The official "Dusty Baker is a douchebag" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is the fact that the Brewers swept the Cubs part of the reason you're pissed at Dusty? If so, hahahahahahaha.

piazza.jpg

lee.jpg

looper.jpg

ooo... so sorry :wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i must've missed something... does dusty baker spend his spare time taking a club to mark priror's shoulder? how exactly is he to blame for his injury problems?

Well, not so much a club, but holy water. Dusty is great for sports talk radio in Chicago......Endless material. I can't stand Dusty. He is a douchebag indeed.

The lawsuit brought by the fired trainor should be interesting.....

could be worse... he could be buck showalter

AL Manager of the Year Buck Showalter?

Yeah, I live in DFW and have season tickets to the Rangers, so I've gotta defend my boy Buck.

inmyplace13 said:

AL Manager of the Year Buck Showalter?

Yeah, I live in DFW and have season tickets to the Rangers, so I've gotta defend my boy Buck.

yes... i mean buck "every team i've ever managed has won the world series the year after i was fired because i micromanage everything to a fault and hold my team back while some mediocre manager like bob brenley or joe torre can come in with a relaxed attitude and end up being called a genius despite the fact that they blew donkey nuts at every other job they ever had" showalter

<pictures so rare that any Mets fan who sees them breaks out into tears of joy>
ooo... so sorry :wink:

Considering we swept the Chicago series last year, you guys were due to win one.

And yes, I know about the New York series. I assume you sent a very nice Christmas card to LaTroy Hawkins, as well as a Mets cap to Douchebag Dusty.

Thanks for beating St. Louis, by the way.

Last edited:
Time to update the thread....

Well after today's game I got no words to describe these feelings....aarrrghh

What's wrong with walking Johnson and pitching to Castilla?????

No, serve up a gopher ball and then blame the mound.....doesn't Dusty make decisions in the dugout???

Poor managment costs them the game.....again

As far as I'm concerned, give Wertz, Wellenmeyer, Ohman, and Leicester ever change possible......wait for Browoski to return, but Remlinger, I love him, and Hawkins need to move on....

We need Walker back soon, I think Nefi is better at short and Hairston has been a big disappointment, given a shot , finally, he hasn't done anything with it...

I like Dubois, he at least had two hits against the right hander who pitched well today...

At least I've had U2 in Chicago to help drown out the sorrows, but their going to Europe soon, Hey Bono, can I come with..PLease, get me off of my knees here...

WildHoneyAlways said:
Or you could come to the south side of town where we actually have a winner!! Who would have thunk Garland would go 8-0.

I'll come clean. Until the 2003 season, I was a "Chicago fan". You know the type: I wore a Cubs jersey and a Sox hat to an interleague game that year (just a Cubs jersey to another, though). The Cubs have always been my favorite team, but the first Chicago big league game I remember was the White Sox and the A's at Comiskey Park (the real one). Seeing as how they didn't play each other except for a meaningless game every spring, I had no problem with it. Even when interleague came, I still rooted for both teams (though I distinctly remember being very upset at a blown call on a play at second that ended and lost the game for the Cubs at the new Comiskey Park).

What happened in 2003? Well, the Cubs were good. Which wasn't why I dumped the Sox. Heck, the last baseball game I had seen when I walked up to Wrigley to buy standing room tickets for the florious day that was the doubleheader sweep of the Pirates that clinched the division was a game where Frank Thomas hit a walk off homer against the Angels earlier in September. No, what happened is that the Sox fans I knew started to rudely express their jealousy that the Cubs were doing so well, and they were doing it AT ME. I didn't speak to several people I knew for about a month after the Cubs lost the pennant because every time I did they would be jerkoffs about it, make choking motions, laugh at me, etc. -- and it wasn't in good humor or anything, it was intended to be mean. So basically I said "to hell with it, I don't want to be associated with these people". And bam, here I am.

I briefly flirted with revisiting my Sox fandom earlier this year when a friend invited me to a Sox game, but I declined. After the behavior of Sox fans at Wrigley this weekend, I must say that I made the right choice...

Of course, nothing against you personally. This doesn't apply to all Sox fans I know, including the most rabid one I know, who happens to be a good friend.

By the way, to add to this thread, when the Cubs were down one with two outs to go on Saturday, the man standing at the plate was Henry Blanco, instead of Michael Barrett, who was not 100% from behind the plate, but definitely a playable hitter. This was after he substituted Enrique Wilson for Jerry Hairston, Jr.

knox said:

I briefly flirted with revisiting my Sox fandom earlier this year when a friend invited me to a Sox game, but I declined. After the behavior of Sox fans at Wrigley this weekend

Now come on, can you really say that the Cub fans behaved any better? That's not fair. Every team has a fair share of asshole fans.

WildHoneyAlways said:
Now come on, can you really say that the Cub fans behaved any better? That's not fair. Every team has a fair share of asshole fans.

Yes, I can, it is perfectly fair. The Cubs fans around me weren't the ones cursing up a storm and taunting fans of the other team, even when the Cubs were ahead.

Back
Top Bottom