The Official NBA Thread- Business Casual Atire is Required

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'm glad to see that the isiah didn't protect the 2006 draft pick that they sent to chicago in the eddy curry trade... considering that the pick is probably gonna be top 3 and adam morrison is sitting out there...

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

LeMarcus Aldridge :wink:

fuck him, fuck rudy gay... adam morrison is the best player available and he's the one who i'm pissed that we're gonna miss a chance to get.

if we missed out on rudy gay, i wouldn't shed a tear.

But I hear Morrison is rather unathletic...I even read the phrase 'has the legs of a 40 year old'.

mavericks_282x243.jpg

Yes sir

Has anyone heard the story of Kobe and The Mamba?

in the ESPN NBA preview issue there's an interview with Kobe

and he nicknames himself: The Mamba, which is a 13-foot python that can strike with 99% accuracy and is extremely quick

now to me, whenever a man accused of sexual assault names himself after a 13-foot python, I find that hilarious

and now I call Kobe simply: "The Mamba"

namkcuR said:

But I hear Morrison is rather unathletic...I even read the phrase 'has the legs of a 40 year old'.

eh hem...

ATHLETICISIM MEANS ABOUT AS MUCH AS TO ME AS THE LENGTH OF EACH INDIVIDUAL PLAYER'S ASS HAIR.

in other words... the fact that "athleticisim" has taken over skill as the most important thing in american basketball is exactly why just 10 years ago we were beating the ever living shit out of everyone and now we're losing.

and Larry Bird was athletic?

but he's probably the greatest player of the last 25 years

LemonMacPhisto said:
and Larry Bird was athletic?

but he's probably the greatest player of the last 25 years

eh, one of them... in the top 5, probably in the top 2... but i've gotta give the #1 spot to jordan. he was insanely athleticly gifted while at the same time being fundamentaly perfect.

you don't see that anymore... now it's either skill or no skill, and many college coaches don't care because they're winning games so why should they?

sad

yeah, you're right, MJ was better than Larry Legend

I wonder how drafting and player skills will change since there's the age limit now

I mean, will most players be better coming from college -> NBA, or some of the people who are raw talent from high school now having to go to college or wait will be better or worse? :shrug:

oh, and Rashad McCants of the Timberwolves has the same Manty Hose as The Mamba/Kobe

LemonMacPhisto said:

I mean, will most players be better coming from college -> NBA, or some of the people who are raw talent from high school now having to go to college or wait will be better or worse? :shrug:

Kobe, Lebron, and KG would have been great whether or not they attended college. It's the other 50 stupid high school kids who enter the draft every year that need to be saved.

and one could argue that Kobe could have curtailed some of his obvious emotional issues if he had spent a few years in college

and if lebron went to college perhaps he wouldn't make such stupid commericals.

on the subject of lebron, i've noticed a change in his game... he doesn't pass as much as he used to, he's become more of a scorer, as opposed to the magic johnson/oscar robertson type player he was in his first two seasons... i hope it's just a temporary thing.

his scoring is up, 30.4 ppg as opposed to 27.4 last year, but his assists and rebounds are both down by more than 1 per game.

still a great player, don't get me wrong... he's not any worse than he was, his style has just changed. he's no longer the triple double for a season threat i thought he'd become after last season.

Last edited:
namkcuR said:
Are you from Texas? What makes you like the Mavs over the champs?

Where I'm from is right outside of Dallas. My university is really close to San Antonio, so there's a lot of Spurs fans down there. Lot of people from Houston to, so Rockets fans are everywhere as well. Hard to find a good hearted Mavs fan at TSU.

inmyplace13 said:

Where I'm from is right outside of Dallas. My university is really close to San Antonio, so there's a lot of Spurs fans down there. Lot of people from Houston to, so Rockets fans are everywhere as well. Hard to find a good hearted Mavs fan at TSU.

If injuries to Manu and Duncan become a factor for the Spurs, I could see the Mavs possibly snagging the Southwest division :hmm:

thoughts from the opening of the season...
--if artest can stay out of the looney bin, the pacers are going to be good

aaand artest could not stay out of the looney bin.

--pat riley will coach this season

didn't take a genius to figure this one out

--the 76ers are horrific... i give it till december before the iverson trade rumors start popping up... perhaps to the knicks for marbury? :hmm:

all quiest on the iverson front, and the 6ers have surprisingly played well

--the knicks will have one of the 5 best recrods in the eastern conference after the all star break... unfortunatly they'll be struggling to get to .500 before it.

worse than i thought to start the season, but low and behold the calander turns and they've won 4 in a row... you would think with the horrific start that the knicks had that they'd be way out of playoff contention by now... but alas, despite being 11 and 21, they sit just 3 games out of the 8th seed. oh yea... the east is soooooo good.

--eddy curry could be another shaq... then again, he could be another oliver miller.

yup

--if t.j. ford can stay healthy the bucks are a lock for the playoffs

bucks are currently sitting in the 5th seed

--i give the pistons two months before they implode... flip saunders controlling rasheed wallace? HAAAA... tell me another one.

well nuts on my chin for this one... they've been great so far. how much of that is playing in a horrific eastern conference? i don't know... i still don't think they'll win the eastern confernce... my money remains on the heat.

--phoenix will hover around .500 until amare gets back...

they've actually done even better than that... they're the 2 seed in the west right now, despite not having amare. steve nash is your MVP again if this keeps up.

--at some point over the course of the season kobe bryant will wear a full body stocking, including one over his head. he'll look like the gimp from pulp fiction.

still waiting...

Well, some wags (like me, for one) might attribute the Pistons' success to Flip Saunders not openly fishing for other jobs during the season.

randhail said:
do you think Kobe's teammates are ready to kill him yet?

There have been reports of Jack Nicholson secretly supplying Smush Parker and Luke Walton with some tripwires and golf clubs to take Kobe out

Kobe = glorified scorer, never in a million years will be the next MJ, so whoever says that can eat shit, or watch a Hawks game

Back
Top Bottom