The Official AFL Season 2009 thread that may be super!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mike Sheahan put it perfectly today when he said Freo appear no closer to a flag than they were when they started in 1995.

Anyone else with me in thinking this Richmond bashing is waaaaay over the top?

Let's ditch Freo from the tournament and bring in a Wellington team.

What? I just want a team I can passionately support!

It feels pretty damn good seeing an Eagles player (LeCras) as the highest goalkicker of the season, even though it won't last.

I'm sure this'll be our greatest success of the year.

Anyone else with me in thinking this Richmond bashing is waaaaay over the top?

Give them another couple of 83 point bashings before you can start, well bashing them.

They've got the Cats at the Cattery this week.....well, If they get within 82 points it might be a morale victory!

The Saints earned a few of those frees though. 88 tackles, their pressure was unbelievable.

Does it sound weird for me to say that despite us being a goal down in the last term I was still confident we'd win?

I also won 40 bucks today :dancing: I bet that the first score in the Roos-Dogs game would be a behind, so when Lindsay Thomas hit the post I was all like YouTube - Homer woop woop!

Not the actual one I was looking for, but the other one some dumb kent put music over it.

It's only round 2. I'm liking it, though it does depress me a little how much less I'm into Geelong these days than at the height of my fandom. I cried when we lost the 04 prelim.

It's the AFL who fuck the game more than anyone.

Alright, after encouragement from the Daniel Mafia, here is:

Axver's Completely Uneducated AFL Picks, Round 3!

Geelong vs Collingwood
St Kilda vs Eagles
Lions vs Swans
Carlton vs Essendon
Port Adelaide by a million vs Melbourne
North Melbourne vs Hawthorn
Fremantle vs Adelaide
Western Bulldogs vs Richmond c'moooon!

Hmm, you do follow the first rule of history by tipping against Freo, but you also go for the Dons over the Blues at a home game. I hate those Carlton Juddy bastards, so well done, gl xoxo.

By god, I hope our last match wasn't a fluke.

I have a hard time imagining when I would pick Freo. Except against Melbourne. I'd pick the Freo Under-13s against Melbourne. I'd pick the Thessaloniki Under-13s reserve team against Melbourne, even.

I'd pick a team of Axvers against Melbourne, but that's only because my clones and I would have canes to beat Freo with.

I like how I managed to call Melbourne "Freo" in my last post.

My brain sometimes chooses not to distinguish between shit.

I really feel sorry for Melbourne, I mean, you look at how they play. Man, they are pathetic. :down:

Okay, seriously - can you believe this Chookgate shit? There's absolutely nothing offensive about the video at all, not towards women, anyway. I can't believe how big this has snowballed. Why doesn't the media do more on the real mischief that footy players get up to? It's such bullshit. Poor North.

Here's the full video if you haven't seen it.

YouTube - Adventures of little boris

Thank you, Bonnie.

Finally, a bit of common fucking sense. Now, we all know that women have become more involved with football and so on, but if someone can tell me how this is degrading I'd like to know. This is utter fucking crap. It's a few of the boys - and believe me, this is what sporting clubs the world over are like - having some fun, and just accidentally being caught over it. People have this perception that sports clubs are clean-cut. It's 44 blokes all together in one room. Are they going to talk about knitting?

And it's being treated like a serious offence. Daniel Pratt and Adam Simpson may not even play this weekend because of it. :|

If you watched The Footy Show last night, the entire crowd was laughing, and I'm sure most who saw it did too.

Back
Top Bottom