The Official Interference Super (it's two words, people) Bowl Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hate the Giants with every fiber of my being but, I must admit, Michael Strahan is a cool guy. Good for him.

Here's hoping the Giants cut Shockey and, as a result, much of my hatred. Can't stand that guy.

So can anyone answer me a basic football question?

Is it always a "sack" when the QB gets knocked down? Or is it only a "sack" under specific circumstances?

phillyfan26 said:
I think Belicheck figured that once he shook Coughlin's hand, he no longer needed to be there.

he was pretty upset

the Giants did a really good job covering up their signals

corianderstem said:
So can anyone answer me a basic football question?

Is it always a "sack" when the QB gets knocked down? Or is it only a "sack" under specific circumstances?

behind the line of scrimmage
where the football is hiked from

randhail said:

Thank you. Bill lost his fastball years ago and generally lives off the same old recycled stories. Fuck him and his nasally voice.

Agreed, and it's not just because 1/3 of his "National" stories are about Boston area sports. I'm just so tired of reading about his lame-ass friends and his Dad, it's, as you say, recycled crap. Go away.

I just spoke to MY Dad, a life-long Giants fan, he's kind of choked up, he's so happy. I'm thrilled for him. He said the only thing missing was not being able to watch with me.

Dad. :hug:

No spoken words said:

Agreed, and it's not just because 1/3 of his "National" stories are about Boston area sports. I'm just so tired of reading about his lame-ass friends and his Dad, it's, as you say, recycled crap. Go away.

I just spoke to my Dad, a life-long Giants fan, he's kind of choked up, he's so happy. I'm thrilled for him. He said the only thing missing was not being able to watch with me.

Congrats to you and your Dad.

No spoken words said:

I just spoke to my Dad, a life-long Giants fan, he's kind of choked up, he's so happy. I'm thrilled for him. He said the only thing missing was not being able to watch with me.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!! that is so cool!!! I am so happy for all the true giants fans who have hung in there all these years! Good for them!:wink:

BluRmGrl said:

The game's over when the clock runs out. I think the coach leaving the field before that time shows a piss poor example to his players. :)

Does Coughlin wandering onto the field before it's over set a poor example as well, or is it different?

The players aren't kids either.

3 Patriots forums are down.

I'm beginning to think that the government has banned the Pats from the internet due to their epic phailage.

BluRmGrl said:
They thought there was no way they could be beaten & the Giants outplayed them. It just gave the appearance to me of terribly sore loser.

That's BULLSHIT, from the top down. Bellichick is extremely critical of the team, and their mantra the whole season has been Eat Humble Pie.

Just because the media kept talking about them being the best ever doesn't mean they thought they were invincible.

coolian2 said:

Does Coughlin wandering onto the field before it's over set a poor example as well, or is it different?

The players aren't kids either.

No, it's no better an example - but at least you can chalk his up to exitement. I mean, David had just beaten Goliath. And I just don't except the "they're not kids" line of reasoning. The NFL expects certain behavior - on the field and off - from their players. I don't think coaches should be exempt from that, that's all.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not hating on the Patriots. I realize how hard they worked all year to get to this point and it's a gargantuan let down to have the final game slip through their fingers. I just think Belichick should have shown enough class to stand on the sidelines until the absolute end of the game - with his players, instead of trying to duck out ahead of everyone.

But, hey - what do I know about sports and sportsmanship? I'm just a dumb girl. :rolleyes:

I think I'll be able to have a better sense of humor about all of this tomorrow. :( All I can reflect on now is the terrible waste of time that was the 2007 season. Now I know how Lions fans feel.

Sean Taylor's dead

The only noteworthy thing that happened in the league itself (the Pats perfect year) has now been erased by...*shudder* the Giants

TWO Mannings with a SB ring. WTF.

The list goes on. See you in August; I couldn't care less about the pro bowl if I tried.

Last edited:
No spoken words said:

I just spoke to MY Dad, a life-long Giants fan, he's kind of choked up, he's so happy. I'm thrilled for him. He said the only thing missing was not being able to watch with me.

I'm happy for him too :)

giantswin.jpg

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hi5: :hyper: :hi5: :hyper: :hi5: :hyper: :hi5:

BluRmGrl said:

No, it's no better an example - but at least you can chalk his up to exitement. I mean, David had just beaten Goliath. And I just don't except the "they're not kids" line of reasoning. The NFL expects certain behavior - on the field and off - from their players. I don't think coaches should be exempt from that, that's all.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not hating on the Patriots. I realize how hard they worked all year to get to this point and it's a gargantuan let down to have the final game slip through their fingers. I just think Belichick should have shown enough class to stand on the sidelines until the absolute end of the game - with his players, instead of trying to duck out ahead of everyone.

But, hey - what do I know about sports and sportsmanship? I'm just a dumb girl. :rolleyes:

No you didn't. When did i make the suggestion that you didn't know anything, lol. Too funny. I'm almost disappointed you played a card, in this case the gender card which is usually a sign of having no more arguement.

Especially because i didn't have a response. So instead of me being the one who looks silly....

Anyway, my view of a lot of sportsmanship things are different from Americans, such as i can't bear all the carrying on from players after they sack someone or make a big tackle but have no trouble with running up the score on a shit opponent (if you aren't good enough to match up it's your own fault) and i wasn't too happy to see Belichick leaving before the game was over. My problem was with the gloaty way you brought it up, making it look as though only Belichick was carrying on like the game was over.

Back
Top Bottom