so we'll see what the D looks like with his return.

I do know that Rex played pretty well again Carolina last year. The reason the Bear were one and done was because of the defense. (Peanut Tillman, I'm looking at you.) Steve Smith embarrassed them.

As for Tank's status:
He is, for all purposes, on house arrest. He can only leave for work. He also is not allowed to drive himself to and from work. Tank is not allowed to leave the state without permission. This won't be a problem for him as the Bear have home field throughout. If the Bear make it to the Superbowl he will have to ask permission to go. Tank has another court date before that so who know what will happen.

And I have to say that I'm mildly annoyed that the Bear/Packer game was moved to Sunday night. :angry:

well the press... and i know they know nothing so i shouldn't really listen to them... keep saying that they're getting greeeeeeasey more snaps incase rex blows up early in the playoffs so they can switch him quick.

the bears did the same thing last year when cowboy bob orton had the bears set up for a first round bye... but he couldn't get the job done so they had rex champan waiting in the wings 'cause he was soooo good... now rex sucks and they have greaseball waiting in case rex screws up... how about showing a little confidence in your quarterback heading into the playoffs?? even if ya know he sucks... it can't be good for him to be constantly looking over his shoulder.

i mean what is rex grossman thinking? he leads the team to a 13-2 record yet everyone keeps talking about how much he sucks and they should give griese a shot... and then the coach gives griese some snaps last week... grossman must be psychological swiss-cheese at this point.

The Bears' D might be able to carry them to Miami with 2 games in the elements at Soldier Field.
In sunny Miami, the Bears will get whomped by the Chargers or Pats, or beaten 9-6 in history's least exciting Superbowl by the Ravens.

Especially if they are laying big numbers in the divisional round....probably at least a TD considering they'll be coming off a bye...could you imagine the option of taking Brady/Belichick +7.5 in the playoffs vs. Rivers/Schottenheimer...like stealing candy from a baby.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'm chomping at the bit to bet against marty schottenheimer in the playoffs :drool:

That's a good bet. When it comes to the playoffs, Schottenheimer is the Peyton Manning of coaches. A sure bet to choke!

WildHoneyAlways said:
The Bears are not considering a QB change this week. As for Rex choking in the playoffs this year. . .well, I can't say. I don't think it will be because of him if the Bears lose though. Tank comes back this week so we'll see what the D looks like with his return.

I do know that Rex played pretty well again Carolina last year. The reason the Bear were one and done was because of the defense. (Peanut Tillman, I'm looking at you.) Steve Smith embarrassed them.

That's what I keep thinking all the time too. Everyone from the start of the season had said if the bears can get some offense, the D will do the rest. I think b/c Rex has put up huge numbers, expectations have changed.

That said, we can't have 5 int's in the playoffs. I'm not a bears fan wishing for a qb change at all. I do wonder what Griese would have done, but heck, 13-2? I'm not complaining.

Miss WHA, I too remember Mr. Tillman getting dragged all over the field vs Steve Smith. In fact, Steve Smith wsa the only one who beat the Bears. I kept thinking, "they'll get him help. They have to." But they changed nothing, and nothing changed.

Headache, you sound like a jealous Giants fan.

U2Kitten said:

That's a good bet. When it comes to the playoffs, Schottenheimer is the Peyton Manning of coaches. A sure bet to choke!
You could almost say Peyton is the Schottsie of QB's cause Marty's been at it much longer.

The Eagles are still befuddling me. I can't believe the defense can play like that.

I'm starting to get excited about them. I don't know if it's a good or bad thing.

They are peaking at the right time, you take them off a diet of Chunky Soup and put them on a strict diet of sausage and wonders happen.

Got Philk? said:

That's what I keep thinking all the time too. Everyone from the start of the season had said if the bears can get some offense, the D will do the rest. I think b/c Rex has put up huge numbers, expectations have changed.

That said, we can't have 5 int's in the playoffs. I'm not a bears fan wishing for a qb change at all. I do wonder what Griese would have done, but heck, 13-2? I'm not complaining.

If anything, the Bears D hasn't played very well of late, while Grossman has been ok.

Regardless, I don't think the Bears will get to the Super Bowl. The offense is inconsistent while the defense hasn't been as sharp the last few weeks, and I believe that carries over into the playoffs.

haha, good good. You took it as a joke. I was worried and almost put a :wink: in an edit.

Phanan, you're right about the D. I'm a little worried about that myself. We're a different team without Tommie Harris, and honestly Mike Brown, though we're used to not having him. :wink: I'm still set on the Super Bowl this year. And I'll be in Miami when that day comes.

by the way, when I say "huge numbers" like I did in my last post, I mean in games, not the overall season. He's had a good season, but not huge. Huge games, not season.

The Saints will run it up on the Bears suddely weak defense, and Grossman won't be able to keep up.

btw, the Saints are gonna win the whole thing, since we all know the NFL is rigged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom