The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread (and Party) - PART 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
xaviMF22, i am not bitter towards portugal because england lost to them. :down:

J_NP said:

I forgot the word just as the player forgot the BALL , The guy forgot , he went only for the player , even if Ronaldo jumped a bit , just the fact someone pushed him , that's a penalty dude

just because he touched him, doesn't mean he pushed him. and ronaldo is constantly diving + it looked like a dive, so....

MacPhistoPT said:

Spain > Portugal = Preconception
Brazil > Portugal = Preconception
You're in the 1/4 or 1/2 of a World Cup or a European Cup and you say a team will win for sure = Preconception

:lol:

roy keane said:
There was a contact between Henry and Carvalio, but not that strong and after that Henry jumped in the pool.I can't belive nobody call him cheater.Well ,I'm then first to say Henry is cheater

Henry it's not portuguese. And he's on the winner's side. So why talk about him? Even if the penalty gave the only goal of the game? Even if in the 1/8, he also dived and won a free kick who gave the draw to France? NO!

:whistle:

J_NP said:

Ele disse Anie , eu tb vi essa 1a , depois vi a mesma com essa frase . Falar nisso uma duvida teu nome eh mesmo annie , ou tipo anita ou algo assim .....

O meu nome é Ana mesmo;)

Well... I hope they can beat Germany on saturday... I think I'll go out now other way I'll go nuts...

U2Man said:

Did I lied? :shrug: :angel:

:wink:

Now seriously dude...
Holland was better than Portugal
England was better than Portugal

...and?

euro2004

france was better than Greece
portugal was better than Greece

...and?

Preconceptions. Just preconceptions :wink: :wink:

Last edited:
Joao aq :)

I was thinkin bout that imagine if Portugal beat the host team , would still be a reason to celebrate , not only coz of the 3rd place , but for beatin the host ex-mighty team

J_NP said:
Again in the end of the day , wheres ntalwar , if I'm wrong it was him that I was discussin , anyway u saw mate how much did Zidane today , when Costinha was on him , I said didnt I , that he would be missed a lot

I think both defenses were pretty solid. Zidane still impressed with passing. He and Ronaldo drew 3 defenders a lot.

ntalwar said:

I think both defenses were pretty solid. Zidane still impressed with passing. He and Ronaldo drew 3 defenders a lot.

But thats what I said , Zidane would never again shine again like that with all that sweet space to think and all , sure he did some great passes , but that's the thing the guy's probably best of france ever , thats the least u could expect from him , but try to see if really caused any real threat to portugal

Hey, another thing I've been wanting to say....

....considering the amount of bullshit that all you German people in here (and we know you exist) have had to read from some of us during the last couple of weeks, I think it would be appropriate if we all thanked you for a moment. Thanked you for staying cool and not engaging in any bickering, even though it must have required a lot of self control at times.

Props to our German friends in here :up:

J_NP said:

but try to see if really caused any real threat to portugal

Well I don't know if C. Ronaldo caused any real threat to France either. Maybe the defenses are coached better then Brazil's.

what I've seen here is...

Barthez screws up once and he's got to be shot?

France has such a solid defense and their exits are superb too...

Sunday will be a great match (IF Italy plays as yesterday)

ntalwar said:

Well I don't know if Ronaldo caused any real threat to France either. Maybe the defenses are coached better then Brazil's.

aside from the play of day by Barthez :wink: That kid shoot at least 2 or 3 good kicks

U2Man said:

....considering the amount of bullshit that all you German people in here (and we know you exist) have had to read from some of us during the last couple of weeks, I think it would be appropriate if we all thanked you for a moment. Thanked you for staying cool and not engaging in any bickering, even though it must have required a lot of self control at times.

I'm still proud of the German team, regardless. They did a LOT better than anyone imagined. Football gets emotional...so thanks for the interesting conversations.

pepokiss said:

Once ..... I'm sure you havent seen his last years

pepokiss said:

France has such a solid defense and their exits are superb too...

Sunday will be a great match (IF Italy plays as yesterday)

Barthez must be the person in this world that is most happy about that defense currently. The only times that Portugal got chances of scoring were when Barthez made silly elementary mistakes.

The penalty kick was just. The so called non calls against the Chops were also just (as a matter of fact the ref should of booked the Chops for diving and crying). All in all, a really bad game by both teams. Italy will get their Euro 2000 revenge on the French. Germany will man-handle their way to a third place finish.

Dude , sure u watched the game , coz I didnt see any bad on it , save from the lack of goals , I'm thinkin ur comments a bit too much acid withou reason . And somethin tells me u are italian , and I gotta tella ya , please I would hate to root for France in the final , so try to not say "smart" things

bayernfc said:

I'm still proud of the German team, regardless. They did a LOT better than anyone imagined. Football gets emotional...so thanks for the interesting conversations.

I admit I was one of those who thought your team would be a joke. Congrats and good luck for Sat :up:

:sad: I had to go out of town for work and missed the whole game...and my fellow game posters!! Now I have to see if there is a replay of the game on somewhere...

annie_vox said:
Well I decided to stay to listen to Scolari... I liked what he said :up: he's on rage, but he's trying not to show it...

:hug:

I'm proud of him. And I'm proud of our team. We're the biggest surprises of the WC and we've gone plus far than England, Brazil, Netherlands, Argentina...

I wonder when will we win a title...? Maybe when Mourinho leads the team... :hyper: :eeklaugh:

Only thinking about those fucking Greeks... they weren't even able to go to this WC for God's sake! That day (the 2004 final) I was proud but really sad and with a lot of anger... today I'm just proud and a bit disapointed, at least I know we've lost with a better team :up:

that wasn't suc a great play! they frightened us to death, but, hell, they survived :)
i'm glad zidane's last game will be a world cup final, the man deserved it for all he gave us for the last 10 years ! he made us dream and i think he's a great man and player !

anyway, they'll have to play better to defeat italy on sunday, just like against brazil, THAT was a game ! Today there was too much fear of loosing on either part
Won't be getting much sleep tonight, there's too much noises outside... the whole counry is celebrating (at least Paris is )

The real sad thing is that if Brazil had played with the same spirit , vigor Portugal had today , I'm sure it would've been 3-1 . With brazil's quality and portugal's spirit , Barthez should have taken at least 3 goals ....

But again Brazil made easier for france , easier .... they practically turned on the party in French , they said "Ok France feel free to beat us " .... Shame Shame Shame .......

J_NP said:
The real sad thing is that if Brazil had played with the same spirit , vigor Portugal had today , I'm sure it would've been 3-1 . With brazil's quality and portugal's spirit , Barthez should have taken at least 3 goals ....

But again Brazil made easier for france , easier .... they practically turned on the party in French , they said "Ok France feel free to beat us " .... Shame Shame Shame .......

:hug: thank you for your support... really;) And I'm sure that in four years Brazil will return full strength... As for us, we have to start thinking about the Euro2008

U2Man said:

Thanks mate for the kind words.

For me it's just a game. I wouldn't hate anybody for saying something regarding to soccer.
I even wasn't sad when we lost the game, but laughed because they slept and invited Italy to score that goal.

I just state my point and laugh about people who take that game serious and are in grief even days after.
And I just try to understand the injustice, but nobody answers :wink:
Congrats to France.
I should go for France because otherwise Italy would've won on World Cup more than us, but I'm rather neutral and just hope for Germany getting the third place.
Our players have to grow up and gain some experience.

J_NP said:
Dude , sure u watched the game , coz I didnt see any bad on it , save from the lack of goals , I'm thinkin ur comments a bit too much acid withou reason . And somethin tells me u are italian , and I gotta tella ya , please I would hate to root for France in the final , so try to not say "smart" things

Sorry dude, can't understand what the hell you're saying or trying to say. And I really don't give a rats ass who you cheer for either. I just tell it like it is. Sorry if you can't handle the truth :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom