The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread - PART 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dalton said:

That's retarded. I've got the game tivod. I've watched the replays 100 times.

1. Rooney didn't intentionally step on the player. Watch it. he puts his foot down as he tries to move to his left to get the ball back.

2. The ref was not going to card him for the step on the player. He got the card for the push.

3. We've seen WAY worse than the push in the quarters (not to mention the group phase).

4. I can't imagine the heat Ronaldo will take if he comes back to England.

You and Rooney are probably like two peas in a pod :up:

Zoomerang96 said:
rooney will be the new whipping boy...

this is argentina 98 all over again, 7ust replace beckham with rooney.

i'm in utter shock.

I doubt it - I don't think England will be as harsh on Rooney as they were on Beckham. Rooney will remain England's golden boy whereas a lot of English had it for Beckham even prior to '98

GO FRANCE!!!

Last edited:
He will be when United play away in the premier league next season, but nowhere near as much as ronaldo will be IF he stays at United.

I'm with Shearer. Ronaldo is going to get the crap kicked out of him next season. Now, where's my good friend Mr Machete...

Of course, once again it was Sven's negative 'tactics' that saw us exit on the dreaded penalties. Let's be honest, Portugal were very mediocre. If England were playing with a 4-4-2 formation, with Lennon on from the start instead of Beckham (who, sad to say, is a shadow of the player he used to be) and Lampard (who had a very poor tournament) dropped for Hargreaves (who was by far our best player today and should be nicknamed Duracell), we would have destroyed them.

Farewell Sven, and take your 4-5-1 bollocks with you.

And Brazil plays like same old crapola again during the first half...

They look so displicent that they pissed me off. Take the game seriously, damn it. :mad:

There is no team so far in the semifinals that has played an overall good tournament. The level of football in this World Cup sucks.

Brazil is awful again

Even with a better start up , it seems that something is missing , attitude is missing

Kaka is terrible on this game , they are needing a guy like Robinho to make the team move

While France is playin upon Brazil's mistake , Zidane is free to play the way he wants ....

J_NP said:
Brazil is awful again

Even with a better start up , it seems that something is missing , attitude is missing

Kaka is terrible on this game , they are needing a guy like Robinho to make the team move

While France is playin upon Brazil's mistake , Zidane is free to play the way he wants ....

The thing with Brazil is they will come out now and Ronaldo will score.

They will still suck but they will make it to the semis. :mad:

And by the way, Juan deserved a red card. If not for being the last man, for a rough foul.

I sense that France is gonna win this. Brazil has been crap so far. They don't look like a World Cup Champion. But then again, no one does this time :(

Last edited:
this game is just so terribly boring.. each side has like 2-3 shots at the goal, the only exciting (barely) times were when zidane is using a freekick. after seeing brazil's horrifyingly inept performance in the last 45 minutes, i actually started to root for france! brazil is so overrated, and frankly i am SICK of seeing ronaldinho practically everywhere i look! he's in like a gazillion different commercials and he hasn't actually done shit during the tournament. BOO!

all_i_want said:
this game is just so terribly boring.. each side has like 2-3 shots at the goal, the only exciting (barely) times were when zidane is using a freekick. after seeing brazil's horrifyingly inept performance in the last 45 minutes, i actually started to root for france! brazil is so overrated, and frankly i am SICK of seeing ronaldinho practically everywhere i look! he's in like a gazillion different commercials and he hasn't actually done shit during the tournament. BOO!

lol :wink:

U2@NYC said:

And by the way, Juan deserved a red card. If not for being the last man, for a rough foul.

No , it was as normal as this wc fouls , and he wasnt the last man

No, but it was a terrible and dangerous sliding tackle from behind. Those normally cost a red card too.

Why cant brazil play agan like they did with Japan , oh here comes the answer

Half of the bench was on

Everybody here wants Portugal to play with Brazil... but I'm not sure... I think they have better changes with France but both are really diffucult. I won't be disappointed if they lose. I'm already very very proud!

J_NP said:

No , it was as normal as this wc fouls , and he wasnt the last man

And all calls go Brazil's way in big games... any other team would have had their player sent off.

Please, I need a better second half... otherwise, I have wasted my Saturday in vain.

U2@NYC said:

And all calls go Brazil's way in big games... any other team would have had their player sent off.

Like Heinze in Mexicos ........ or Ayala

I do think there's one team that plays like a possible world champion: Italy

though I can't say they thrill me ... at all

first 15-20 minutes of France - Brasil were quite good
after that the first half was as boring as most matches in this WC are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom