The Official Interference World Cup Thread - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brazil has no defense (Croatia was better as a whole and deserved to tie at the very least).
Portugal is a joke (Angola outplayed them and deserved to not only tie them but outright beat them).
England is average and overrated as usual (should've been a tie game in all honesty).
France just can not seem to gel as a team (hard to believe with the talent they have too).
Germany has no defense at all (will not go far but even the German people know it).
In all honesty there really has only been a few teams that have impressed so far.

Dude , sorry but your comments make no sense .... 1st when u say that croatia was better and they deserved to tie but they didnt , you ARE saying that brazil's defense played well today then .

About the rest ....... well it's what is called opinion.

anitram said:

WTF is your problem?

I'm not Japanese, I don't give a half a crap how Japan does in this tournament or for that matter, Australia.

And I saw the game.

Some people here seriously need to relax.

ok heres how it is, when Aussies are around DONT EVER knock Australia at sport, we are far too proud for that, bagging Australians at sport will just get u a mouthful of crap from fans....it may not be fair but its the way it is

Just thought id post the current group standings and points for all to see- courtasy of www.fifaworldcup.com

Group A
1.Germany 3pts (4GF)
2.Ecuador 3pts (2GF)
3.Costa Rica 0pts
4.Poland 0pts

Group B
1.England 3pts
2.Sweeden 1pt
3.Trinidad & Tobago 1pt
4. Paraguary 0pts

Group C
1.Argentina 3pts (2GF)
2.Netherlands 3pts (1GF)
3.Ivory Coast 0pts
4.Serbia & Montenegro 0pts

Group D
1.Mexico 3pts (3GF)
2.Portugal 3pts (1GF)
2.Angola 0pts
4.Iran 0pts

Group E
1.Czech Republic 3pts (3GF)
2.Italy 3pts (2GF)
3.Ghana 0pts
4.USA 0pts

Group F
1.Australia 3pts (3GF) :happy:
2.Brazil 3pts (1GF)
3.Croatia 0pts
4.Japan 0pts

Group G
1.Korea 3pts
2.France 1pt
3.Switzerland 1pt
4.Togo 0pts

Group H
Yet to play

I've caught all of the games and I think most of the underdog teams have done themselves proud so far.

There hasn't been any real shocks like there was in the last tornement (like when France lost to Senegal for example).

So far I was impressed with Ecuador, I think in this tournement they showed the world why they are coming up through the South American ranks. Ghana and the Ivory Coast can be proud of their performance also.

I thought Australia played brilliantly, that was an exciting match, but I thought Croatia were great. I want Brazil and Croatia to qualify for the second round. Australia will have a difficult time against the Croats, for similar reasons why the USA find it difficult playing against Europeans- it's there qualifying region. Croatia as we saw last night always up their game against big teams, and because they are part of UEFA they reguarly play against top ranking teams. As much as I love Brazil (they are my favourite amongst the big teams) and Ronaldo, I thought they played poorly, especially Ronaldo. They played their typical 'walk-in-the-park' tactic early on but they never ignitited even after thier goal (this goal has my vote for goal of the tournement so far:wink: ). Croatia were unlucky not to equalize right at the end.

The Americans were throughly dissapointing (sorry guys), the Czechs I think have to be the most impressive for me so far. South Korea played well in the second half. Germany were solid. Italy I think played better than they have done in years. Considering Argentina some people's favorites after their youth side won the gold medal at the Olympics 2 years ago, I thought could have played better. Yeah England were crap in the second half, they always tend to underestimate teams, Paraguay are solid technically. The Dutch played well, Portugal were another dissapointment after their semi-final performance in Euro 2004. France are a joke. Mexico were good, and as for Trinidad/Tobago v Sweden- a highly entertaining match. I was so sorry when they had one of teir players sent off just after half time, after they held on for so long. But even with one man down they still held on :applaud:

And as for the commentary, I 'm so gald the presenters haven't been derrogatory comments about the underdogs playing against big teams (example: WC 2002 Italy v Croatia). In fact both the ITV and BBC have been very respectful to the unfancied teams, especcially Trinidad and the African teams. Sure they gloated over Brazil and they expected them to win, but they praised Croatia's performance last night.

zepher25 said:

ok heres how it is, when Aussies are around DONT EVER knock Australia at sport, we are far too proud for that, bagging Australians at sport will just get u a mouthful of crap from fans....it may not be fair but its the way it is

Speak for yourself.

I also think the opinions on Australias style of play are perfectly valid and mostly correct, and agree that it is their strategy to make up for a lack of cohesion, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. As long as they are playing tough and hard, not dirty and dangerous, it's fine. Of course there's a blurred line in the middle and of course there's going to be bias involved with calling which side of the line they fall on.

BRAZIL was a bit of a disappointment yesterday...except KAKA, DIDA & RUBINHO who came on for the non existent RONALDO. his game or shall i say his nogame was an insolance:down:

CROATIA was brave and deserved a better result. its a tough group and all will come down to a showdown for the 2nd place when AUSTRALIA & CROATIA clash in stuttgart.

im hanging onto a prayer that on sunday night Australia will take down Brazil that would be awsome and i would take to the streets of melbourne cheering and singing!!!!

Brasil:Croatia - I'm always surprised how for such a famous team, Brasil has a relatively weak defense. Croatia deserved a draw.

France:Switzerland: will the French score finally? Henry was good but they need goals. A fair tie IMO. Another missed penalty in first halftime in favour of France.

zepher25 said:

That doesn't give you an excuse to be rude.

Bonochick said:

One thing:

1. Don't be so rude.

Why, is what i said considered rude (it's not like i gave the finger...geez) but it's perfectly fine to call the Socceroo's hacks and animals just because they won the game against Japan fair and square?

fly so high! said:

Why, is what i said considered rude (it's not like i gave the finger...geez) but it's perfectly fine to call the Socceroo's hacks and animals just because they won the game against Japan fair and square?

People love to hate Australia in sport (as you know).

In this forum, you have to just suck it up. Apparently.

And does anyone know what the deal was with the ref admitting that Japan's goal shouldn't have been allowed, and that he had made a mistake? This was supposedly said during half-time.

But by all means, everyone, carry on. It looks lovely.
:up:

Two of Japan's players pushed Schwarzer and hindered him from getting the ball five meters before the goal. That's not allowed so the goal is irregular.

Angela Harlem said:

People love to hate Australia in sport (as you know).

In this forum, you have to just suck it up. Apparently.

And does anyone know what the deal was with the ref admitting that Japan's goal shouldn't have been allowed, and that he had made a mistake? This was supposedly said during half-time.

But by all means, everyone, carry on. It looks lovely.
:up:

Yes......thanks for the tip Angela!More on the ref below:

ref apologizes

What about that P.K. He didnt give for Japan , and the absolute lack of yellow cards in the game ?

fly so high! said:

I'm more concerned with people being rude to other members personally than to be rude about sports teams. However, if team or athlete bashing goes too far, then a reprimand will be necessary.

Wow, Spain-Ukraine was just brutal.
That said, the red card and the penalty were a mistake.

zepher25 said:
im hanging onto a prayer that on sunday night Australia will take down Brazil that would be awsome and i would take to the streets of melbourne cheering and singing!!!!

You're not the only one Zepher....I'm sure that during the game you'll be hearing me cheer on the Aussies from all the way in Israel....I'll be wearing my Australia cap and carrying my stuffed koala toy....

fly so high! said:

watch yourself fly so high they rule with an iron fist in here!

It was a good win for Australia - nothing wrong with their game - they are playing to their strengths and if they are playing foul its the refs job to sort it! Cahill is your key man as he is for Everton - quality quality player. Good luck to get something out of Croatia and Brazil.

Brazil was disappointing in their first game but they usually get better. I wouldn't be surprised to see them spray the Aussies with 2 or 3 and the game with Japan will probably be absolutely brutal.

I just don't understand how can you say Brazil has bad defence. After English and along with Italian it is the best defence on the tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom