THE OFFICIAL "Cloverfield" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gherman

New Yorker
Abrams has done it again (old tricks) with the trailer for "Cloverfield" film. I have no idea what it is about but I want to see it. What do you guys think about it if you've seen the trailer.

there are some posts about it in the transformers thread

i heard there is a you tube link for the trailer

but, i don't think it would have near the effect
the big screen does

the trailer is up in high def on apple.com/trailers

and 1-18-08.com is the only official website for the movie that's been FOUND. Apparently J.J. has some more buried on teh interwebz.

No, the Ethan Haas stuff is not related to the movie.

I have high hopes for this one. Been a while since there has been a great monster flick.

AS long as it stays away from the stupid cliches (the head of the statue of liberty is borderline) I think it'll do well.

Casting a bunch of "unknowns" will help add some realism. Wouldn't be the same if Tom Cruise were in it)

People need to chill out on this hoax trailer, yes there is a project in production now, but chances are everything that was shown in that teaser was made specifically for that purpose since it didn't even start shooting until last week.

I just got back from seeing Transformers.

This trailer was AMAZING. J.J. I love you.

January can't come soon enough now.

Lancemc said:
I just got back from seeing Transformers.

This trailer was AMAZING. J.J. I love you.

January can't come soon enough now.

Sin City 2 and Sweeney Todd might both come out in January, too. :drool:

Am I the only person who wasn't impressed with the teaser?? I laughed when I saw the trailer (in theatres, so the big screen effect wasn't lost), and this was before I was aware that it had become such an ~*internet sensation*~. Fanboys everywhere popping insta-boners over the teaser and formulating theories about the secret websites/plot of the movie is amusing, though.

Queen Bee said:
Am I the only person who wasn't impressed with the teaser??

Yes, I believe so.

Anyway, back to the Cloverfield:bow: :pray:

The trailer felt like what I always thought a real War of the Worlds film would be like.

My buddy and I really hope the monster is Lovecraft's Cthulu. I don't know where that rumor came from, but I likey it.

We've been reading up on it online and it's completely badass.

Fair compromise. :up:

I'm still curious as to what the "hidden" sites are. The official 1-18-08.com site just has 3 pictures, but I'm not sure what the significance of them are just yet. Anyone know?

But seriously, I hope it's aliens. Aliens are always the shit. Giant evil aliens. I hope that if it is an alien-invasion flick, J.J. sticks it right up Spielberg's ass and says "This is how you do it right, buddy. Now go finish Indy IV...prontoooooo."

I did not like War of the Worlds very much, and I'm a huge Speilberg fan....but, there were still a few haunting images or moments in that film for me.

Namely, the train going right by them, the one that was on fire. That just stuck in my brain. And the whole scene with the raft. Felt real and scary to me.

Again, found the film to be disappointing, but, I still like bad Speilberg better than a lot of what passes for good lately.

Aliens would be nice.

Looking back on it, War of the World was lame by Spielberg standards, but it wasn't as bad as Always or 1941.

Now that shit was horrible.

(I might be in the minority who actually liked Hook.)

I'm trying to remember, but I don't think we've had a really awesome alien invasion film in a long time. Am I forgetting something worth noting?

Hmm...

The Arrival with Charlie Sheen was pretty cool, but that was from '96.

The X-Files Movie was '98.

The Invasion (Body Snatchers remake) is coming out in August, so that looks promising.

The Cloverfield trailer scored points with me as far as I associate shaky-cam disaster footage with haunting memories of September 11th. War of the Worlds worked pretty well for me, similarly.

I don't get the bashing WotW gets, though. Yeah, it was imperfect, but nix the crying little girl, the entire basement/homage bit, and it was a pretty well-done invasion movie. I haven't seen anything serious-toned in theatres recently that expressed such a hopeless feeling of dread for me, anyway.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Fair compromise. :up:

I'm still curious as to what the "hidden" sites are. The official 1-18-08.com site just has 3 pictures, but I'm not sure what the significance of them are just yet. Anyone know?

One of the pictures has two frightened girls looking up in to the sky. Rumor has it that if you look between them, where their hair meets, you can see the monster.

Others say it's just a mind trick and it's just hair and people are reading too much into it.

I find it all facinating.

Back
Top Bottom