The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread (and Party) - PART 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vincent Vega said:

I'm rather neutral and just hope for Germany getting the third place.
Our players have to grow up and gain some experience.

Yeah they have a lot of potential. If we can find a good goalkeeper to replace the outgoing ones, Euro 2008 would be fun to watch, and hopefully a success. As for now, good luck to the boys on Saturday.

Either way, both France and Italy deserve to be in the Finals and I for one am looking forward to a beautiful game.

Truth ....... :lmao: You really gotta love the sports thread sometimes .....

But it's okay then , just will remember your words in the weekend

Last edited:
I hoped for Australia versus Ghana with both winning the cup :wink:

Or Andorra, but there was a little problem seeing them in the final :D

@sraphim:
sraphim wrote: anyway... it's over now. I just hope next time they'll have more respect for our team, and most importantly, for our country
thanks for posting the Achilles link. this guy usually writes in satiric style. after reading the apology of SPIEGEL editorial staff i think the original but now deleted article was over the top. i didn't read the article. i'm sory for that. spiacente!

Barthez ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait for Sunday when the French make crepe suzettes out of the Italian Linguinis..............:wink: :tongue:

VIVE LA FRANCE!!!

jacobus said:
i'm sory for that. spiacente!
hey it's not your fault :wink:
and that Achilles guy, he received a lot of complaints from German readers too... I wouldn't blame an entire nation because of one stupid journalist anyway :wink:

@AchtungBono: can we make it "crèpes VS pizza"? :drool:

Last edited:
sraphim said:

hey it's not your fault :wink:
and that Achilles guy, he received a lot of complaints from German readers too... I wouldn't blame an entire nation because of one stupid journalist anyway :wink:

@AchtungBono: can we make it "crèpes VS pizza"? :drool:

SURE....I love pizza..........lol.

at what time exactly does the game itself start sunday? because I think I may be scheduled to go into work at 3:30 pm (EST). I may be a little late, dammit. :madwife:

I think I'm going for France, but if the spaghetti I'm making tonight is tasty enough, I may change my mind. :drool:

was great to see ronaldo cry.

Italy v France smells like a classic.

:ohmy: A english born player might actually win the world cup , Simone Perrotta.

Name: Simone Perrotta
DOB: 17 September 1977
Birth Place: Ashton, England
Club: Roma
Position: Midfielder
Height: 5 10

The game is at 19:00pm GMT - if that helps you.

I'm invited to a local bar where there will be serving unlimited drinks for only 10 bucks for the whole night!

Someone's going to be very drunk on Monday.......lol.

So Argentina will be in the final after all. :wink:

Horacio Elizondo from Argentina will ref the Italy - France final.

Go Elizondo!!! :D

Are you serious? Video based-refs? It'll never work with football. Maybe it works for american football, but it would take away from the flow of the game and make it a redicule. Every match would a farce, rather than the ones marred by controversy.

In hockey it takes waaay tooo long , and it football players will hamstring injuries for waiting too long.

Also it gives ya something to talk about.

With the video things u be disputing everything too.

AchtungBono said:
Barthez ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait for Sunday when the French make crepe suzettes out of the Italian Linguinis..............:wink: :tongue:

VIVE LA FRANCE!!!

:rockon: :applaud:

Bathez's a wall!

:D

I knew they would win. I just knew it!
Hope the final will rock :bonodrum: I want another reason to celebrate :dancing:

I missed all the excitement because I was sick, but remember when I said that every team I support ends up losing? Happened with England, and it happened with Germany! Okay, who do you guys want to lose in the finals? I'll support them because I don't mind who wins or loses either way. :wink:

bayernfc said:
Are you serious? Video based-refs? It'll never work with football. Maybe it works for american football, but it would take away from the flow of the game and make it a redicule. Every match would a farce, rather than the ones marred by controversy.
I think in the avarage match the ball is in play something like 65 minutes
there is no flow in football anymore

I'm not sure whether video-based umpiring would work
but it deserves a proper try
and this is as good a time as any

What you say of my Team of the Cup , though I have to say the 2002 team looked more exciting , the 2002 cup was more excitin , but thats not tha point , anyway .....

Buffon

Miguel
Cannavaro
R. Carvalho
Lahm

Maniche
Pirlo
Zidane

C Ronaldo
Klose
Henry

^^I agree with most of it, maybe just Podolski instead of C.Ronaldo who made a good WC but not enough to get into that team-

Or Vieira instead of Ronaldo and make it a 4-4-2.

The other 10 deserve to be there IMO.

I rather would support the idea of two referees on the field than the video stuff.

The once tested it playing a game with two referees and Pele said it worked very well.

Who do you think will win the Best player of the tournament and Best Young player?

Best Player - I'd go for Zidane, without him this French team wouldn't be in finals (or Cannavaro so Italians won't say i'm bitter ;) )

Best Young Player - Podolski (He was absolutely an unknown before the tournament and made a big impact unlike a certain C. Ronaldo)

GibsonGirl said:
Okay, who do you guys want to lose in the finals? I'll support them because I don't mind who wins or loses either way. :wink:

lol - I'm torn too, and I haven't seen much sentiment one way or the other in here except from the people from the 2 countries. With two relative underdogs in the finals, there's not much to dislike in either team. I'm just hoping for an exciting match.

GibsonGirl said:
I missed all the excitement because I was sick, but remember when I said that every team I support ends up losing? Happened with England, and it happened with Germany! Okay, who do you guys want to lose in the finals? I'll support them because I don't mind who wins or loses either way. :wink:

please cheer for Italy :wink:

<--would love you forever:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom