The Official 2005 NFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about those Vikes!!!

:reject:

Vinny IS BACK!!!! Lookout for the Jets

I have freinds out in San Diego - you were right about Brees - after this year he's outta there.

randhail said:

Gotta go with the Chargers. The Jets are in a desperate situation regarding the QB so I can understand the need to do something drastic even if it means trading for a potential All-Pro LB.

The Chargers are paying both Brees and Rivers and ton of money. Doesn't make sense there. They could fill a need at LB and eliminate any future qb controversies. The only thing I can think of as to why the Chargers don't make this deal is because they're planning on letting Brees walk at the end of the year or think that they can't resign him.

i for one think they're both crazy...

why give up vilma for an unproven rookie QB when you have offensive line problems and an old fading running back? even if pennington was healthy, the jets to the super bowl talk was waaaay overblown.

if i'm the jets, i tank the season and hope matt leinart falls right into my lap.

If the Chargers really want to keep Rivers, then perhaps they should have dealt Brees for Vilma. After all, if they dump him after this season, what will they get? Nothing as good as Vilma, that's for sure.

there will be several contenders for Leinhart's services, Oakland, Clevland, Detroit, being among them.

pennington, mcnabb on the border...
rough week for qb's
:|

jets and giants have agreed to build a new stadium at the meadowlands to replace Giants Stadium. plans have not been revelaed yet, but the stadium is likely to hold over 80,000 people, possiably approaching 90,000. the naming rights to the stadium will be for sale, meaning yet another stadium with some wacky ass name that'll change every 5 years... maybe Tampax Field or something like that... and a retractable roof is a possability.

the jets will also move their practice facilities off long island to jersey, which i for one think is a huge mistake, but eh... whatever. i'm a giants fan.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

week works... come up with a design for the other person by friday?

tee hee hee... i've designed mine...

11577elibanner.jpg

Imarocker said:

HELL ya beat the cr@p out of the patsies.....I'll take ATL minus the point...no way the pasties can keep up with vick he's going to run wild on that def.
Why not just root for the Lions instead of rooting against all Boston teams. The Lions will be able to win their division if they have their first 6 win season in 15 years.

Though its funny to read your commenst after the Pats have won.

If Vick plays, its an easier victory for the Pats...Schaub's passing numbers were far superior to anything Vick has done this season or last (just ask those of us who have him on their fantasy team)

:hmm:

Peyton Manning said:
Let's hear it for the Colts, the only undefeated team left in the league! We have the offense, and the defense. No matter how much Hewson tries to put me at the bottom of the standings, I am at the top. Go Colts! :up:

your team is getting by on your defense peyton. the only serious production this year was against the 49ers.:eyebrow:

hell, your brother has better numbers this season...coming off a bye week. :huh:

don't break your arm (patting yourself on the back)

remember the road to the super bowl goes through new england :|

Re: :hmm:

zumanity42 said:

your team is getting by on your defense peyton. the only serious production this year was against the 49ers.:eyebrow:

No, it was against the Titans.

remember the road to the super bowl goes through new england :|

Not as long as we have a 2 game lead on you for the home field. You'd be 3 down if it weren't for that free 51 seconds you were given in the last 'comeback' game.

So who have you beaten thus far there, Eli's less talented brother?
Lets see...Baltimore, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Tennesee, and San Francisco.

Jacksonville's the only team there who might sniff a .500 record. You're blessed with the NFL's easiest schedule this season, and you'll win your division and fail in the playoffs again, flailing your arms in confusion when you face a superior defense. It happens every January.

Hewson said:

Beating them is better than losing to those teams. We are gaining momentum each week like a snowball rolling downhill.

You're blessed with the NFL's easiest schedule this season, and you'll win your division and fail in the playoffs again, flailing your arms in confusion when you face a superior defense. It happens every January.

But mirror, mirror, on the wall, who's now the fairest of them all? Ty Law is gone and Rodney Harrison is out. Your defense is not what it used to be, while ours is vastly improved. The times they are a-changin'.

I actually hope that the Patriots meet the Colts again in the playoffs, this time in Indianapolis, just to show everyone that it doesn't matter where the game is played.

Oh, and Tom Brady is now 9-0 lifetime in domes. Do you think he'd do ok?

Peyton Manning said:
Ty Law is gone
Cause Ty Law was such a huge factor in last year's playoff thumping of the Dolts...3 points against a team with Troy Brown playing DB...pretty good stuff there Pey-Pey.

Hewson said:

Jacksonville's the only team there who might sniff a .500 record. You're blessed with the NFL's easiest schedule this season, and you'll win your division and fail in the playoffs again, flailing your arms in confusion when you face a superior defense. It happens every January.

i wasn't even going to go there....

but damn, if that schedule isn't soft serve. nothing challanging until after the bye.

that's when you see a team above .500

three loses minimum before the end of regular season

pey-pey :ufunny:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom