The Official 2005 NFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WildHoneyAlways said:

You are forgiven. :wink:

Jones did look good today. Benson did not. :hmm: I wonder what they are going to do.

:Bears:

I think Benson will be ok. As everyone has said, he's still getting used to the system b/c he's a moron for holding out. Until he shows more or Jones shows less, I'd stick with Jones and work him in.

I think the Bears give up on their rb's too soon. Wasn't Jones the potential next Marshall Faulk type last year? Then our O line gets beat up, we don't have a qb, and still he runs for 60 yds and a td. He was our only offense last year. Before then, A-train was the man. Then we have NO O line and NO qb or wr's and suddenly, it's his fault. I dunno, just my thought.

i didn't know about that quote?? he really said that???

headache, you've been pretty busy heading out to East Rutherford lately, w/ the stones last thursday and now to see big blue....

Numb1075 said:
i didn't know about that quote?? he really said that???

said it last year...

In his 16-minute diatribe, Pennington said the Jets' beat reporters had an "opportunity to be around some of the greatest athletes in the world" but sometimes abused the "privilege" by creating false perceptions.[/b/

Numb1075 said:
headache, you've been pretty busy heading out to East Rutherford lately, w/ the stones last thursday and now to see big blue....

tonight's actually my first giants game... as ya probably know it's hard as hell to get football tickets in this town unless you're a season ticket holder, know a season ticket holder or want to pay through the ass from a scalper. only pro football games i've gone to were, ironicly enough, two jet-patriot games... one last year, one about 8 years ago, and only because someone gave me/us tickets.

still plenty of tickets left for the game tonight if anyone's in the NYC/NJ area... get to see a monday night football game live and support a worthy cause... not too shaby.

frankly i'm shocked it hasn't sold out yet... the waiting list for giant season tickets is like 20 years long, and here's an extra game and there's still a few thousand tickets available 5 1/2 hours before kick off

I'm surprised it hasn't sold out as well...should be a nice night weather-wise, a chance as you say for those on the waiting list to get to a meaningful regular season game, and a chance to help out as well.
Things that make you go hmmm.

"They made this seem like the Super Bowl," quarterback Aaron Brooks said of the NFL and the hoopla after New Orleans had six turnovers and 13 penalties. "We played a team that outplayed us today, but it was way overdone. Setting up a stage, traveling out here, was uncalled for.

"Try not to patronize us next time, traveling us to New York, saying we're playing a home game."

Added coach Jim Haslett: "We were in the visiting locker room, on the visiting field. It seemed like an away game."

frankly... they can kiss my ass. you're a bunch of football players... you each make minimum 6 digits... you're not struggling just to live like many of the real new orleans residents. so frankly, quit your bitching. it really ain't that bad. you could be living in your own shit.

well put Headache

I still think they should have put the game in a neutral site, closer to N.O. (San Antonio, upper Louisiana etc)

at least that way, the Giants would have to travel and use visitor facilities etc

Numb1075 said:
well put Headache

I still think they should have put the game in a neutral site, closer to N.O. (San Antonio, upper Louisiana etc)

at least that way, the Giants would have to travel and use visitor facilities etc

agreed, but it sounds like they're whining... i mean if they played a good enough game where the crowd factor and noise etc. really made a difference in the outcome? fine... by all means they would have a right to be pissed. but they played like absolute dog shit... fumble on the opening kick off for pete's sake. what was the final again... 27-10? wasn't even that close. this was a romp.

big blue looks real good so far.

and that hurts coming from a gang green fan

PS, see shockey's crazy tattoo on his arm:eyebrow:

Props to David Akers, but is there some reason the Eagles punter can't placekick?

it's not very often that you can be happy with a 19 point loss... but if there ever was a blowout that can make you excited, it was last night...

frankly, the giants ran into a buzzsaw by the name of ladanian tomlinson... good for my fantasy team, bad for the giants. after two sub par games in a row, ya had to know he was gonna come out and go nuts.

but for eli to come out in that environment and look as good as he did? that's gotta make a giant fan feel a little giddy, despite the loss.

the colts have a third straight defensive victory... peyton looks like eli and eli looks like peyton. :shrug: go figure.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

the colts have a third straight defensive victory... peyton looks like eli and eli looks like peyton. :shrug: go figure.

I'm still not convinced with that Colts defense, not when the offenses they have played so far have been Baltimore, Jacksonville, and Cleveland. I can't wait until they come to Foxboro.

phanan said:

I'm still not convinced with that Colts defense, not when the offenses they have played so far have been Baltimore, Jacksonville, and Cleveland. I can't wait until they come to Foxboro.

yea so Manning can light up that secondary like the 4th of July

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom