The Official NFL Thread, Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Holmgren's head just exploded after watching the replay of that TD.

Did anyone see Bill Simmons NFL article? He had my thoughts about the NFC East exactly (the three everyone seems to pick have glaring weaknesses people wish to ignore, while the Eagles are getting ignored and look like the best team if you think about it). I knew regularly reading his stuff would come through for an argument! :dance:

the sports guy's nfl preview made me laugh at it's rediculousness.

ok, so he's gonna pick the eagles based on his "ewing theory" and because "invincible" and "always sunny in philadelphia" are good shows and ryan howard's having an mvp season.

yea... that makes sense.

the giants have one weakness... eli manning. if he doesn't improve off last year, they're in trouble. if he does, everyone else is in trouble.

barring injuries, of course... which ultimately are always the deciding factor in the NFL

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
the sports guy's nfl preview made me laugh at it's rediculousness.

ok, so he's gonna pick the eagles based on his "ewing theory" and because "invincible" and "always sunny in philadelphia" are good shows and ryan howard's having an mvp season.

yea... that makes sense.

that's not what he was basing it off! he said they have an easy schedule and they are healed, they have good offensive and defensive lines

you really missed his point there, i'll even give you the actual quote from him starting here:

"everyone [has been] acting like they were a 6-10 team last season, when the reality was this: Their defense was decimated by injuries; they lost McNabb in Week 7 and Westbrook in Week 8; and the T.O soap opera and residual bitterness from the Pats' Super Bowl destroyed what was left of their season. Well, who has an easier schedule -- @Hou, NYG, @SF, GB, DAL, @NO -- over the first six weeks? With the exception of Dallas and Chicago, who has a better defense in the NFC? Why is everyone so willing to count out a team with a quality coach that's loaded on the offensive/defensive lines? Couldn't they do a reasonable impression of the 2005 Bears, only with a much better QB? I love the Eagles this season. More on this later."

He gave the other reasons as extra. This was his real write-up.

Rams beat the Broncos

theyre already a quarter of the way to the Hewson predicted win total of 4 :wink:

amazing what a good defense can do

DaveC said:
12 seconds in and Tom Brady fucks up...absolutely gorgeous.

:lmao:

yes his fault that he was sacked by somebody who went completely unblocked...then he fixes his horrid first half (3-11) with a strong second half and should have had 3 TD passes if graham didn't drop the TD in the endzone. and he led the pats to a comeback win...again.

DaveC said:
12 seconds in and Tom Brady fucks up...absolutely gorgeous.

:lmao:

Too bad they still won, eh?

Thoughts after opening Sunday...

The Panthers really suck without Steve Smith.

I'll hold off judgement on the Eagles for a while longer. It was the Texans, after all.

A couple more games like that and Jake Plummer will be benched.

Drew Bledsoe is still Drew Bledsoe.

The farm down in Mississippi is looking like the better place for Brett Favre.

Amazing how good the Ravens can be with an offense.

I love the NFL. :love:

Man if I was a Packers fan I wouldn't be too happy with Favre. He strung the Packers along all year and forced them to try to win now when rebuilding was desperately needed. Goes out and throws 15/29 for 170 yards and 2 picks in a shutout while their QB of the future sits on the bench.

I love the Packers....I love Favre...but I wish he would've let it go. Last season was bad enough :sigh:

I hate losing to the Bears :mad:

Giants play at Seattle and at Philly the next couple weeks, wouldn't be surprised if they went 0-3

Headache in a Suitcase said:

yea... i'll still be taking the giants in the next two games.

Yeah...I am thinking all the fans of the refs are celebrating their victory tonight.

:yikes:

GO ZEBRAS.

Way to blow it on national TV.

bono_212 said:

I hate losing to the Bears :mad:

DA' BEARS...

farley.jpg

ChrisFarleyDaBears.jpg

zoney! said:

Yeah...I am thinking all the fans of the refs are celebrating their victory tonight.

:yikes:

GO ZEBRAS.

Way to blow it on national TV.
The offensive interference on Carter looked like a call that should have been made in last year's Superbowl.

that call was god awful, and the giants certainly would have been in much better shape if the call wasn't made, but the refs didn't make the ensuing interception that eli threw. :shrug:

they played well enough to win, had a few penalties that were their own fault, a few ones that were very suspect, and three dropped interceptions, two of which could have gone for touchdowns if they were brought in.

the good thing is a lot of their mistakes are correctable mistakes... the bad thing is that, although eli played very well at times, he was at times still inaccurate... which remains the biggest problem the giants face.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom