The Official Interference World Cup Thread - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J_NP said:
And for the record I'm not pointing out nothing againsta anything of Australia , its just I dont like this thing of players going for the leg instead of the ball . Thats not football . 3rd - This referee Essam Abd El Fatah :|

Ok - but given that 4 yellow cards were given against AUS, can they continue that style? I don't think so.

Australia always play rough, I really hate watching them. It's not rugby for heaven's sake.

Japan just sealed its WC fate. They can't beat Brazil and I don't believe they'll beat Croatia either.

anitram said:
Japan just sealed its WC fate.

Thats true , even if they did won Croatia , there would be still Brazil , and they would also need a number of scores.

About now's game , u see just before the game started , I told my folks about this Koller the 9 , he's gonna score it , with his head early or late . And I was kind wanting to Czech to put the US back home fast , but I kinda having a change of heart , felt a bit bad about them , and they are kinda playing nice , for a sport that is "disliked " there , so I kind of would like this game end like 2-2 or a 3-3 would be nice.

Ouch.

I don't think the USA has played that badly (and they were 3 inches away from tying the game 1-1), but this is looking pretty bleak.

Beautiful 2nd goal .

If I was US's coach , would put one more striker , McBride is alone in there , and believe me to work against a solid defense in like 4-5-1 , It's not good idea .

J_NP said:
Beautiful 2nd goal .

If I was US's coach , would put one more striker , McBride is alone in there , and believe me to work against a solid defense in like 4-5-1 , It's not good idea .

If it were still 1-0 I think you might see Josh Wolff or Eddie Johnson come in. But at 2-0, I think the US has to concede this game and try to get wins against Italy and Ghana.

But my friend the thing is , US is in a situation like Japan today , losing this is like saying goodbye . Though Today Czech is slightly better as a team than Italy , the game with Italy is gonna be trash . If you guys lose this game , its practically goodbye , unless Italy does screw up , which I dont believe .

Well to be honest, the Czechs are a way better team than the US to begin with.

No, I really believe they're significantly more solid. And they have a lot of experience playing competitively against the top ranked teams (ask the Dutch how the Czechs are) whereas the Americans are stuck in shitty CONCAF that will always hurt them the way it's hurt Mexico.

You are definitely right about CONCACAF being awful. It certainly doesn't help the US - perhaps some more time spent playing friendlies against European teams would help them.

Yeah, I think so but then again so many times in these friendlies, the teams pull their better players because of injury concerns so you're playing their B team. CONCACAF is really awful, though.

All in all, 2-0 isn't so bad, could easily be 4-0 right now. Those last 2 misses for the Czechs were pretty much sure goals were it not for bad luck.

It's a really scary stat that ESPN keeps mentioning - the US have never won a world cup match in Europe. I guess we need to hope that Italy pulls another choke job or that the US has just had a really bad day.

J_NP said:
But my friend the thing is , US is in a situation like Japan today , losing this is like saying goodbye . Though Today Czech is slightly better as a team than Italy , the game with Italy is gonna be trash . If you guys lose this game , its practically goodbye , unless Italy does screw up , which I dont believe .

Well, the USA definitely isn't winning this game. But still, I think you can't write off any team after one match. There's still two more to go. A lot can still happen. A Italy-Ghana tie would help the USA a lot.

Eddie Johnson has showed that he can create some offense. (Usually his biggest talents are running fast and going offside.) He better be starting up top with Brian McBride next game.

I'm not ready to hit the panic button quite yet, but lets look at the US's performance in recent big team tournaments:

2004 Mens Bball - bust (bronze)
2006 Mens hockey - craptastic
2006 World Baseball classic - pitiful

Not too stellar.

Yup now things get 'funnier' and 'funnier' . There was this line , which was around a lot , says that in this cup , Brazil is fighting against "everything and everyone" . Never this made more sense , now I go and read that italian prosecuters want the prision of Cafu , coz of some probs with his italian nationality . Anyway the thing is , even if there's some really prob , that would 'demand' order of prision , to make this call one day before , exactly one day before Brazil's Start ? :| It's curious to not say other thing.......

A lot of you been reading probably stuff like this already in the newspapers , like victory of Brazil will be bad , that everyone is against brazil all this stuff , which is normal and all , but last days come something a bit more 'serious' a declaration of Blatter saying that "Brazil's victory will be 'UNHEALTHY' for Football. " , I leave you this one to think about it . I'm not yet saying nothing , just asking u to pay a bit of attention on brazil's games referees.

But this one coming from Italy........ And I've heard now somethin about economists , and which win would be interesting for them ....... tomorrow I make more comments , but it seems that there's a sort of already 'prepared' final.

Angela Harlem said:

who gives a shit?
:applaud:

Me. :(

That said well played Australia. We sat back too much and didn't take our chances when we could have. Takahara, unfortunately, is the best we've got at the moment up front but he was unfortunately not up to the mark today. The two on one where he misplaced the pass to Yanagisawa, when Schwarzer headed the ball to him, the numerous occasions he found himself in space, all wasted.

Naka's goal to me was legitimate though.

Anyway it will be difficult against Croatia and of course Brazil but I'll still be keeping the faith. It always bloody hurts to lose a match in the last six minutes though, especially one that was pretty even until Cahill's first.

randhail said:
slightly better perhaps, but way better is an overestimate.

The Czechs are a very skillful as well as a very strong side, I really enjoy watching them play and personally I rank them very highly, on their day they will cause major problems for any team....they are a dark horse team...in that I wouldn't be surprised if I saw them make it into the quarters and who knows maybe even the semis....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom