The Official 2006 NBA Playoffs Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, let's just do absolutely nothing down the stretch and get outscored 12-2 in a 3 and a half minute span.

Great shot by Diaw. Unfortunately Damp or Diop wasn't in to ALTER THE SHOT.

Poor execution down the stretch. I wanted this game so bad, and they blew it. The Mavericks didn't deserve this game. I think they'll change up a lot and come out with a new gameplan in game 2.

Again, great performance by the Suns. The Mavs can't get sucked into playing Suns ball. They've got to be the Mavs.

The Mavs defence is so overated. They couldn't stop the fast break or the penetration in the half court.

I don't wish to alarm anyone, but Ben Wallace is perfect on his FGs and FTs so far and leads the Pistons in scoring in Game 2.

EDIT: D'oh. Just bricked the second FT. Oh well.

Pistons narrowly manage to avoid pissing away a 18-point lead in Game 2, Dick Bavetta reaches new lows.

speedracer said:
Pistons narrowly manage to avoid pissing away a 18-point lead in Game 2, Dick Bavetta reaches new lows.

After that timeout thing with Prince, I think its about time for Bavetta to hang up his whistle.

Good enough execution down the stretch and a quality win in Big D tonight. :up:

And I would officially like to declare "Tim F***ing Thomas" my most-said phrase throughout the first two games. That guy is giving me fits.

inmyplace13 said:
Good enough execution down the stretch and a quality win in Big D tonight. :up:

And I would officially like to declare "Tim F***ing Thomas" my most-said phrase throughout the first two games. That guy is giving me fits.

No GM in the league should be fooled by his play during these playoffs. He doesn't have a contract once the playoffs are over. It's as simple as that. He's playing for a contract. As soon as the ink hits the paper he'll go back to being his underachieving self.

And Dirk is amazing. To think all the Mavs had to give up was Tractor Traylor.

That's the thing about Tim Thomas is I know he's not good, and that means that when he's stroking from three, he drives me absolutely bonkers.

Tickets for Game 5 go on sale at 10 am tomorrow and I found a friend who is willing to put forward the cash, so we're going to try to snag a pair no matter how bad of tickets they are. We just want to be in the building.

I pulled it off! They sold out the 2,500 ticket allotment in less than a minute, but I was able to get a pair of midcourt upper level tickets for only 31 dollars a piece. Looks like I get to be a part of this playoff run after all.

inmyplace13 said:
I pulled it off! They sold out the 2,500 ticket allotment in less than a minute, but I was able to get a pair of midcourt upper level tickets for only 31 dollars a piece. Looks like I get to be a part of this playoff run after all.

Make sure to congratulate Steve on making it to the NBA finals. :wink:

Dude, let it go. The Spurs lost. There's no conspiracy. There's no bribing the refs.

Get over it. Mavs are better.

inmyplace13 said:
Dude, let it go. The Spurs lost. There's no conspiracy. There's no bribing the refs.

Get over it. Mavs are better.

Fine. The Spurs lost. The Mavs were better.

But the Mavs get yet another bad call in their favor in the final 2 minutes of the game.

i'm not gonna count my chickens before they're hatched, so i'm going to wait to comment on the miami-detroit series until it's over...

but... i will say this.

today, when i go down to the gym for our "voluntary pre-season workouts" (practices of course are illegal at this time of year :wink: ), i'm going to shoot free throws until i make 14 of them...

no big deal, of course... 14 free throws should normaly take me between 16-18 shots, depending on the day... but i will not be shooting them normaly. i will be shooting them lefty. and i'm going to see if i can make 14 free throws with my opposite hand in 58 shots or less.

for those of you who haven't figured out why yet, ben wallace is shooting 13 for 58 from the free throw line in the playoffs for a stunning 22.4%

1. Bo Kimble hit 4/4 left-handed free throws during the 1990 NCAA tournament. (This was the season when Hank Gathers collapsed and died on the court due to a heart ailment. Gathers was also a righty, but he was so bad at shooting free throws that he tried shooting them lefty for a while.)

2. The complaints that the Pistons have openly made about Flip Saunders' practices being too offensive-oriented are astounding. First, the fact that they're averaging ~80 points over the last ~10 games may have something to do with it. Second, you take these complaints up in private, not in the media. Finally, these are the things that losers say -- players who have completely lost confidence in themselves to fix things and are looking for someone else to blame.

The Pistons still only need to win 3 in a row, 2 of which are home, but they better get their heads in the game double fast.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

ya know who's behind the conspiracy? tom brady.

Tom Brady is pure evil. I mean, he doesn't berate reporters or throw his teammates under the bus or otherwise do anything that's personally objectionable, but just *look* at the smirk on his face...

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'm not gonna count my chickens before they're hatched, so i'm going to wait to comment on the miami-detroit series until it's over...

but... i will say this.

today, when i go down to the gym for our "voluntary pre-season workouts" (practices of course are illegal at this time of year :wink: ), i'm going to shoot free throws until i make 14 of them...

no big deal, of course... 14 free throws should normaly take me between 16-18 shots, depending on the day... but i will not be shooting them normaly. i will be shooting them lefty. and i'm going to see if i can make 14 free throws with my opposite hand in 58 shots or less.

for those of you who haven't figured out why yet, ben wallace is shooting 13 for 58 from the free throw line in the playoffs for a stunning 22.4%

14 for 46 (with 2 of 'em going in by bank)

Go Suns!! BLOWOUT

Raja Bell makes a huge difference. I hope he can still play throughout this series and the finals.

namkcuR said:

Game 5 on Thursday - GOOOOOOOO MAAAAAAAAAAVS

I'll be there.

Man, what a disappointing night. What a time to play some of your worst ball all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom