The Official 2007 AFL Season Thread!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My catters got up!!! Although I think everyone expected a bit too much of us after we beat them by 25 goals last time.

Steve Johnson kicked five goals, but here's a good stat:

Steve Johnson games in '07: 13.
Games Geelong have won in a row: 13

:ohmy:

:wink:

:combust:

But as Daniher said, our biggest problem is there's still like eight weeks to go.

And I have an announcement to make. I don't think the Tigers are going to make the finals this year. They've put up a gallant fight but I don't think it'll be enough.

Who would have thought, going into this round, that BOTH Richmond and Melbourne would've won. Man I wish I hadda put money on the Tigers. They were paying $6, and $6.75 for a win under 39.5!!

:grumpy:

Ah well they didn't :D

No your Eagles are the only side I'm overly concerned about. I hyave a bad feeling they're going to get their act together. Maybe sydney as well.

COBL_04 said:
No your Eagles are the only side I'm overly concerned about. I hyave a bad feeling they're going to get their act together. Maybe sydney as well.

I'm quite confident we can win our next three. Who knows what Sydney can do... they're going to be playing against finalists, they could thrash all three or lose them.

That said, the Cats could have a tough run home too... :hmm:

:censored: :mad: :censored: :mad: :censored:

Well, at least we didn't lose to Richmond. Who, by the way, were on the BOTTOM of the ladder with one and a half wins.

And at least we have a remote chance of getting there.

And remind me, of our two sides, who was the last to lose a grand final? Two in a row?? :scratch:

[/argument]

:D :D :D

15 in a row is it now danny boy? i guess i take my hats off to the putty cats for that, when they were only 8 in front i thought the Roo's might take them down, but alas i guess not. :sigh:

:madwife:

mysterious_jen said:
15 in a row is it now danny boy? i guess i take my hats off to the putty cats for that, when they were only 8 in front i thought the Roo's might take them down, but alas i guess not. :sigh:

Yeah I was worried as well... I thought come one boys... don't start slacking off. But then Ablett Jr came in and it was alll over :D

I'm gonna get tickets any way I can. They go on sale a week before the GF, but the first three days are members only. So I'll find a member, give him/her money and get me some tickets cos I'm not going to miss this possibility (see, still keeping a lid on it) for the world.

I am really worried about the Weagles though. It looks like they'll finish second, which will mean they'll basically go straight to a prelim at Subi. We have to play our home games at the G, let alone Telstra Dome :crazy:

Ooh that's a big call.

But I'm worried about them as well.

This is how I think it'll finish:

TEAM PTS
1. Geelong **
2. West Coast 60 - Two very easy games.
3. Port Adelaide 56 - Should win at least one, and have a good percentage.
4. Kangaroos 56 - Another two pretty easy games.
5. Collingwood 56 - Game this weekend against Sydney will be very interesting. If they lose they should drop to 7th.
6. Hawthorn 52 - Another interesting game against Sydney at the SCG in Round 22. Win that and they should finish 3rd.
7. Sydney 50 - Have gone for the Pies next week. Syndey wins and they should finish 5th.
8. St. Kilda 46 - In my book will be the last team to sneak a spot in the eight. Poor percentage, it should come down to whether or not the Crows can beat Collingwood in Round 22.

All hypothetical of course :D If anyone else wants to do this go ahead, I'd love to see who can come closest.

I'll use the ladder predictor as we get closer to this round. Want to see the teams first. :)

I'm torn whether I want Cuz and Judd to both play, just one of them, or neither. :( I'm worried that we'll drop the Saints game, because we were pretty lowly against the Tigers despite the win... maybe I should stop underestimating the Tigers. They might rain on the Sheeds/Hird parade this round.

Well the Kangaroos kicked the shit out of Carlton, 82 points, and Freo's flogging the Demons over at Subi. They're on 90 and it's only the second quarter.

Umpiring was horrendous at the 'G tonight. Scum had 28 free kicks, Bloods only had 11, and even the ones that we recieved were pretty ordinary decisons.

That hands in the back rule must be scrapped. It's killed the sport.

Goodes was BOG by far tonight, played a ripper of a match.

AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHH!!!!!!!

Oh that is fucking cruel. Sorry to swear, but man I was so disappointed.

18 points I thought it's all gone, and then STEVIE JOHNSON!!! Then CHAPPY!!! AND THEN BLOODY ABLETT!!!!

And then Cassisi. That is so cruel. Brought back some bad bad memories.

:sigh:

Ah well at least it's happened. Regroup next week.

Congrats jen on the pies win. Nice avatar lol :up:

Anyone see Buckley got a vote today? He was in the bottom four for rankings, and sure he did a few nice things but he didn't deserve a vote surely.

And I agree intedomine. Scrap the hands in the back rule. It is an absolute disgrace. I hate having a governing body where they hold the fans in contempt. They won't even consult the fans, who keep the game going, to see if they actually approve of these ridiculous rules.

I wouldn't mind seeing a backwards kick become play on though.

Back
Top Bottom