The OFFICIAL Interference POST-World Cup Thread (PART 8)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dad was born in Calabria!!! I love Italia, studied there for 2 years, love it love it love it!!!
FORZA ITALIA!

U2SJ said:
Dad was born in Calabria!!! I love Italia, studied there for 2 years, love it love it love it!!!
FORZA ITALIA!

Ah, perfetto. Quindi, possiamo parlare un po in italiano perche miei antenati sono adesso italiani :wink: (e anche io ho il passaporto italiano).

U2SJ said:
FORZA ITALIA!! Im still celebrating, hungover, but still celebrating!!
WHOOHOOO!!

Earn your own red card!

http://tonaz.altervista.org/zidane.html

What's the fun in that U2SJ :| specially after you either :

- Was called "dirty african pig" or
- Had your sister called "prostitute " 2x or
- Was called "dirty terrorist"

Or something like this worse

Well, I must be honest, I can't understand how Portugal was nominated as the most entertaining team of the WC. I'm proud of our performance, but this team, unlike 2000 or 2004, we really were not entertaining... at all...

Anyway, I know I've said this many times, but I can't stand how some people still talk about our dives, when almost everyone dived. At least, our dives didn't have a direct influence on any result, while others... (Italy, France...)
In addition, it's ridiculous to talk about all the team when only a few players dive... Cristiano Ronaldo -a genius kid but he still has to grow up in some aspects-, Pauleta, Simão Sabrosaand the useless Postiga. People talk about Deco and Figo... sincerely, I don't recall anything.

No one takes out of my head the idea that Portugal are so blamed just because we eliminated England and the "fashion" Netherlands. Sorry...

And yesterday... well, Zidane attitude was a shame, but Materazzi is a prick and we all know that. He should be banned, he's a shame to football. Just watch those videos... Unfortunately Nesta:drool: was injured...

Found the reason , why the Entert. award ......

Though it's not really coz of the players

scolari1.jpg
scolari3.jpg
scolari2.jpg

Ever saw SNF .....

Now this is one is the Sunday Night Fever :lmao:

Last edited:
Miguel had to leave the game because he had something with his leg.
So it was no diving, he just got injured. Not by another player, maybe he twisted his knee or something.

But nobody leaves the game when there is nothing.

^ Right - the announcers are simply saying Pauleta is asking for a penalty on that play.

Ouch , there has been another possible reason , and this one looks worse than all . From wikipedia :

-- Reportedly, the deaf forensic lip-reader Jessica Rees was employed to analyze the video sequences with the help of an Italian translator. According to these reports, Materazzi spoke in Italian - a language understood by Zidane due to his time spent with Juventus F.C. - and first told him: "Hold on, wait, that one's not for a ****** like you." As the players walked forward, Materazzi allegedly said: "We all know you are the son of a terrorist whore." Then, just before the headbutt, he was seen saying: "So just fuck off." --

If it was really like this , if it was me I would have broken the nose of the fella :mad:

Last edited:
J_NP said:
Ouch , there has been another possible reason , and this one looks worse than all . From wikipedia :

-- Reportedly, the deaf forensic lip-reader Jessica Rees was employed to analyze the video sequences with the help of an Italian translator. According to these reports, Materazzi spoke in Italian - a language understood by Zidane due to his time spent with Juventus F.C. - and first told him: "Hold on, wait, that one's not for a ****** like you." As the players walked forward, Materazzi allegedly said: "We all know you are the son of a terrorist whore." Then, just before the headbutt, he was seen saying: "So just fuck off." --

If it was really like this , if it was me I would have broken the nose of the fella :mad:

Wow. He said that?

it's not often those lip readers are far off the mark

i have no problem believing Materazzi said this to Zidane
Zidane deserved a red card
Materazzi deserves anything he can get

Materazzi was asked by the press what he said to him after the game and he just said "Ciao guys. We're world champions!" I guess he was afraid of FIFA penalties.

I liked what Domenech said: "Materazzi is the player of the game, not Pirlo. He took out Zidane and scored two goals."

Ah, ok, didn't get that.

But I can understand, he didn't see what happened, so clearly he thinks there happened a foul.

MacPhistoPT said:
our dives didn't have a direct influence on any result, while others... (Italy, France...)

THAT IS A FACT.

Add to that that the accusations of fights don't make any sense. While we had players sent off due to a second yellow card, we didn't have anyone snet off with a direct red card due to violent behaviours. England, France and Italy can't say the same, as we all remember the violence of the acts of rooney, zidane and de rossi.

But these are facts, and i don't think anyone here is interested in facts. Everybody is more interested in creating myths and legends (...ohh children run away, here comes the portuguese team, they're evil and cheaters...) ... well, i believe it's the cost of challanging the order of the supposed big teams of the world as we did so well, and the same will happen when we'll beat england again for the 5th time in a row in major competitions, but that is really nothing compared to the achieved result.

Last edited:
I didn't watch the video of the portuguese team on youtube and it was removed... can someone tell me what it was all about? (Well... in fact I think I know... but still I would like a description)

Salome said:
it's not often those lip readers are far off the mark

I think the UK Guardian and Times both employed lip readers and
both had different accounts of what he said, although a couple
words were common in both.

annie_vox said:
I didn't watch the video of the portuguese team on youtube and it was removed... can someone tell me what it was all about? (Well... in fact I think I know... but still I would like a description)

It was a English sports telecast where they ran a clip called
"Portuguese Antics" (with comments) after the France game.
They showed some dives.

The fact that Shitdane got sent off did not change the outcome of the game. The French still pressed forward and like all other teams could not score. Shitdane would've taken a penalty kick at the end and he would've scored. Trezeguet still would've taken his kick and missed leading to an Italian win so what's the big deal. A bigger pisser is giving Shitdane the Golden Ball award but we all know what he can do with it :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom