The Official AFL Season 2009 thread that may be super!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Despite their loss to Essendon, Carlton are looking good, while the Swans were just fucking wayward last week. I think Carlton will get a win, probably by not too bad a margin.

But this is one of those games where I want both teams to lose.

I approve of Axver's greatly increased interest in the AFL. :up:

Brisbane vs Collingwood - Pies have got a few outs, Lions running hot and Rocca's a dud.
Sydney vs Carlton - Home ground, if they can beat the Hawks there, they should beat Carlton.
Hawthorn vs Port Adelaide - Hawks are (coming) back.
St Kilda vs Fremantle - Find me someone who seriously tipped Freo.
Adelaide vs Geelong
North Melbourne vs Essendon - should the Bombers prove consistent.
Richmond vs Melbourne
West Coast vs Western Bulldogs

Ouch, bad luck you lot with tonight. Damn Pies.

Rest of the round I gotsa:

Blues - I think this is the most difficult tip by a long shot. Sure, I'd say the Blues will run out of steam within the next few rounds- and yes they lost against the Dons, but the Dons love to show up against them. I think they'll get across the line here.
Hawks - Come on, it's Port. No, they're not back on track.
Saintas - Yep.
Cats - Yeah, can't see the Crows doing heaps to stop them.
Roos - Dons can't do it two in a row.
Dees - Ax, I think you should buy a Hawks scarfe.
Dogs - Blah! Minimal team change from that bullshit on the weekend. Careers are on the line here! Expect Hansen, Fletcher and Stinga actually stand up for once in this season, and act like they're important - even though they're already shaping up as nothing more than trade bait. Can't wait to see Wirra again, but I doubt even his attempts will make this anything less than another familiar embarrassment.

I really thought Brisbane were gonna run away with the points at quarter time, but it turned out not.

Goddamit.

Anyone else read or hear that apparently Collingwood supporters (not one of them a member, :rolleyes:) were chanting to Ablett, "your Dad's a murderer"?

I know we're all a bit wild as footy fans, but that's stepping over the line.

I'm also sick to death of Collingwood fans whinging about Heath Shaw's suspension. They are the rules. You cannot touch the umpire. If he's not smart enough to realise that, then his problem.

Yeah, I would agree. Charman really is likely to get injured when he plays.

And bloody hell, how the hell are Hawthorn playing so crap against Port, I mean its Port! They're average and yet they let Grandpa Tredrea kick a bloody 5 goals as of yet!

Hawthorn. :doh:

Zero out of three.

Fuck last week. I'm having a blinder with this week's picks!

I'm hoping for one out of eight this week. The Freo game will probably be the one.

Then Adelaide would beat Geelong, except thats more realistic than Fremantle winning. :wink:

I've already convinced myself Richmond will be the one team to lose to Melbourne all year.

We'll probably then beat Collingwood and Hawthorn or something. Sense? What sense? This is Richmond, folks.

Damnit, now I'm two from five.

So much for only picking one this week!

lol Richmond. :lmao:

And well done to the Weagles for beating the Bulldogs. What a weekend! Except i'm still annoyed that we had to lose by 48 points in the end, when we were well in it at 3 quarter time, must've been the 6 day break after a trip to Perth.

Yeah Vlad, your boys were doing pretty well, thought they might have stolen it... but that just shows that you don't mess with the Cats unless it's the last Saturday in September. ;)

Yeah Vlad, your boys were doing pretty well, thought they might have stolen it... but that just shows that you don't mess with the Cats unless it's the last Saturday in September. ;)

To be honest I was just happy that our youngsters were really taking it up to them. Our 3rd quarter was great, but there was 3 chances that we should've taken which we missed.

It was what is begrugingly termed an 'honourable' loss.

Terry - will he last the year? The month? The week? These and more to be answered tonight by the two most annoying people in football, Caro and Hutchy.

Why does he get all the blame when there's only so much he can do?

Buddy Franklin VS Gary Ablett Jnr.

Hoo will be der winnar?! Or hoo is deh bettar?

I personally think it should be called 'Jims Dome' as I remember that from an episode of Before the Game a couple of years back.

It's better Etihad Stadium than Telstra Dome.

A dome that wasn't even a dome?

Just call it Docklands or Spencer Street Stadium or something....

Back
Top Bottom