The Official 2007 AFL Season Thread!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree :up:

I think the only thing that stands in its way is lack of enthusiasm from AFL coaches who don't want their players injured and possibly to much dominance from Victoria.

Teddy Whitten would be turning over in his grave. :tsk:

Anyone see the Legends game? I was there (will post pics later) but it was pretty awesome. Whenever Stauchnie went near it the crowd went wild.

Well half the round is over. So far the Hawks smashed the Blues by 100 points, I don't know if anyone saw that coming, Adelaide smashed the Roos, the Dogs accounted for Freo, but most importantly, :wink:

THE CATS SMASHED THE LIONS!!! :rockon:

Well I was really worried actually when I saw the odds - we were $1.08 to $7!! :yikes: Because in the past we have won games playing incredible and proper, "Sam Newman" football, and then lost the following week playing shithouse football to a side we were supposed to beat.

But we got up, so I was really happy.

And on Sam Newman, did anyone see his thing on the Footy Show the other week? With the terrorists? Apparently talkback radio the next morning went haywire with complaints. For Gawds sake. Change the channel if you don't like it. Honestly, who really found it offensive? Okay it wasn't hilariously funny, but some people just can't take things as a joke.

They ran a poll in the paper today asking is Mick Malthouse the best coach thus far.

What a joke. Surely Mark Thomson and Alastair Clarkson have done better jobs. Surely.

Collingwood have had a shite list for a long time, and still they somehow made two grannies. Malthouse is the key.

He was even worse! :lmao:

The have put in an interim coach for now. Garry Lyon will not coach them though. I don't think so.

I'd like to see either Mark Harvey, Guy McKenna or Daryn Crosswell get the job. Crosswell did a very good job down here before he ditched us.

Oh officially?

Alan Didak. What a moron. You would think, that after all the off-field crap that's gone on this year, that they'd learn, but they don't. There is a round of football to be played this weekend!

Didak made a mistake, as all human beings do. I wish the media could stop reporting on footballers' misdemeanors. It's no big deal, we all do silly things sometimes.

It's making news for news sake. it's a bore. Undermines the importance of proper news items.

Back
Top Bottom