The Official 2005 NFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imarocker said:

yea so Manning can light up that secondary like the 4th of July

You mean like he did in the past two playoff games...oh wait that's right. The Pats won both of them.

Last edited:
If the coaches played that would help the Pats even more since Manning seems to drop a deuce in his pants everytime he sees Belichick on the sidelines anyways.

randhail said:
If the coaches played that would help the Pats even more since Manning seems to drop a deuce in his pants everytime he sees Belichick on the sidelines anyways.

hehehe

every time the pats are in a big game... with the exception of the super bowl last year, because, well, frankly, that wasn't a big game in my mind... there was no doubt new england was a far superior team to the feagles... anyhoo, i digress...

every time the pats are in a game that people with half a clue think they might actually lose this time... i.e. yesterday, the colts games, etc... for some reason... that reason probably being that i'm a sucker... i always pick the other team, and the pats always win.

so perhaps when indy comes to foxboro this year, i'll pick the pats, thus putting my black kiss of death curse upon foxboro... :hmm:

and yea... imarocker? i feel ya... i really do. i was a displaced new yorker going to college in new england. i know how irritating new england sports fans can be... trust me. this is a person who had bill buckner pictures hanging from my dorm room window (a window that had to be replaced after someone through a small rock at it, but again, i digress), and someone who was quoted in the school newspaper as saying "i hope the entire state of massachusets burns to the ground." yes... yes i really did say that. i still have the article around here somewhere.

but talking shit about the pats and using the colts as your argument? eh... not really helping people think that you're using logic in your arguments.

everyone gets knocked off the pedestal, & this is the year Indy might do it, I'd prefer Pitts to do it, but after the game plan yest they might need a diff off coord. & slap that idiot randel el for trying a school yard maneuver. The whole game changed on that play.

Imarocker said:
slap that idiot randel el for trying a school yard maneuver. The whole game changed on that play.
You might wanna slap Cryin' Hines Ward instead.
They parctice the lateral play all the time, and Randle El hit Ward between the 8 and the 6 with an easy lateral that even Roberto "manos de piedra" Duran could have handled and strolled into the end zone with, but Hinesy was probably too busy thinking about how well terrible towels absorb tears to pay attention to the football approaching his chest.

he wasn't even looking at randel, he was looking who to block.
you don't pull a dumbass play like that in the pros anyway, I don't care what you practice. That stays in high school

If the play worked, you'd be saying it was genius. Much like Marty was a genuis for letting LT throw the ball in San Diego last night.

randhail said:
If the play worked, you'd be saying it was genius. Much like Marty was a genuis for letting LT throw the ball in San Diego last night.

Yeah, but the risk (turnover) vastly outweighs the reward (TD instead of first-and-goal).

Suddenly with Ricky "Don't smoke that number" Williams 1 game away from finishing his suspension, the Dolphins look poised to make a run at the division...oh wait they have Gus Frerotte at QB.

Rodney Harrison tore his ACL, MCL and PCL in his left knee. Jeebus.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the jets reportedly offered up jonahtan vilma in a deal for philip rivers... which san diego turned down because they don't want to trade rivers.

so my question is... which team is stupider? the jets for offering up vilma for an unproven, baisicly rookie QB or the chargers for turning them down?

Gotta go with the Chargers. The Jets are in a desperate situation regarding the QB so I can understand the need to do something drastic even if it means trading for a potential All-Pro LB.

The Chargers are paying both Brees and Rivers and ton of money. Doesn't make sense there. They could fill a need at LB and eliminate any future qb controversies. The only thing I can think of as to why the Chargers don't make this deal is because they're planning on letting Brees walk at the end of the year or think that they can't resign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom