The OFFICIAL Interference POST-World Cup Thread (PART 8)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J_NP said:
:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :huh:

I dont know if this was put before here but anyway .....

who understand german , check this

http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball/0,1518,426180,00.html

In a nutshell , the most respected german magazine Der Spiegel , is sayin that according to same Article 55 NtalWar reminded , If there was indeed a racist insult , Italy can lose the game .... therefore :

The TITLE

Though to me this wont go anywhere , dont think Fifa would be able to do somethin that drastic

Through goog translat

Free of doubts if the wording of its offense is proven to the 32-Jährigen, hard consequences possibly threaten it and its team. Only in March this yearly decided the Fifa to a conference new punishments against racism. In the article 55, paragraph 4 of the Fifa Disciplines is called it: “Behavior player, official one of federations or clubs as well as spectators in any form discriminating against or contempting for human beings in accordance with exp. 1 and/or 2 of this article, then become the crew concerned, if zuordbar, with a first passing automatically three points taken off. (...) In plays without point assignment the appropriate crew becomes disqualified ”

That's what I thought and why I asked if there was prove of what Materazzi (damn, every time I make the same typo with that name : Mazeratti) said to Zidane and if so that there could be trouble.

Not that I think anything is gonna happen.

First of all, I don't think there is any proof.

The only two that (might) know what was said, are Materazzi and Zidane.
And maybe even they don't remember it clearly.
It's quite easy to mishear something.
Or forget things.
(Under the influence of alcohol (which more than likely was consumed after the win by Materazzi) or illegal substances (did that story about some footballers using "dope" in the Spanish competition really get printed???) :wink:

We already know that one of the two (Materazzi) for sure ain't gonna tell the truth.
And Zidane isn't going to tell either.
'Cause he's probably well aware of what will happen/ the consequences (suspension for Materazzi, and perhaps disqualification of the entire Italian team), if he does.
The head butt wasn't good for his image.
Telling will make it even worse.

All I can see him doing, is come out and say that his reaction was wrong, that he shouldn't have done it and that he apologizes for such horrible behaviour.

Last edited:
sraphim said:
il futuro del calcio in Italia? that's a though question :wink:
some people are asking for AMNISTIA but I would hate if it ended like this. just because we won the cup it doesn't mean that everything's alright... I mean, I'll be sad to see almost all players of the national team leave... and I'll be sad for the fans, too... but someone's got to pay :shrug:
la Juventus dovrebbe andare in serie C1, Milan - Lazio - Fiorentina in serie B, e tutte avrebbero dei punti di penalizzazione
(hope you understood - I don't know how well you can speak Italian :D )

E il Lecce diventa campione de la serie A !!!

Crazy. :wink:

Miringeltje said:

That's what I thought and why I asked if there was prove of what was Materazzi (damn, every time I make the same typo with that name : Mazeratti) said to Zidane and if so that there could be trouble.

Not that I think anything is gonna happen.

Let's hope not.
'Cause that ain't gonna be pretty.

It cannot happen.

Not because it shouldnt. But because it will be the biggest scandal in football history. And FIFA will not allow that, as it has been embarassed enough (for its own fault) and does not want to continue to be embarassed.

The most extreme measure they could take would be to replay the final, but that alone would be a mess. So, probably, we would see Materazzi suspended for something like 4 games, which will be completely irrelevant.

U2@NYC said:

It cannot happen.

Not because it shouldnt. But because it will be the biggest scandal in football history. And FIFA will not allow that, as it has been embarassed enough (for its own fault) and does not want to continue to be embarassed.

The most extreme measure they could take would be to replay the final, but that alone would be a mess. So, probably, we would see Materazzi suspended for something like 4 games, which will be completely irrelevant.

As much of that happening as there is of Zidane going to jail for assault, which would be the outcome if I headbutted someone like he has done twice now

toscano said:

As much of that happening as there is of Zidane going to jail for assault, which would be the outcome if I headbutted someone like he has done twice now

Ok, let's send Zidane to jail and replay the final. :wink:

By the way, the title is 1/23rd Argentine as Camoranesi was born in Argentina... :wink:

Damn, I should really learn to edit a bit quicker.

I'm sorry, U2@NYC.
You probably didn't see that I changed my earlier post (you reacted upon).

Last edited:
J_NP said:

What's the fun in that U2SJ :| specially after you either :

- Was called "dirty african pig" or
- Had your sister called "prostitute " 2x or
- Was called "dirty terrorist"

Or something like this worse

Or none of the above. We don't know. The only ones who know FOR SURE are Materazzi and Zidane, and they haven't said. Sheesh.

And no, the headbutt is NOT the appropriate response for a professional, or for a civilized human being for that matter. Haven't you ever trash talked with anyone ?

If every time someone who's called a name or is on the receiving end of a "your momma/your sister" comment did what zidane did there would be complete and utter mayhem.

U2@NYC said:

By the way, the title is 1/23rd Argentine as Camoranesi was born in Argentina... :wink:

If I was "funny" and wanted to do a joke to piss args , I would say "It's the only way you either see an argentinian on final ( Elizondro ) or Champion (Camor. ) " , but I won't do that :wink:

I was thinkin bout the same , so what would be like , a final without Zizou and Materazzi ..... or would he able to play :hmm:

annie_vox said:
I don't think Zidane will ever say anything about it... But I wish he would just to end the speculations... Because I've heard babout five by now...

I'm still awaiting Zidane's public apology.

J_NP said:
This story is away from ending , actually is begginin Part II , set for Euro qualfs. :

combo--280x190.jpg

Don't know much about "The sun" do ya ?

They are to journalism what Zidane is to turning the other cheek

J_NP said:

If I was "funny" and wanted to do a joke to piss args , I would say "It's the only way you either see an argentinian on final ( Elizondro ) or Champion (Camor. ) " , but I won't do that :wink:

I was thinkin bout the same , so what would be like , a final without Zizou and Materazzi ..... or would he able to play :hmm:

Be careful, J_NP, this is probably the worst World Cup for Brazilians to make fun of anyone... :wink:

We'll meet in the Copa America next year... :evil: And Messi will play this time (I hope...).

I'm buying Elizondo's t-shirt to celebrate. :D

toscano said:

And no, the headbutt is NOT the appropriate response for a professional, or for a civilized human being for that matter. Haven't you ever trash talked with anyone ?

Last time I heard talk trash , doesnt include racist comments or call someone terrorist , specially in a football game ...... but again , " there's the DOUBT"

But Toscano , if we go again with the 'theory' : Materazzi is a :angel: Zidane a :macdevil: , and " we put the doubt in favor of Mat "

That link of Youtube would have to be put again here and seen

U2@NYC said:

And there are many many Argentinians of italian blood, and gattuso is married to a Scot, and the best German players were poles, and the aussies are Croationa/Italian, and Perrotta was born in England, and and and.........

:wink:

toscano said:

And there are many many Argentinians of italian blood, and gattuso is married to a Scot, and the best German players were poles, and the aussies are Croationa/Italian, and Perrotta was born in England, and and and.........

True, but Camoranesi played in Argentina for something like 24 years and got his Italian passport like 2 years ago. So, he is more Argentine than Italian, by far...

Technically, I could play for the Italian team... andiamo gli azzurri! Io ho il passaporto italiano. :D

U2@NYC said:

Be careful, J_NP, this is probably the worst World Cup for Brazilians to make fun of anyone... :wink:

We'll meet in the Copa America next year... :evil: And Messi will play this time (I hope...).

I'm buying Elizondo's t-shirt to celebrate. :D

You see I said , I won't do that ...... :wink:

Will we have a Am Cup , hope it gets better and exciting , it's starting to get boring always the fight BRA X ARG , if only Ecuador acts like in the WC or some other team gets better ..... sometimes I wish we had a tourn. like EuroCup , but if such , like Bra and Arg were europeans would be another WC

Bring on the kid , I'm sure his 'buddy Ro' will have good reasons to be great :wink:

J_NP said:

Last time I heard talk trash , doesnt include racist comments or call someone terrorist , specially in a football game ...... but again , " there's the DOUBT"

But Toscano , if we go again with the 'theory' : Materazzi is a :angel: Zidane a :macdevil: , and " we put the doubt in favor of Mat "

That link of Youtube would have to be put again here and seen

no one said Materazzi is a saint, but this kind of trash talking goes on all the time in pro sports

And I repeat, we do NOT know what was said, Materazzi has said he did NOT call anyone a "son of a terrorist whore", and zidane hasn't said a thing, although a public apology would be in order.

Still, if some obscure lip reader and "the sun" say it's true, well it must be. All we need now is for Fox sports to say it's true and that will seal it 100%.

U2@NYC said:

True, but Camoranesi played in Argentina for something like 24 years and got his Italian passport like 2 years ago. So, he is more Argentine than Italian, by far...

Technically, I could play for the Italian team... andiamo gli azzurri! Io ho il passaporto italiano. :D

Technically so could I. I could actually play for 3 different teams (if I was any good that is).

Looks like he made a wise choice !

It wasn't only the Sun , it was also BBC , TV Channel Globo , French Television

J_NP said:
It wasn't only the Sun , it was also BBC , TV Channel Globo , French Television

looks like they're all reporting the same speculative non-fact then doesn't it ?

Actually not the same , Globo claims Materazzi called Zidane's sister of wh...... 2x and such , there are some differences

BTW hey Pablo , no sey se te contei , pero mi nombre es lo mesmo del primeiro dello camisa 10 de su time

I thought this was interesting:

The main sponsors of soccer icon Zinedine Zidane rallied around the retiring France football captain on Tuesday despite his dismissal for head-butting an opponent in the closing stages of Sunday's World Cup final.

I suppose the French public, at least, is very forgiving and feel at least a little bit that the headbutt was justified.

toscano said:

Don't know much about "The sun" do ya ?

They are to journalism what Zidane is to turning the other cheek

Actually, to me it (the images/movie clip) looks like Zidane was considering to just let it slide.
His head butt seems to come out of nowhere (comes as a surprise).
Both players were walking away from each other, after one held the other by the shirt.
Evidently he changed his mind (when something was said), so he turned around and BOOMCHA!! ( :lol: Just couldn't help but throw that in there!)

J_NP said:
Actually not the same , Globo claims Materazzi called Zidane's sister of wh...... 2x and such , there are some differences

BTW hey Pablo , no sey se te contei , pero mi nombre es lo mesmo del primeiro dello camisa 10 de su time

This is just getting stupider by the minute

Different long distance video lip readers reporting different things, and everyone is buying it when zidane himself hasn't said anything like that. speculation why ? Becaus eMaterazzi probably said nothing like that and zidane knows he'll be seen as nothing more than apetulant thug if it turns out it was nothing more than a your momma type comment

Personally i really don't care what materazzi said, you just can not rationalize violence on the pitch, and you can't screw up your own team with a few minutes to go over some personal vendetta

until he apologies publicly or comes out and says what is was Materazzi said, he'll be seen as nothing more than a hot-headed fool.

If he was so badly abused as it appears the lip reading community and The Sun thinks is possible then that apology will only cement his standing as one of the great football stars and now the most high profile too.

U2@NYC said:

Technically, I could play for the Italian team...

Talkin bout , what you say of thisssssssss .......

camsdin.jpg

Nao se acanhe tb nos elogios annie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom