The OFFICIAL Interference POST-World Cup Thread (PART 8)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Achtung Joshua! said:
The fact that Shitdane got sent off did not change the outcome of the game. The French still pressed forward and like all other teams could not score. Shitdane would've taken a penalty kick at the end and he would've scored. Trezeguet still would've taken his kick and missed leading to an Italian win so what's the big deal. A bigger pisser is giving Shitdane the Golden Ball award but we all know what he can do with it :wink:
125e067ac32841a86fc20e71015e584b.gif

:wink:

I wonder if we'll ever know the whole truth about the incident, but if some of the rumours are true, I think Zidane showed remarkable restraint. He is without any doubt one of the all time greats, & should be remembered for his brilliance.

Achtung Joshua! said:
The fact that Shitdane got sent off did not change the outcome of the game. The French still pressed forward and like all other teams could not score. Shitdane would've taken a penalty kick at the end and he would've scored. Trezeguet still would've taken his kick and missed leading to an Italian win so what's the big deal. A bigger pisser is giving Shitdane the Golden Ball award but we all know what he can do with it :wink:

:|

You mean ZIDANE right? I got some problems reading the name you wrote.

I think the Italians were an embarrassing team from start to finish.

After a lackluster group stage in which they had a hard time beating the US for Christ sakes, they went on to beat Australia with a penalty at the 93 mind. What the hell is that?

They were lucky enough to be paired against Ukraine while the other teams fended off against real teams.

Then this whole Materazzi incident that shows absolutely no class and a man who will stoop at any level to get what he wants. I can think of so many better teams than Italy and it's a shame they are champions. This WC will always have a sour taste in my month because football didn't win it for them, it was their luck and their no-shame-in-stooping-low to psyche out their rivals.

Pathetic and disgusting. Worst champions ever.

U2@NYC said:

Ah, perfetto. Quindi, possiamo parlare un po in italiano perche miei antenati sono adesso italiani :wink: (e anche io ho il passaporto italiano).

Ciaaaaaaao!! Festa x tutti!!
Ma potete evitare di dire forza italia? e il nome del partito di Berlusconi...

BrownEyedBoy said:
I think the Italians were an embarrassing team from start to finish.

After a lackluster group stage in which they had a hard time beating the US for Christ sakes, they went on to beat Australia with a penalty at the 93 mind. What the hell is that?

They were lucky enough to be paired against Ukraine while the other teams fended off against real teams.

Then this whole Materazzi incident that shows absolutely no class and a man who will stoop at any level to get what he wants. I can think of so many better teams than Italy and it's a shame they are champions. This WC will always have a sour taste in my month because football didn't win it for them, it was their luck and their no-shame-in-stooping-low to psyche out their rivals.

Pathetic and disgusting. Worst champions ever.

:eyebrow:

bedouin fire said:

THAT IS A FACT.

Add to that that the accusations of fights don't make any sense. While we had players sent off due to a second yellow card, we didn't have anyone snet off with a direct red card due to violent behaviours. England, France and Italy can't say the same, as we all remember the violence of the acts of rooney, zidane and de rossi.

But these are facts, and i don't think anyone here is interested in facts. Everybody is more interested in creating myths and legends (...ohh children run away, here comes the portuguese team, they're evil and cheaters...) ... well, i believe it's the cost of challanging the order of the supposed big teams of the world as we did so well, and the same will happen when we'll beat england again for the 5th time in a row in major competitions, but that is really nothing compared to the achieved result.

Perfect :up:

The actions of both Materazzi and Zidane were wrong. They were both at fault.

Actually, Zidane's response to a racial slur is almost more sad. It's a poor message for a grown adult male to be sending to impressionable young fans on how to respond to ignorant small-minded insults.

This story is away from ending , actually is begginin Part II , set for Euro qualfs. :

combo--280x190.jpg

bedouin fire said:

THAT IS A FACT.

Add to that that the accusations of fights don't make any sense. While we had players sent off due to a second yellow card, we didn't have anyone snet off with a direct red card due to violent behaviours.
I don't think anyone has accused Portugal of violent behaviour

really though, you can't tell me it adds something to football to look at diving players who seem more worried about provoking than about scoring goals?

the thing is
Portugal does have a quality side that can play some wonderful football
I even do think it was fair enough Portugal beat The Netherlands
but the way half the team played didn't do Portugal any favours

lady luck said:

quoto.
dai, tanto ci siamo abituati... ormai le accuse di esser mafiosi e imbroglioni sono all'ordine del giorno... :wink:
e comunque la gioia di esser campioni del mondo non ce la toglie nessuno... che dicano quello che je pare :D

oh and that Gallas guy... he made some cleaver statements today: "all italians are cheaters, they always cheat when they know they can't win". :|
I bow in front of your good sportsmanship mr Gallas... bravo!
and his friend Thuram made similar statements just a few hours ago... the only difference is that Gallas even threatened to hit Materazzi... should we turn the soccer field into a wrestling ring? :shrug:

Last edited:
Poiché stiamo parlando l'italiano, posso chiedere , avere notizie circa futuro del calcio

e che sara il campioni di 05/06

Last edited:
il futuro del calcio in Italia? that's a though question :wink:
some people are asking for AMNISTIA but I would hate if it ended like this. just because we won the cup it doesn't mean that everything's alright... I mean, I'll be sad to see almost all players of the national team leave... and I'll be sad for the fans, too... but someone's got to pay :shrug:
la Juventus dovrebbe andare in serie C1, Milan - Lazio - Fiorentina in serie B, e tutte avrebbero dei punti di penalizzazione
(hope you understood - I don't know how well you can speak Italian :D )

oh about the players:
il Real Madrid vuole Cannavaro e Zambrotta, il Chelsea vuole Cannavaro, il Manchester United vuole Pirlo e Gattuso, il Milan (se non andrà in serie B) vuole Buffon, l'Inter vuole Toni... e tutti vogliono Lippi :D

Last edited:
Yeah yeah I got most of all , specially coz I had a little of insight on that , except this word avrebbero , is something like "will have" right ......

che é vostro squadra amico

I heard Real - > Cannav. and Buffor , or Buffon for Barcelona

And about the brazilians , the info I have is

Solo Cafu acetta giocar Serie B .....

Last edited:
have the results of the match fixing trail been announced yet ?

update meee

annie_vox said:
I think italian is such a beautiful language! I have to learn it someday... Sorry about the off topic:wink:

I think the italians are such beautiful ladies :wink: And so are the portuguese ones .... oh dear ... Without mention that lovely adorabelissima dance they do :wink:

I liked this article...

The French Hero who was, ultimately, just a Man.

BY BERNARD-HENRI LEVY

PARIS--Here is one of the greatest players of all time, a legend, a myth for the entire planet, and universally acclaimed. Here is a champion who, in front of two billion people, was putting the final touches on one of the most extraordinary sagas in soccer's history.

Here is a man of providence, a savior, who was sought out, like Achilles in his tent of grudge and rage, because he was believed to be the only one who could avert his countrymen's fated decline. Better yet, he's a super-Achilles who--unlike Homer's--did not wait for an Agamemnon (in the guise of coach Raymond Domenech) to come begging him to re-enlist; rather, he decided himself, spontaneously, after having "heard" a voice calling him, to come back from his Spanish exile and--putting his luminous armor back on, and flanked by his faithful Myrmidons (Makelele, Vieira, Thuram)--reverse the new Achaeans' ill fortune and allow them to successfully pull together.

And then this valiant knight who is a hair's breadth from victory and just minutes from the end of a historic match (and of a career that will carry him into the Pantheon of stadium-gods after Pelé, Platini and Maradona); this giant who, like the Titans of the ancient world, has known Glory, then Exile, then Return and Redemption; this redeemer, this blue angel dressed in white, who had only the very last steps to scale to enter Olympus for good, commits a crazy incomprehensible act that amounts to disqualification from the soccer ritual--the final image of him that will go down in history and, in lieu of apotheosis, will cast him into hell.

No one knows, as I write, what actually happened on the field of Berlin's Olympic Stadium.

No one knows what the Italian, Marco Materazzi, did or said (in the 111th minute of a match that this hero had dominated with all his grace) to reawaken in him those old demons of a kid from the streets of Marseilles, the very demons that soccer's code of honor, its ethic, its aesthetic, are made to quell.

Even if we knew why; even if we knew for certain that the Italian insulted him, or cursed his mother, father, brothers, sister; even if we got hold of the black box of those 20 seconds that saw the champion destroy in a flash his legend that is a mix of secret king, a Dostoyevskian sweet man, the ideal Beur son-in-law, future mayor of Marseilles and, last but not least, the charismatic captain leading his troops to consecration; even if we knew the whole story, this suicide would be as all ordinary suicides are; no reason in the world explains the desperate act of a man--no provocation, no nasty remark, will ever tell us why the planetary icon that Zinedine Zidane had become, a man more admired than the Pope, the Dalai Lama and Nelson Mandela put together, a demigod, a chosen one, this great priest-by-consensus of the new religion and the new empire in the making, chose to explode right there, rather than wait a few minutes to settle the quarrel on the sidelines.

No. The truth is that it is perhaps not so easy to stay in the skin of an icon, demigod, hero, legend.

The only plausible explanation for so bizarrely scuttling everything--which, remember, let a lot of time go by (the 20 long seconds following the Italian Machiavelli's undoubtedly calculated outrage) in order to concentrate itself into the outburst of a player who was out of breath and stupidly losing control of his nerves--the only explanation is that there was in this man a kind of recoil, an ultimate inner revolt, against the living parabola, the stupid statue, the beatified monument, that the era had transformed him into over these past few months.

The man's insurrection against the saint. A refusal of the halo that had been put on his head and that he then, quite logically, pulverized with a head-butt, as though saying: I am a living being not a fetish; a man of flesh and blood and passion, not this idiotic empty hologram, this guru, this universal psychoanalyst, natural child of Abbé Pierre and Sister Emanuelle, which soccer-mania was trying to turn me into.

It was as though he were repeating, in parody, the title of one of the very great books of the last century, before the triumph of this liturgy of the body, performance and commodity: Ecce Homo, This is a Man. Yes, a man, a true man, not one of these absurd monsters or synthetic stars who are made by the money of brand names in combination with the sighs of the globalized crowd.

Achilles had his heel. Zidane will have had his--this magnificent and rebellious head that brought him, suddenly, back into the ranks of his human brothers.

(Mr. Lévy is the author of "American Vertigo" (Random House, 2006). This piece was translated from the original French by Hélène Brenkman.)

avrebbero means "will have" :yes:

yeah I think a lot of teams will ask for Buffon in the near future... :wink:
I guess we'll have to wait for the trial to finish, I have no idea how long it will take... it's been a month already :shrug:
I'm a fan of Milan, so it'll be sad for me to see them back in serie B... and I'll be sadder if Gattuso and Pirlo will leave because I love them both... but I also want a clean soccer, so I won't complain too much :)

annnnd... thank you for the compliment J_NP :D

^^ The article is very good indeed... In the end it's all about the human nature that makes us do unexpected things that we never thought we could do. The same nature that makes our idols do things that we never thought they could do. But all can be forgiven if we just remember that they're like any of us after all... I like the sound of the human hero who has some weakness, but is still a hero. That's what makes us believe that one day we can be a hero too, or maybe we already are for someone.

J_NP said:

I think the italians are such beautiful ladies :wink: And so are the portuguese ones .... oh dear ... Without mention that lovely adorabelissima dance they do :wink:

I guess it's all about the latin blood:wink:

Yes Indeed and let's not forget again , Zidane wasn't the 1st or last one , we have to remember Garrincha , Maradona and even Pele lost it once . Though Maradona was more than once ...... :wink:

E la cosa bizarra é la falta dellos classicos , non avra Milan X Inter o Milan X Juve , chesto é terribile per calcio

Last edited:
:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :huh:

I dont know if this was put before here but anyway .....

who understand german , check this

http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball/0,1518,426180,00.html

In a nutshell , the most respected german magazine Der Spiegel , is sayin that according to same Article 55 NtalWar reminded , If there was indeed a racist insult , Italy can lose the game .... therefore :

The TITLE

Though to me this wont go anywhere , dont think Fifa would be able to do somethin that drastic

Through goog translat

Free of doubts if the wording of its offense is proven to the 32-Jährigen, hard consequences possibly threaten it and its team. Only in March this yearly decided the Fifa to a conference new punishments against racism. In the article 55, paragraph 4 of the Fifa Disciplines is called it: “Behavior player, official one of federations or clubs as well as spectators in any form discriminating against or contempting for human beings in accordance with exp. 1 and/or 2 of this article, then become the crew concerned, if zuordbar, with a first passing automatically three points taken off. (...) In plays without point assignment the appropriate crew becomes disqualified ”

Last edited:
To German fans here (yeah the 2-3 of you!), what do you think of Klinsmann leaving the team?

I for one, hope they continue with the attractive attacking style they started. Also, if he takes that U.S. job, more than a few people are going to be furious.

All you German-bashers.....move along....nothing to see here. :wink:

Seems google improved its translation software. The first time a translated text is understandable.

In the next paragraph the article says if there is clear evidence of what Materazzi said, the Fifa could disqualify the Italian team, if they interpretate the article 55 that way.
So many "ifs" and I think the Fifa will think about the decision verly hard and thinkabout what a disqualification would mean.
At the moment it's only theory and the Fifa doesn't investigate.
As long as there are so many lipreaders, and everybody reads something different it would be pointless to investigate since there is no clear evidence.

Of course the Fifa is able to take the title, but I think the disadvantages of such an action are greater than the advantages.

It's sad, of course, That Klinsmann leaves the team.
But for him it's probably the best way.
You know how disrespectful many people, officials and average people, talked about him and his methods after every game we lost. The same people now wanted him to stay and said only the best of him, like Mayer-Vorfelder or Beckenbauer, or they just shut up, like Hoeneß.
And he knows that when he e.g. loses against Ireland or isn't successful at the EM people just will go 180° and bash him again.

So I think for him it's the best time to leave.
But I hope the German team will go on playing like that and the next coach, maybe Löw, will stay en route and be as wilfully as Klinsmann whenever the DFB or someone else tries to make the decisions again.

Last edited:
That's exactly what I was thinking. The press and DFB can turn against him in a second and don't even get me started on Beckenbauer. I think Löw can go on with the same style. Hope to catch a match atleast in 2008.

As for the Italy game, I don't think Fifa will go through a drastic measure like that, but there better be suspensions.

Vincent Vega said:
Seems google improved its translation software. The first time a translated text is understandable.

Though I put my hand in some words :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom