The Official Interference World Cup Thread - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know , fat Ronaldo is like an average player on dope.Don't wory bout him , he'll score minimum 7 goals

toscano said:

Italians have won it more than Germans I believe, and Argentinians just as often as Germans.

Italy and Germany have won it 3 times each, Argentina only twice, and I believe Germany and Brazil have appeared in the most finals.

Last edited:
So People back to discussion . What u guys think so far of the game ? My view , it looks like a bit of yesterdays opening , Paraguay is afraid of playing , England is only doing enough to win ..... They got a few good attacks , but few of them are really objectives .

Much more excited with Arg X I.Coast , what about ya all ?

LJT said:

Italy and Germany have won it 3 times each, Argentina only twice, and I believe Germany and Brazil have appeared in the most finals.

Hhhhmmm , Germany and Brazil made it to 7 finals each

It was so depressing being the only Irish guy in amongst loads of English people...my one small voice supporting Paraguay could not be heard:(

Dude I'm really disappointed , it's weird , I gonna put this in one sentence . in 2002 England played as a better team , but today when they do have a better team on paper they play like that . The 2nd half England almost pleaded for the draw goal , besides Ericsson changing offensive midfielders for desensive :eyebrow: Really , such a shame Santa Cruz was in a terrible day , just terrible , sometimes he looked like he was a english defenser .... no really , The english must thank to that ..... The only Parag. Player that wanted to play was Valdez and all ..... Really disappointed , I expected much better game .

Yeah like I said THE game of today is gonna be really Argentina X I.Coast.

J_NP said:
Dude I'm really disappointed , it's weird , I gonna put this in one sentence . in 2002 England played as a better team , but today when they do have a better team on paper they play like that . The 2nd half England almost pleaded for the draw goal , besides Ericsson changing offensive midfielders for desensive :eyebrow: Really , such a shame Santa Cruz was in a terrible day , just terrible , sometimes he looked like he was a english defenser .... no really , The english must thank to that ..... The only Parag. Player that wanted to play was Valdez and all ..... Really disappointed , I expected much better game .

Yeah like I said THE game of today is gonna be really Argentina X I.Coast.

It's not how you start a tournament, it's how you end it.

Germany are notoriously slow starters (though they'd wipe the floor with England based on their respective first performances). My own team, Italy started very slow when they last won in '82 and even lost their first match in '94 when they made it to the final.

The Paraguayans had some nice dribbling skills, but their passing was atrocious.

Of course, we know how it will end for England, see below

priceless.jpg

Face paint - £5.
Football shirt - £40.
The look on their faces when they get knocked out of yet another tournament...
PRICELESS.

Sweden should easily win, sounds like they are being pretty dominant so far.

Here are some World Cup questions for the experts or anyone with any knowledge of the game.

How many teams are in the World Cup?
What does a team have to do to get into the World Cup?
Do all 193 countries have soccer teams and a chance of entering the World Cup?
How long does a game last?
What do they do in the result of a tie?

the rockin edge said:

um...he was.

Some very interesting calls he made against Crouch. :huh: But no, England didn't play very well at all. They couldn't get much of anything going.

And speaking about not playing well, what on earth happened to Sweden?! Trinidad & Tobago put on a tremendous effort. Hislop was brilliant. I'm actually so glad they managed to get the draw, as they looked so excited when it was finally over. They just didn't give up!

Trinidad really deserved that...Sweden need to up their game, but I still don't really see beyond England and Sweden being the ones to progress....though hey upsets are always fun:p

That game was pretty much more exciting than the previous one. What a surprise , I bet anyone to come here having bet the score would be 0-0.

I wonder if that team of Trinidad had played yesterday with Germany , how it would've been :hmm:

the rockin edge said:

:lol:

post of the day!!

what a game :drool:

I still stand by it:p...Sweden should have easily won, and they were more dominant:p

Just T&T fought tooth and nail.

LJT said:

I still stand by it:p...Sweden should have easily won, and they were more dominant:p

Just T&T fought tooth and nail.

about the 75th minute i started thinking it was gonna end 0-0, because Sweden had so many times they should have scored but didn't...it just wasn't going to happen.

the rockin edge said:

about the 75th minute i started thinking it was gonna end 0-0, because Sweden had so many times they should have scored but didn't...it just wasn't going to happen.

So Did I , no actuallu around the 65th minute , I started to think no this is one of these games that the ball doesnt want to get in , it's gonna be 0-0.

England is lucky they didn't suffer the same fate as Sweden today. That game could easily have been 0-0 as well.

Argentina just got jacked (nice header off a long corner just crossed the goal line before the Ivory Coast keeper snagged it).

England Game - you are all missing the point!

Its the best start we could have hoped for and I will explain why.

Overall England were distinctly average but got 3 points. In the past we would have drawn.

Its a seven game tournament for the winners and runners up and ou have to progressively improve. You cant do that from thumping someone 3 or 4 nil opening game! We have loads of capacity to improve and as long as we do improve just enough each game thats all we need.

For the first time in a long time I never thought the opposition would score. Solid defence - covered well and a goalkeeper we can have confidence in ie not david james!

The Man Utd, Germany, and now Chelsea formula is to be successful by getting the right result even if you dont perform. I'll have some of that! thumbup

Crouch played well thumbup and was unlucky to be booked and Gerrards booking was a joke.

My only concern was the subs. Tactical? My arse! IF Owen was to be replace bring on fresh legs not played this season Walcott, keep the shape and frighten the fooj out of the opposition. Then take of cole for Downing to supply Crouch.

Hargreaves?...................No! Its a step back,its italien defending 1-0 its not our game and its poo! Play prem - go for it with a solid back 4 protecting the keeper and get 2 and then 3!!!

Its the best start we could have hoped for - keeps the team level headed, 3 points out of mediocrity and plenty of room to peak at the final thumbup

Sven, I can only put my faith in you and hope/pray you will get it right when it matters!!

It is coming home! thumbup

Maoilbheannacht said:
Here are some World Cup questions for the experts or anyone with any knowledge of the game.

How many teams are in the World Cup?
What does a team have to do to get into the World Cup?
Do all 193 countries have soccer teams and a chance of entering the World Cup?
How long does a game last?
What do they do in the result of a tie?

1. 32
2. Qualify through leagues within their area/confederation.
3. Yes
4. 90mins
5. 1 point each in the group stage or extra time and penalties to decide amatch in the knock out stage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom