The Official 2006 NBA Playoffs Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
and the rest of the conference is a joke.

The rest of the conference? The only team you didn't mention was the Knicks. That's the rest of the conference. And Indiana, but really no one knows what direction they're going in.

namkcuR said:
Incredible LAL-Pho Game 6.

Game 7 is on Saturday.

:sad:
grumpyder.gif

Go Phoenix.

at this point they should make it to the next round.

Every other Laker but Kobe was folding down the stretch.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Go Phoenix.

at this point they should make it to the next round.

Every other Laker but Kobe was folding down the stretch.
As a Celtic fan and long time Laker hater, I'd like to see the Lakers win that series, and thats saying something.
I don't like Koberapist one bit off the court, but he and LeBron are the only reasons to tune in to the 2006 playoffs.

did anyone notice in one of the Lake telecasts, they were talking about Kwame Brown and his alleged crime

and one of the commentators called him Kobe by mistake.

I :lol:'d, i think it was a sexual related crime too if im not mistaken.

cleveland through to the conference semis

however i think they will not progress any further, 3 games in that series they won by a point, and most of those games were at home

CrashedCarDriver said:
cleveland through to the conference semis

however i think they will not progress any further, 3 games in that series they won by a point, and most of those games were at home

actually, they won 2 of 3 one point games on the road.

roy keane said:
Nets chances against Heats?

The Nets swept them in the regular season (even with Shaq), but the Heat played with a sense of urgency in Game 6.

Maybe they could parlay that into the Nets series.

Last edited:
Suns win Game 7. So much for an all-LA WCSF.

The First Round is over.

Conference Semis start tomorrow.

namkcuR said:

If a Spur gets an attitude...

sptsunspic15121520058f69fgc1kw.jpg

Diop it like it's hot.

This is a golden oppurtunity for the Mavs to steal the road game they need to win the series, with San Antonio coming off a hard-fought series only just 36 hours ago. Not only that, but the Spurs are pretty beat up right now, with Parker's thigh contusion, Manu's apparent limp, and Tim-may's chronic foot problems. I definitely hope they come out strong from their extended break and make their presence known with a big W.

namkcuR said:
Suns win Game 7. So much for an all-LA WCSF.

The First Round is over.

Congrats to the Suns - they played a great game, nice comeback in the series, tough team. The Lakers are still young, maybe next year

hahaha... kobe rules.

the nets vs. the heat... eh... as always, it's all about shaq.

cleveland vs. detroit... two things can give cleveland a chance... detroit completely forgetting about their defense and/or lebron just putting the team on his back and dominating the series... i doubt either will happen. detroit wins in an easy 6

clippers vs. suns... ugh... no idea. i may have to go with the clippers here.

mavs vs. spurs... pick 'em. gotta give the edge to the spurs based on history and home court, but i wouldn't be surprised if dallas finally pulled one out.

Bruce Bowen dry humping Dirk the entire second half = no calls

:drool: Officiating

whenever I think of Dirk, I just picture him with an AK-47 being ordered by Hans Gruber to looks for John McLane in the Nakatomi Building.

The Sports Guy had it right on the money.

and Nash won his 2nd-MVP, Nash-tastic :up:

Even though Dallas lost today, they're still wearing down the Spurs, which is pretty important. I think they'll win the series.

Nash was unstoppable against the Lakers. Congrats to him.
Then again, Kobe was never defending Nash. What if...what if...

we''ll never know now...

kobe's performance in the second half of game 7 was disgusting and shows why i believe he'll never win a championship with him as the #1 option.

the cavs are simply over-matched. the pistons are going to force someone other than lebron to beat them, and there is no one other than lebron capable of beating hte pistons 'cause everyone but lebron, uh, blows. except for maybe ilgauskus, but he needs someone to get him the ball to be good... thus then, he's useless as well.

on to the spurs-mavs... uhhh yea... i hate how NBA officials just let people get away with shit based upon their reputation. you see it to some extent with the pistons, you see it with kobe bryant, and you most certainly see it with bruce bowen... he was fouling the ever living shit out of dirk nowitzki the entire game... esp. in the 4th quarter. that was not good defense. that was, as someone else already put it, bruce bown dry humping dirk. there is a certain amount of bumping that occurs naturaly on defense... bruce bowen has taken it above and beyond and is now at the point where he is considered to be such a good defender that he baisicly has carte blanche to bump people up and down the court without risk of foul call.

on to the spurs-mavs... uhhh yea... i hate how NBA officials just let people get away with shit based upon their reputation. you see it to some extent with the pistons, you see it with kobe bryant, and you most certainly see it with bruce bowen... he was fouling the ever living shit out of dirk nowitzki the entire game... esp. in the 4th quarter. that was not good defense. that was, as someone else already put it, bruce bown dry humping dirk. there is a certain amount of bumping that occurs naturaly on defense... bruce bowen has taken it above and beyond and is now at the point where he is considered to be such a good defender that he baisicly has carte blanche to bump people up and down the court without risk of foul call.

Glad I'm not the only one recognizing it. Avery has dubbed it the "bear-hug" defense, which is a pretty good description. I think the "dry hump" defense makes a bit more sense, but the Little General probably couldn't get away with that.

Now about TIMMAY. If a Mav so much as looks at him cockeyed, a foul is going to be called. Ridiculous.

Now I'm not normally one to complain about officiating because the good and bad breaks, more often than not, tend to go both ways. The Mavs really killed themselves with a, what, 13 point fourth quarter? That's inexcusable as it is. But I feel like if there was better officiating, the Mavs would have still made it through that dingleberry of a fourth quarter and pulled out the win.

Just quick appearance to cheer for the Spurs.

Of course, no one is mentioning that they were forced to play with a 36-hour rest (even though they are the current champions) and had to go though a 6-game series. Yet, they still managed to beat the Mavs.

Spurs in 6.

I call Mavs in 7.

they've been my second favorite team since the 03 Playoffs (Nash, Nowitzki, Finley, Van Exel :drool: ) and I think San Antonio needs a monster performance from Duncan to win every game.

inmyplace13 said:
Bandwagon.

Not really. If you look at last year's playoffs thread, I was also supporting the Spurs. And what bandwagon? Spurs at that point were leading 1-0 in the conference semifinals, with a very uncertain outcome. So grow up, and we'll talk.

Great job by the Mavs last night, by the way. And, please, no further complaints about the officiating after yesterday's game.

In any event, I am also supporting the Spurs to have a midly competitive NBA finals. If the Mavs or Suns make it and play Detroit, we are looking at a 4-1 or 4-2 Detroit victory.

Last edited:
i know the pistons won last night but they looked terrible down the stretch... against teams that are actually good, if they get 'sheed chucking up 3s and hamilton putting up shots 5 seconds into the shot clock and then fouling lebron, all with a 6 point lead and under a minute to go... well... this is the discipline that larry brown brought to the team that flip saunders coached teams notoriously have been lacking. maybe it was just because they knew the cavs aren't going to beat them :shrug: i dunno... but that was not a very well played final minute, despite the outcome.

if the pistons are going to win the nba title i think they're going to need a scare somewhere along the line in the eastern conference... because such undisciplined play down the stretch won't fly vs. the western conference champ

i know the pistons won last night but they looked terrible down the stretch... against teams that are actually good, if they get 'sheed chucking up 3s and hamilton putting up shots 5 seconds into the shot clock and then fouling lebron, all with a 6 point lead and under a minute to go... well... this is the discipline that larry brown brought to the team that flip saunders coached teams notoriously have been lacking. maybe it was just because they knew the cavs aren't going to beat them :shrug: i dunno... but that was not a very well played final minute, despite the outcome.

if the pistons are going to win the nba title i think they're going to need a scare somewhere along the line in the eastern conference... because such undisciplined play down the stretch won't fly vs. the western conference champ

You may have a point, but my sense is that the Pistons are playing at 50% right now... they know that is enough to practically sweep the Cavs so they are not forcing themselves too much.

Plus, I am sure that TNT called Flip Saunders up and asked them to have a more competitive fourth quarter since most of the advertisers have to be pretty pissed off at how one-sided this series has been... :wink:

U2@NYC said:

Of course, no one is mentioning that they were forced to play with a 36-hour rest (even though they are the current champions)
What does them being defending champions have to do with the schedule?
Should the NBA have foregone a Sunday afternoon game, given ABC back a few million dollars and let the Spurs rest till Wednesday, or whenever they felt fresh just cause they won last year's title?

The Cavs had to play the Pissed Ons Sunday under the same schedule, and they had just played back to back OT games against the BulletWizards, but thats kosher cause they aren't defending champs, but the Spursies need their rest?

One of the weakest excuses I've seen on this forum.

the only team who had a valid complaint as far as 1st round scheduleing goes were the pistons... best record in the nba, 2 straight eastern conference titles, 2 years off an nba title, and they have a 6:30 tip off in the "JV game" so that lebron can get prime time on TNT. other than that, get over it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom