The Official B&C Desert Island VI NSW Memorial Running Diary Thread for the Cure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:)

I'm warming back up to Achtung Baby. The outro of Until the End of the World still just angers me in its failed potential, but Zoo Station and I are talking again after a rough break up.

I heard "Zoo's" been in bed with the guy from Keane. Is this true?

Mistah V, let's swap it out.

Sigur Ros is great.

We have differing opinions on Wild Is the Wind. I love Bowie's version, but this version is too slow and laid back for me personally.

FLASHING. LIGHTS.

That transition was very good. I enjoyed how you called it "your ElMel Moment." Inside DI references FTW.

FLASHING. LIGHTS.

That transition was very good. I enjoyed how you called it "your ElMel Moment." Inside DI references FTW.

Thank ya, sir.

It's true. There's at least 2-3 transitions on one of the lists he sent me where I couldn't even tell it switched between songs. That rarely happens, if at all.

Such a great motherfucking song. Sweet mama.

I was actually just talking to a guy about Kanye today. In a discussion about tools who make great music, actually. We both agreed that Flashing Lights is phenomenal.

This is one of my first Lupe listens. I've heard good things. This sounds good.

My list this time includes hip-hop for the first time ever. A revolution every day, guys.

I was actually just talking to a guy about Kanye today. In a discussion about tools who make great music, actually. We both agreed that Flashing Lights is phenomenal.

This is one of my first Lupe listens. I've heard good things. This sounds good.

My list this time includes hip-hop for the first time ever. A revolution every day, guys.

"Flashing Lights" is a career-defining song, but I think most people will remember him for either "Gold Digger" or "Jesus Walks."

Snoop-a-Lupe.

You've come a long way since Chicago.

"Flashing Lights" is a career-defining song, but I think most people will remember him for either "Gold Digger" or "Jesus Walks."

Snoop-a-Lupe.

You've come a long way since Chicago.

I have nearly 2700 songs in my iTunes. I consider that a good place to be at, though there's always additions to be made.

BOWIE. Fantastic. I haven't heard this in a while.

I have nearly 2700 songs in my iTunes. I consider that a good place to be at, though there's always additions to be made.

BOWIE. Fantastic. I haven't heard this in a while.

Definitely, I really need to size mine down for my hard drive's sake.

I cannot help but smile any time I hear "Young Americans."

OK, I had to stop for a bit after the second section, but I'm back.

I'm loving it so far. And I need to hear "Dear Science" ASAP. That song (DLZ) is badass, as good as anything on Cookie Mountain. The rhythm is fantastic.

What a list, YLB. Really, really fucking good, arguably the best I've heard in this game. Layla is a perfect send off, too. What an outro.

That's gonna be hard to top.

I've sent my list to pfan, bono_212 and LMP. Anyone else who wants to listen, PM me and I'll get back to you with it. I didn't get to listen to too many lists last time, but I am very keen to this time around.

Tonight, I'll listen to one of the lists and come up on here and let you know what I think.

This is good so far, LMP, not necessarily music I'm absolutely in love with, but it's fun, and you got it together well.

LMP, I'm just not sure what to rate your list yet. I might need to listen to it again. The last part was pretty solid though :up:

Alrighty, I've got lists from LMP, PFan, irishteen, and tourist. They look great and I can't wait to listen to 'em. Probably will start doin that pretty soon. And I'll take any others that people have.

Tourist, I scanned your list and I don't know if this was just a typo but that Arctic Monkeys song is actually called "Brianstorm" not "Brainstorm"

Anyway, that doesn't really matter. Kickass song, kickass band. You can bet your bottom dollar that an Arctic Monkeys track shows up on my list.

Tourist, I scanned your list and I don't know if this was just a typo but that Arctic Monkeys song is actually called "Brianstorm" not "Brainstorm"

Well shit. I never noticed that, and I've listened to that song and that album a lot of times. I can't believe it. I'm, like, having a breakdown over this.

Well shit. I never noticed that, and I've listened to that song and that album a lot of times. I can't believe it. I'm, like, having a breakdown over this.

It's no biggie. Yeah, I guess Alex wrote the song after he met some really eccentric fan named Brian at a gig a few years ago. Also, the first word uttered in the song is "Brian..."

Anyway, that second half of your list looks to be right up my alley. I actually used four of those songs on my last DI.

Sent to GAF and tourist. Won't be able to listen to anything tonight, as it turns out I'll be getting drunk. I'll probably listen to a few lists tomorrow though.

Glad you enjoyed it, Irishteen. I'm also glad my rating fell back into a whole number.

What was your favorite track? Least fave? Fave transition?

Excluding what I already knew my favourite tracks were probably Tv on the Radio and Broken Social Scene. In terms of least favourite The W.A.N.D. bores the hell out of me, Smash Mouth didn't impress me much but that could grow on me and I'm not much of a Stones fan either but that song was okay. Overall the transitions were great, The Love Below was full of amazing ones, especially the rap/hip hop section even paper planes went into the W.A.N.D. great

okay, I sent my listen to a bunch of people. If anyone didn't get it let me know and I will send it

I think on some of them there's a \ at the end of the second link which isn't supposed to be there, so just ignore that

Listening to pfan's. Great start so far, I'm not huge on Pearl Jam but that's one of their songs that I like well enough. The National, Pixies, and Pavement were all great and songs I'd never heard before, and of course Television is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom