The Official 2007 AFL Season Thread!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Acrobat Angel said:

mmm the good times :drool:
Nice to find some AFL fans, they don't seem to exist up this way... :wave:

:madspit:

Well you should migrate down to Victoria... it might be a smigden colder... but seriously AFL just dominates everthing... which I love. :drool: The AFL season is known to wives into 'widows'.

But yeah... Rugby's alright.... if you can stand 80 minutes of morons running into each other and falling over. :tongue:

Originally posted by The Sad Punk
Damn cats. :wink:

:rockon:

I do kinda hope however we don't go undefeated for the rest though... peaking to early and all this effort just to waste it by bowing out in the finals would be heartbreaking.

Good to see that Ben Cousins has managed to kick his supposed ice addiction in a matter of 15 or so weeks. Fair effort :wink:

By the way, what's the deal with Sampi? I hear he has been on personal leave all year?

COBL_04 said:

:madspit:

Well you should migrate down to Victoria... it might be a smigden colder... but seriously AFL just dominates everthing... which I love. :drool: The AFL season is known to wives into 'widows'.

But yeah... Rugby's alright.... if you can stand 80 minutes of morons running into each other and falling over. :tongue:

Went to my first NRL match the other night froze my arse off and the freaky Knights fans scared me...
Never been to an AFL game (damn living so far from Sydney :banghead: )
i'd love to live in Melbourne- MCG, Boxing Day Test :drool:

COBL_04 said:
Oh it rocks :drool: where do you live? trust me the atmosphere, especially at the MCG, is INCREDIBLE :combust:

do u have myspace by the way?
Near Newcastle- 3 hours north of Sydney...
MCG looks amazing on tv *must go to MCG*
No i don't have a myspace- yeah i'm sooo far behind...

Well i was nearly sick way up high at the telstra stadium for the u2 concert- so maybe the G would freak me out a bit :crack:
Yeah email...
ash_roo17389 (at) hotmail.com
u?

Last edited:
By the way, what's the deal with Sampi? I hear he has been on personal leave all year?

It seems really up and down with him, like his fitness doesn't seem to be up to standards. I know Woosha said he'd like to see him play soon, but nobody has any idea of when that'll happen, or if it even will full stop. A lot of fans would just like to forget about him and concentrate on youngsters because he's unreliable. But I think a couple games this year would do him good - he's a great bloke too.

Enjoyed the game today - sloppy as hell, rather boring and I can't stand Draught - but hell, we won and that's what matters. :wink: About half the home crowd left after Lynch kicked his goal. Was very sweet.

The best thing about Melbourne sport is the Aus Open in January, and if any Sydney Scum reckons they're gonna steal it off us, they're gonna regret it....

intedomine said:
The best thing about Melbourne sport is the Aus Open in January, and if any Sydney Scum reckons they're gonna steal it off us, they're gonna regret it....

I wouldn't say its the best thing... both the Melbourne Cup and the Grand Final out rank it but there is no way Sydney will steal it. What a bunch of idiots.

bono_man2002 said:
Sydney can have the F1....But definitely not the Aus Open.

I used to be really passionate about Melbourne and the F1... but after this year my passion has subsided just a bit. Maybe cause Webber sucks :wink: No, he's coming along.

Isn't he? :shifty:

Umm... no I wouldn't care too greatly if Syndey got the GP. The reason why crowds were down this year? One reason. No V8's.

COBL_04 said:
The reason why crowds were down this year? One reason. No V8's.

Or the fact that they realize that any form of car racing is more repetitive than dance music :wink:

Ok...so I don't dislike racing that much....its just doesn't grab me as an event thats a must watch.

:madspit: :mad:

Yeah, all my mates hate it as well.

But I don't :tongue:

One trip to Bathurst will convert you all! :evil:

Hawks won as well, we're still a game clear, Bartel's fine, but Didak should have been suspended. The other players a few weeks ago, the young boys, were out as well, but not as late, and didn't do anything near as bad, but still got suspended.

Once again this proves that if you are a star player you are above the law :shrug:

COBL_04 said:
Essedon v Geelong sold out on like monday... :rant:

Dunno why.Will be a bore of a match. It's being played at Docklands and Geelong should win by about 7-10 goals.

Mind you that Tomahawk dickhead is playing so the Cats might lose...

Tomahawk has to be the most over hyped player since I started following footy. Only got all this attention cause of who his Dad was and cause he as lockett-thighs and cause he's got a catchy nickname.

That said, carn the Cats, can't stand Essendon, and the Cats are the coolest Vic team cause they are still a suburban club.

Well yes he has been very hyped. However he will eventually become a champion. The way he is built, and he has already shown glimpses, you just know he will become a goalkicking machine down the track. Maybe not 1000 goals or anything, but who knows...

And yes, go the Cats....

Mooney :crazy: Culda had 9

I'm Daniel, by the way people. More convienent than writing COBL_04 everytime.

Other winners this round:
Geelong by 50 over Essendon
Collingwood by 9 over St. Kilda
Bulldogs by 20 over Port
Brisbane by 27 over West Coast :shocked:
Adelaide by 71 over Hawthorn
Sydney by 28 over Fremantle
Melbourne by 23 over Carlton
Kangaroos by 25 over Richmond

:(

I think we're the most overrated club in the AFL... definitely not the 'team to beat' anymore. I hope Cuz makes a difference when he returns. 'Til then, I'll go have a cry.

I couldn't believe it when youse got beaten. I was all like :shocked:

And all of sudden apparently the Crows are the new near-certanties to make the grand final on the back of one decent win according to Mike Sheahan :| :huh:

Back
Top Bottom